Macy's Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Macy's

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Mason, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied for Macy's and got an email a few days later to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was just a basic overview of the job as well as about five behavior questions.

I was then invited to come on site to do an interview with the operational manager. You first complete an assessment when you get there and then will be taken to a room with the hiring manager. It was a very laid back interview with more situational and behavior questions as well as more details about what the job consist of. I was hired on the spot with a pay increase.

Interview Questions

• Provide a time when you did additional research to help you solve a problem.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Citrus Heights, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Citrus Heights, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

They asked about my customer service experience, wanted to know specific situations in which I tried to sell an item. Also they asked hypothetical situations and asked how I would respond.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work at Macy's   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Culver City, CA).

Interview

it was very quick and to the point. The lady asked about 7 questions all related to how you deal with situations and to see if you are a team leader.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to work with difficult co-workers, and what did you do   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

I was asked a few questions it was a quick and easy process. The ppl were nice and gave me a training date on the spot. I think it will be a great place to work part time and while I’m in school

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Elk Grove, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I went in the back and the store manager who was very kind began to interview me, I applied online the day before and I got an interview the next day. I took a total of about 15 minutes and got an offer a couple days later

Interview Questions

• tell me a time in which you were a leader   Answer Question
    • The environment is constantly changing at macy's how what would you do and how would you react?   Answer Question
    • How would you sell a customer and have them return   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's in July 2016.

Interview

My name is Zorivette
    I'm so glad to have a interview with you
    I'm have some experience in Customer support and I want to share it. Please let me know when I can get a space to tell More about me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Schedule

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Simple and shortThe interview was very easy however they try to make the job fit whatever you are looking for. It is clearly just a sales position, door- to- door sales. There were 3 other people interviewing when I was there and they contacted me the same day to say they wanted me to come to the next round which was a shadowing 9-5. I declined.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Tempe, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

A 10 minute spelling and grammar test conducted at a computer on site. Shortly after passing the test you’ll be interviews by a manager from the department you are applying for. If they like you then you’ll be offered a position. Listed hourly is negotiable but negotiate AFTER you are offered the position! A drug test is REQUIRED.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important part of customer service?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you felt with a difficult customer. What was the situation and how did your resolve the issue   Answer Question
    • Explain the gap in your employment history.   Answer Question
    • What are your hobbies outside of work and home?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (San Antonio, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was conducted by a manager. The interview was one on one. Basic questions about customer service. An Example, "What would you do in this position"? I recall around five to seven scenario questions. Lastly, Questions about your availability.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an angry customer unhappy with an item they purchased online?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online. Questions were easy, and the manager was super friendly and funny. I was talking about my experience, skills, about different situations in my life that can help me with customer service at work. Got the job a couple minutes after.