Macy's Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.2

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied the position online and got replied to set a face interview, I choose the next day of the day i received their email. Very friendly hiring manager. We had very helpful conversation. Unfortunately they had already hired someone else just a bit earlier than my interview, but overall I am appreciated the opportunity. : )

Interview Questions

• All questions are expected because all of them are based on my working experience.   Answer Question

Signing Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Friendswood, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Friendswood, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Very quick and easy was asked if I've ever sold retail. Asked if I knew basic math skills if I was able to lift 30lbs if I could bend reach above eye level and if I could stand on feet for several hours

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews. One on 3/13/17 and one on 3/14/17. They were in Houston, TX. I won't say which location, because I'm trying to be nice. But if she's reading this, she knows who she is. The first interview was with a very welcoming and professional gentleman. He was great and made me feel comfortable and valued as a person. The second interview was with a woman. She wasn't rude, but she wasn't very friendly either. She drilled me on how I would handle different situations in the store. When I say "drilled" that's just what I mean. She barked the questions at me and glared at me like nothing I said was going to be good enough. I answered her questions humbly yet confidently. I refused to let her make me nervous, which irritated her even more. She dismissed me after the drill session and I got a rejection email the next day. I'm not upset. I actually feel sorry for her. The pressure of keeping Macy's afloat is not brining out the best in her. I understand that Macy's is closing 68 store in 2017, so the pressure must be enormous to stay off of the chopping block. When she told me that it's required to get at least 4 people a week to open a charge card, I knew that I had applied at the wrong place. It's not 1995. People don't get off on opening charge cards anymore. I'm more than happy to look elsewhere for employment.

Interview Questions

• Her main concern was whether or not I had the ability to convince people to open a Macy's charge card. Most of the interview was about that.   Answer Question

Jewelry Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied, received an email the next day requesting me to schedule an interview, I picked the interview date and time. I then interview with a manager and the next day interviewed with two more and was offered the position there. Pretty basic interview questions, loads of positivity from the managers interviewing. They wrote down most of what I said and were very friendly.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Apply online. Schedule your interview via an email link. Had two face to face interviews with two different Sr. Exec. Did not ask the typical interview questions. It felt very intense. A lot of company jargon used in the interview. Thought they were interviewing me for the NASA space program. Interviewers made no notes so not sure what or how they were rating my responses. It was about 24 interview questions altogether with side questions for clarification. Even though I prepped for the interview it felt like I was completely unprepared. It lasted about an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• How do you influence or inspire others? How do you handle an employee you like but does not perform well? How do you let stakeholders know that you have the company's best interest in mind?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Short and simple. Wear all black and look professional. Its customer service, so a warm smile will help. Worked here all through college. They will ask how many hours you want to work, pay rate, and which department. You will usually get into one of the three department you request.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had an unhappy customer?   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Sugar Land, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quite simple. Applied online, was sent an email asking to pick an appointment for interview. You walk in, manager talks to you for a bit, goes over your resume and just asked me to when I could get started

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview was through the phone. Fast and simple if I'm being honest. Not too many questions were asked during the process of it. I got the job during that same phone call, and was called in about 3 weeks after.

Interview Questions

• How much experience have I had in retail.   1 Answer

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX).

Interview

Apply online, all communication is through email. Emailed me the invite to interview. In-person interview with a manager. They use a structured interview. All-black dress code. They pay weekly, so that's pretty cool.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you saw someone do something wrong. What did you do about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview was quick and straight to the point. Talked with area manager then store manager and they both were very thorough on how things are at Macy's. Very good interview and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What would be my selling technique?   1 Answer