Macy's Department Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 17, 2017

2.3

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Macy's (Miami, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

You had to wear very fashionable clothing. You have to show up before your appointment time or your considered late. You also have to look happy and be outgoing.

Interview Questions

• Where I would like to be in five years and did I enjoy my present job. They wanted to know why I wanted to leave my present employer even though I was happy there.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macy's (Sacramento, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

the lady was an employee who interviewed me. not even a manager. she was asking irrelevant questions and was very lost and unprofessional. she did not even know the position she was interviewing me for and had to go ask in the middle of my interview and was gone for 10 minutes

Interview Questions

• how good are you with technology   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Columbia, MD).

Interview

Fast, informative and asked about my experience with coaching, inspiring and providing results through staff. Asked me to sell the piece of paper on his desk. Asked me what I will do to obtain new product knowledge on a regular basis in order to educated customer and associates on products.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about holding associates accountable to sales goals and performance?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Collierville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Collierville, TN) in February 2012.

Interview

Met with-store-manager-first-and-then-the-district-manager.Both asked-similar-questions.How-do-you-deal-with-challenges,work-as-a-team-etc..

Interview Questions

• How-did-you-deal-with-people-who-don't-pull-theirweight?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Seattle, WA) in March 2011.

Interview

My interview was different than probably any other as I knew someone who knew the HR guy well. He asked me the basic questions one would expect on any interview. But because of my friend and his personal knowledge of the kind of person I am, the interview went very well. I am not sure how the questions might be different without this kind of personal knowledge of my character.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salinas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Macy's (Salinas, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

Didn't really get into all of the details. It was more of who would show better leadership skills and what would be done in situations where the customer was dissatisfied.

Interview Questions

• Rememer ONE experience where the customer was given great customer service.   1 Answer