Macy's Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 10, 2017

2.0

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Mason, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied for Macy's and got an email a few days later to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was just a basic overview of the job as well as about five behavior questions.

I was then invited to come on site to do an interview with the operational manager. You first complete an assessment when you get there and then will be taken to a room with the hiring manager. It was a very laid back interview with more situational and behavior questions as well as more details about what the job consist of. I was hired on the spot with a pay increase.

Interview Questions

• Provide a time when you did additional research to help you solve a problem.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Culver City, CA).

Interview

it was very quick and to the point. The lady asked about 7 questions all related to how you deal with situations and to see if you are a team leader.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to work with difficult co-workers, and what did you do   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's in July 2016.

Interview

My name is Zorivette
    I'm so glad to have a interview with you
    I'm have some experience in Customer support and I want to share it. Please let me know when I can get a space to tell More about me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Schedule

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's in May 2016.

Interview

called for interview asked behavior questions did some testing then job offer to come next week for paper work and direct deposit and set of training dates and that's about it nothing to hard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Citrus Heights, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Citrus Heights, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

They asked about my customer service experience, wanted to know specific situations in which I tried to sell an item. Also they asked hypothetical situations and asked how I would respond.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work at Macy's   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online & received a phone call a few days later to schedule an in-person interview. Before the actual interview takes place you will be asked to complete an online skills assessment upon arrival. Very easy interview, mainly just conversed about the company & departments. If they call you for an interview, most likely means you already have the job based on your application.

Interview Questions

• A few basic customer service/team work type questions, from a script.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Tempe, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Responded to ad online. Was called by recruiter several weeks later. Went in for initial testing on computer and to fill out job history info. Given apt with interviewer. Usual questions about past jobs and why you want this one......Interviewer offered position on spot at end of interview. Asked for and received near highest pay scale. Given apt for drug testing. Showed up at orientation day.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle multiple programs running at once ?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with HR and was brought in for a second on-site interview which took about 90 minutes. I was asked a lot of questions about what brands and products Chinese buyers like to purchase on their trips. They also gave me a language test as well about a hypothetical customer service situation.Then I got a call in about two weeks saying that the company decided to hold off the hiring process and reconsider a comprehensive job responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to name high-end brands that are known to Chinese buyers   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

This was an extremely short interview since they want people who can work on Saturdays and only want sales people or stocking people. I was kept waiting for half an hour and there was even a private space to talk. My interview was done on the sales floor.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Macy's?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I interviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

Interview

Quick and fast and no stress. I was hired on the spot for part time seasonal work. I was able to pick the position I wanted and interviewer was verykind