Macy's Interview Questions in Glendale, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 16, 2017

2.1

Fine Jewelry Commission Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Glendale, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Today I got interview at Macy's Glendale Galleria and my overall experience was good. Waiting for an update from the management. The interview process took about an hour and think I got the offer. Too bad they offered part time but I'd applied for full time.

Interview Questions

• Do you have cosmetics sales experience?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Glendale, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was easy, got interviewed by 2 different managers and hired on the spot. The interview was pretty easy, basic questions. I started working right after the interview.

Benefit Cosmetics Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (Glendale, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied and got an interview the next day. She called me to come in a whole hour earlier than my scheduled time so I scrambled and like Took a bus ride for an hour and went through the whole interview process confident I'm acing the interview and then she tells me "unfortunately we have closed the position" I'm like ok but why was I told to come in.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Glendale, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I met with the ASM then the VM. It was an easy interview with basic questions about the job. After being offered the job, I went through an online onboarding process. It was long and boring but necessary as most companies have their own version of this.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Glendale, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Submitted an application online and got an email to schedule an application. Interviewer was very friendly. She asked how would I sell a Macy's credit card and how do I work as a team. She then asked if I would be willing to work on call.

Retail Sales Associate - Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Glendale, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online (June 16) and got an email back the next day (June 17) to schedule an interview with them. The next available interview time was a week from that day (June 24) which is when i scheduled my interview. I arrived about half an hour early and waited around 5-10 minutes after my scheduled interview time to be called in. The lady who was interviewing me had come back a little late from her lunch. She asked me a bunch of scenario based questions, like what i would do in certain situations, or to give her an example of how i delt with a previous situation. At first she came across a little intimidating and i actually choked when she asked me a certain question and straight up said "ummm i don't know", at that point i thought i had totally ruined my chances of getting the job but she reworded the question and was really cool and understanding about my nervousness and the rest of the interview went really well and smoothly from there, i ended up getting hired on the spot and was told to come back and start my training another 6 or so days later (June 30). The hours seem to be really flexible, you basically pick your own schedule and you're paid every friday! If you're a student of any kind i would really recommend looking into jobs at Macy's cause they offer good pay, experience, and a flexible schedule that you can make work even for the most hectic of schedules.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Macys?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you saw a friend or coworker either break or bend the rules. What did you do? How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • It can get pretty busy around here sometimes. Do you have any experience being or dealing with a constantly changing, fast paced environment that can even be a bit hectic at times?   Answer Question
    • If you had a good idea about something how would you go about convincing another person to go along with your idea.   1 Answer
    • Tell me a little about yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation offered or needed really. I was told it was $9.50 hourly which i was perfectly fine with.

Sales Associate In Macy's Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Glendale, CA).

Interview

Applied online and received an email two days later. I scheduled an interview and arrived 30 minutes early. Was called in after a person was done with her interview. Do note that there were different supervisors interviewing people. Pretty much questions about myself and questions about being in situations and how would you handle them. It has been a week and I haven't heard back from them, but still hopeful. My advice is to be confident and be sure of your answers. Speak clearly and don't mumble your words. Overall it was a good experience as it was my first job interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself

What do you bring to retail?

Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a worker/partner. How did you handle it?

Tell me about a time you had to be quick on your feet?

Tell me a time you gave great customer service?

Tell me a time you had to work with others. How did you communicate with them?
      Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Glendale, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

why do you want to work here. what skills can you bring on the table? what do you do for fun? what made you apply for macys pretty straight forward answer the questions interviewer said

Macy Flex Team Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Glendale, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received an e-mail the next day asking for an interview. I dressed very corporate and came 10 minutes early. I didn't receive my interview until 20 minutes after my initial interview time. I was interviewed by a man in HR and he asked some basic questions about beauty and customer service. It seemed like a busy day at Macy's because he was constantly being interrupted by phones call, which was very distracting. The man was pleasant nice and very formal. the interview lasted 15 minutes and at the end of the interview he said he'll pass my information along to the beauty counter managers to decide if I'll be getting a second interview. He also said I'll be receiving an e-mail to notify me if I'll be getting the second interview or not. it's been over 2 weeks and I have not received a call or e-mail form them again,but i did notice that they are not receiving anymore applications for flex team beauty advisor. Overall decent interview but I wish I was notified of my status with the store.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you applying makeup on other people?
      Why Macy's?
      Explain a time you receive great customer service.
      Explain you worked in a stressful environment and what did you do, how did you handle it
      Can you name time you worked in a team to accomplish a goal.
      1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Glendale, CA).

Interview

I applied online and received an email after 2 days to expect a call to ask me more questions (no mention of date or time for the phone call). I did the phone interview 4 days later, all the questions they asked I found on here and already had answers ready. I was offered the job on the spot and went to training the next day. I guess seasonal employees are only given one day of training (all online stuff and register training) the rest you learn as you go, i guess. They were very nice and helpful but I had to think to ask every question about picking up shifts and just the day to day stuff, like where do I put my purse. They didn't seem prepared. As seasonal employees we are to sign up for shifts online, however, there has not been a single shift available since i was able to sign up. Hopefully there will be some when they open shifts for November.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no negotiation for salary. I was hired and went through training the next day. I was told to sign up for shifts online and there has been a single open shift available in any department.