Macy's Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

2.2

102 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job position online. The following day I received an email alerting me to schedule a convenient day and time to interview. I scheduled my interview for a week later, and over the 7 day period I received 3 confirmation emails notifying me about my upcoming interview, including the day of. Upon showing up for my interview on time at the office I was directed to go to, I was told by a very nice lady that they were no longer hiring. She then told me I should come back in March to try again, and that she was sorry for the inconvenience. Then, 3 days after my scheduled interview I recieved an email from Macy's telling me that they were no longer hiring at the location I applied to. I could not believe how unprofessional Macy's was.

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Sugar Land, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a call back because there were questions about a conviction that I put on my application from 1993. The lady was really nice and just asked me to explain the situation. About two days later I received an email asking me to set up a phone interview. I did just that and set it for August 23rd at 4:30pm. I received a call on yesterday asking me if I could reschedule because the Loss Prevention Manager would not be available. I rescheduled to August 23rd at 11:00 a.m. While on the phone, I found out that it would be in person, not on the phone. What if I had not asked? Anyway, I will update later.

Interview Questions

• What were the circumstances of your conviction that you listed on your application.   Answer Question

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX).

Interview

Apply online, all communication is through email. Emailed me the invite to interview. In-person interview with a manager. They use a structured interview. All-black dress code. They pay weekly, so that's pretty cool.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you saw someone do something wrong. What did you do about it?   Answer Question

Several Positions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

I had three separate interviews. The great thing about Macy's interviews is that if the interviewing manager does not think that you are a great fit for their department, they will refer you to another department's manager. The first manager referred me to another department. I met with that manager the next day. She stated that things looked good and referred me to the hiring manager of her department. The third interview took place two days later. I met with one of the top floor managers and after another interview, she offered me a job on the spot.

The questions and possible responses on this site was very helpful.

Interview Questions

• When in a team, what were your duties and were you successful?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you gave good customer service   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you saw a co-working stealthily?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that you received exceptional customer service   Answer Question
    • Why do you choose to work at Macy's?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary was negotiable. I was pleased.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

I applied online and then got an email saying that I had been invited to interview with them. I called and set uo an interview. The interview was very easy, she asked a few scenario questions in which I answered. I was then hired on the spot, she told me the starting salary and I accepted the offer. Directly after that I was taken to the HR office and I had to fill out a few forms for a background check.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond the call of duty for a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered $8.00 an hour which is more than minimum wage so I did not negotiate.
    the only problem is that it's on call and there is no guarantee of hours.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

Okay I applied for Macy's at Willowbrook Mall in Houston on Monday night. and by Thursday I received an email that i was invited to do an interview. Well since I am pretty much a planner. I came on this site and looked at questions that Macy's used in the interview. so i put on the questions on note cards and practiced just in case. So i arrived there and had to wait for about 5-10 minutes. my interviewer was a little late but i didnt mind. After she apologized, we went straight into a room and started the interview. I believe the interview was pretty easy. I was only asked 3 questions. probably because it was seasonal. the first question right off the bat was "Why Macy's". after the questions were over, she gave me an option for sale associate or recovery.Since this was my first job, i kinda wanted to start fairly easy, so i decided to do recovery. which is pretty much making sure the store is clean. Since i am going to school, i had to do night time recovery. I pretty much have a open schedule so i have to set my hours with first come first serve. after they got my packet with orientation and training, code of conduct, and yada yada. and i had to get on the computer to do my new employee and fill out payment, taxes, and other stuff.and that was basically it . so now i have orientation (10-17-11) and computer training (10-19-11)

Interview Questions

• Why Macy's?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you saw a co worker bending the rules or breaking?   1 Answer
    • How do you feel about changing dept?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Retail Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Let me start of by saying that I came to this website prior to my interview and found everything stated on here to be true so I had an idea of what to expect but did not think it would really happen. I applied on-line for the part-time position and that same day, I received an email to set up an interview. The day of my interview, I arrived early and found the AST office closed. Another interviewee had arrived before me and she had notified an employee. Every employee that passed by smiled courteously and informed someone else of our presence outside the office. I noticed that although they were friendly to us, they were not the same way with their co-workers. Finally, two office assistants arrived and to our surprise, the person in charge of interviewing for the available position had been absent for what seemed like a couple of days and they immediately scrambled to get anyone. In the end, I was interviewed by a Sales Associate who read questions straight from a paper and took notes of my answers. She was a pleasant person but unfortunately could not provide me with acurate information concerning the position. However, she did inform me that the interview went well but her only concern was my availability (I needed to be more flexible because at least once a month I would have to work the whole day if necessary).

Interview Questions

• Why Macy's?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you worked in a group and a member was not collaborating, what did you do and what was the outcome?   1 Answer
    • Give me an example where you were asked to do something unethical, what did you do and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Men's Clothing and Shoes Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied online and then received an email the next day to schedule an interview online. I scheduled the interview for the next day. They asked the basic questions like why do you want to work at Macys and what if questions. Offered me a choice of jobs to chose from right after the interview. I took the one with the best pay that would fit into my schedule. I was only looking for part-time hours.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Support Associate Interview

Application

Interview

I received a phone call ..went to the interview..I was asked if i am reliable and put to work ..FYI if they call you in the want to hire you.The managers are very very busy so if you interview your a shoe in.

Fitting Room Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Humble, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Humble, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

I was called in to do an interview about 2 days after I put in my online application. The manager interviewing was so nice.