Macy's Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Macy's Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Mar 25, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and set up an interview 2 days later. I came in for interview 10 minutes early and got called back right on time. The manager who interviewed me was incredibly down to earth and made me feel really comfortable. When he was done asking questions he called back a department head. She asked me questions about my availability and if I was ok with what the job would entail. She offered me a job in jewelry with flex hours. Overall, really wonderful interview experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell the Macy's credit card?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever encountered a situation where a coworker or classmate did something against the rules and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor - Chanel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

About a week after I applied online, I received an email with a link to an online schedule to make my interview appointment. The night before the interview (which was scheduled in the morning) at 9:30pm, I got a call from HR to reschedule the interview. The HR woman offered an explanation, but no apology. So I rescheduled for a day later. Then, AGAIN, around 9pm the night before, HR called to reschedule the interview a few hours later. The actual interview was pleasant enough at first, basic customer service questions. I have a few years of retail experience and they really liked that. After about 20 min, the interview said the position had been filled and the other Cosmetics positions were filled earlier this morning. I explained to her that HR rescheduled several times, and she said she would’ve loved to hire me but she can’t rescind any offers. In that moment, her phone rings. She PICKS UP HER PHONE, and proceeds to have about a minute long conversation that I’m not even sure was work related. She then offered to set me up for an interview with a different department. As the interviewer and I speak to HR, the HR woman says the department I was to interview with will probably be filled up by the time of my interview (a week and a half later), but I’m welcome to try. They were all very pleasant people, and I’m sure they’re good at their jobs, but this location seems to be very disorganized. Having worked in retail, I understand that things come up all the time. However, I would’ve appreciated a little more transparency or a quick apology.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is the most important thing about customer service?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Apply online. Schedule your interview via an email link. Had two face to face interviews with two different Sr. Exec. Did not ask the typical interview questions. It felt very intense. A lot of company jargon used in the interview. Thought they were interviewing me for the NASA space program. Interviewers made no notes so not sure what or how they were rating my responses. It was about 24 interview questions altogether with side questions for clarification. Even though I prepped for the interview it felt like I was completely unprepared. It lasted about an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• How do you influence or inspire others? How do you handle an employee you like but does not perform well? How do you let stakeholders know that you have the company's best interest in mind?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

He interview was great. Very hot. Lady was kind. Loved it all. Building very ild. The cost was the best. It could be that I was tired but it was a greatime experience. It was great experience.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview was quick and straight to the point. Talked with area manager then store manager and they both were very thorough on how things are at Macy's. Very good interview and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What would be my selling technique?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty average, there were 3 other people waiting to interview at the same time, however the had several open spots. The HR manager was very nice and polite, she started by asking me to tell her about myself and moved into reading questions off a sheet of paper. The interview lasted 30minutes total.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Macy's?   1 Answer
    • Integritybus very important to Macy's, tell me about a time you experienced a co worker not displaying this and what did you do?   1 Answer
    • This position requires you to multi-task and tell me about a time you were working in a project and had been interrupted and what did you do?   1 Answer

The Macy's site allows you to select a pay range example: $8-$10, $11-$13, I selected the highest pay range and when I asked the starting pay I was told it depends on experience but ranges between $9.75-$11. This was very far off from my selection when I filled out the application online. I would never have accepted the interview had I know we were so far off pay wise.

Executive Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I met with a college recruiter at a career fair and had a phone interview a couple weeks later. I had another phone interview about a month and a half later. Waited another month and a half and they flew me to an on-site interview. The on-site interview consisted of panels and multiple interviews.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

behavioral questions then situations..if u have worked in stores then u can definetely answer all their questions its not that tough..just be yourself...don't lie or make up fake questions in your mind

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Macy's (Sugar Land, TX).

Interview

pretty swift interview not anything surprising, its a typical process but be proactive about scheduling an interview the HR can forget about you. If you want this job just be enthusiastic, if you want the full 9.25$ pay check apply as full time other wise it will be less as half time.

Interview Questions

• why are you applying to Macy's   1 Answer

Fitting Room Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Sugar Land, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

I arrived at the HR department about 15 minutes early. I wore nice jeans with a basic black tee and a blazer. The person I was originally supposed to interview with wasn't there, so one of the managers interviewed me so I didn't have to wait. Everyone was really nice. The entire interview lasted about 20-30 minutes. They offered me the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Explain a time you received good customer service? What would you do if you saw a coworker doing something wrong? Describe a time you worked with a group to achieve a task and what was the outcome?   Answer Question