Macy's Interview Questions in Denver, CO | Glassdoor

Macy's Interview Questions in Denver, CO

2.5

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Denver, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

Filled out the application online, it is a long long application form like 20 pages long, inclues personal informations. then go to store to have a face to face interview

Interview Questions

• Have you had any experience in the industry   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Denver, CO) in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted via email to schedule an interview a day after applying. After scheduling the interview, I received an email with instructions to the store and the HR Department. On the day of the interview, I arrived a few minutes early. The lady confirmed my name and asked I give her a couple minutes. Promptly after she asked I follow her to her manager's office. The lady failed to introduce herself (thanks to her name tag, I knew her name). She began the interview by telling me the position had been filled but wanted to interview me anyway. After a series of questions regarding the Beauty Advisor position, she informed me of an opened management position she thought I would qualify for. She began to ask me questions regarding my management style.

Interview Questions

• What made me a great manager? I was taken by surprise by this questions as I was not applying for a management position, thus I was not prepared for such question.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Denver, CO) in May 2014.

Interview

Very easy, to the point. Kathy Sisneros was very welcoming and making feel like I deserved this position. She's a very wonderful individual however, my over all experience of the company was not so great, I would not even recommend going to the interview because with this company you're no longer an individual you are a number on their roster, it's not fair to yourself to put yourself through this rampage.

Beauty Advisor (Part-time) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Denver, CO) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received an invitation for an interview via email. Very easy process. Picked a time online that worked, and came in to interview with HR. He asked very basic questions and it lasted only 15 minutes. He said he liked my experience and would pass my resume on to the cosmetics manager. I was invited back a few days later to interview with her and she said she really liked me and I was what they were looking for because she liked my sales background - even though I had no cosmetics experience. Same type of questions, nothing difficult - standard questions. A week later I was interviewed with the brand manager. This one lasted 2 hours. An hour with him and I got grilled. Then he softened up and started to like me, so I knew it was heading in a good direction. He then brought me down to the counter. I was then interviewed by the counter manager and someone else associated with the brand but I forget what she does. They really liked me and offered me the job right after. I was able to negotiate a better base and I'm satisfied. Base plus 3% commission - and very happy with it. Everyone was super nice. Just be confident and you have to sell yourself. It was harder than I thought to get a beauty advisor job but I like the flexibility of the hours. Weekends are required.

Interview Questions

• All very standard: name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer; how comfortable are you working on a team; are you comfortable working for commission; can you work nights and weekends   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered me a base. I asked for 3 extra dollars per hour. He said he couldn't go that high. I said I would meet them in the middle. I was offered $1.50 extra per hour.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Denver, CO).

Interview

Applied online, got phone call for interview. Did personality test. Offered over the phone. Reported to store HR for training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NA

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Denver, CO) in March 2014.

Interview

The interviewer read the questions then wrote down my replies. She showed no emotion or interest. Not any real personality. She ended up as my supervisor. She didn't have any interpersonal skills..

Seasonal Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Denver, CO) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to sign up for an interview. The initial interview was postponed a day because the employee was on a trip. On interview day, I arrived early but the interviewer was 15 minutes late and when they finally arrived, they didn't show much interest in me as a candidate or when I told them I had no previous retail experience. The job description didn't say it was required but I guess it was.

Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Denver, CO) in December 2012.

Interview

It was great, very quick and easy. I originally applied for the X-Mas season. Interviewer was my to-be boss who was very approachable. The interview took place in the HR department on the third floor level. The questions were very relate-able, given my experience in retail, it was quite simple and I didn't find the process difficult. I was strategic to wear Macy's brand color "red" to the interview and was offered a position within days. Overall, it was an enjoyable process.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you noticed an employee stealing merchandise?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No-I attempted, but the base pay was firm at 8.25/hrly

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Denver, CO) in November 2012.

Interview

I applied online and recieved an email asking me to schedule an interview. While the interviewer was 40 minutes late, the interview itself was quite easy. They asked about my goal-setting experience, how I felt about working on teams, why did I want to work at Macy's, etc. Afterwards I was offered a position on the spot. The next week I came in for training which was a bunch of computer lessons and quizes and then a tour of the store.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They said you will make minimum wage for training and $8.25/hour after that. I could either accecpt or decline. No negotiation.

Seasonal Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Denver, CO) in May 2012.

Interview

I got a call about 3 days after I applied asking me to come in. They were upfront about the salary over the phone. I came in and they explained the job to me and asked me only if I was interested in that kind of work. I said yes and I was immediately hired.

Interview Questions

• I didn't really get any questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. They were firm on the pay. No wiggle room at all.