Macy's Human Resources Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 31, 2017

2.4

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Edison, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview was very good. They are so much supportive & understanding during interview. Very friendly. They will just check if I have same work exp written in the resume or not.Decision was quick and fast.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self.
    Education background
    Last job- profile, reporting boss & why did you leave the job?
    What encourage to join Macys?
    Why macys?
    what would you do if you see customer staeling ?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Human Resources Manager Interview

Interview

Contacted through email by a recruiter to schedule a phone screen. Spoke over the phone at the agreed upon date/time for about 30 minutes. Recruiter lead the conversation and I was asked for questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• What is the purpose of a Human Resources professional?   1 Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

It has been a good interview process so far. I am still in process with them. Initial interviewer put me at ease and offered good detail about the company and the position.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by 3 people. One Director level person, one colleague and the VP I was going to report to. Then I had to go through a background check. They contacted me and asked if I was interested. Then I had a phone interview then I had the interviews listed above. I never applied.

Interview Questions

• Past experiences, what techniques I used to do my work.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Very professional, as it was a referral interview, the dialogue was mainly about my experience in Europe and how human relations processes can benefit the retail industry. Also, comparisons of the two overall philosophies, what is different and what is the same, no matter location.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself contributing in a positive way to our HR department?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

I was contacted via email after I submitted my resume online to schedule an interview. At the face to face interview many situation type questions, how do you handle multiple projects, keep yourself organized etc...
    Scheduled immediately for a 2nd interview with the manager. Declined the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a specific time when you worked with someone who wasn't carrying their full weight   Answer Question

pay was not was expected

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2009.

Interview

A former colleague recruited me for an open position. The screening interviews took longer than I expected but the people were extremely friendly, easy to talk to. When I went to Cincinnati for the final rounds of interviews the logistics went extremely well. Again, all the people who interviewed me made me feel welcome, were genuinely curious about my experience and possible future contribution. Overall the interviewing and hiring was great. The on boarding process left a lot to be desired. It consisted of a two hour meeting with an HR Manager who gave me lots of information all at once. The initial training for the role was non-existent. I basically fended for myself. Luckily I had a wonderful supervisor who helped me a great deal and answered questions for me.

Interview Questions

• Rather than asking me to answer questions about my experience and knowledge, I was asked a lot of "what if" and "How would you..." questions. I had a hard time answering as some scenarios seemed so esoteric.   3 Answers

Negotiation

I really didn't have to negotiate. The salary was more than I expected. The relocation package was generous and very easy to manage. They had a health benefit package that didn't start for six months. That was the only think I didn't like. But there was no negotiating it.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2008.

Interview

The interview began with a telephone interview which covered the basic questions: experience, education, etc. The second interview was a one on one interview and the employer had a list of questions already prepared. The interviewer throughly reviewed my resume. I had previous experience working in a Macy's retail store. The enviorment was very uptight and conservative.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Macy's?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The pay is based on work experience and education; it is also based on what others in similar positions make. The company overall can be very hard lined on what they are willing pay; some negotiation is acceptable just dont over do it.