Macy's Interview Questions in Idaho Falls, ID | Glassdoor

Macy's Interview Questions in Idaho Falls, ID

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Idaho Falls, ID) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process took about 15 minutes. I don't remember all the questions as they were quite lengthy, but here are some of the basics. The pay was for $9.00 an hour and the scheduling was basically seasonal gets to schedule whatever hours are left after full time and part time employees picked their hours.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Macy's?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you have witnessed someone bending or breaking the rules and what did you do about it?   Answer Question
    • How would you make an initial connection with a customer?   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • What retail experience do you have?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you have had to deal with an angry customer and how did you handle to situation and what was the end result?   Answer Question

Retail Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Idaho Falls, ID) in May 2013.

Interview

Filled out an application online and then got an email to schedule an interview. I went in a week later for the interview, arrived 15 minutes early and wore mostly black like they do. When she finally took me in for the interview she almost didn't do the interview because of my availability, for retail support you have to be open mornings and I am not 3 days a week. I was pretty annoyed about the process, I am pretty sure no one looked at my application or availability before scheduling the interview, it was a waste of time when they would have known and not had me interview if they had looked at my application ahead of time. She also said the person in charge of hiring for the position is on vacation right now and won't look at my application until next week. I told her I would change my availability just to get her to actually interview me but I won't take the job even if they offer it, which I would have known had they given me more info about the hours in the first place.

Interview Questions

• All the questions had to do with a time when I worked with a team or had to pay attention to detail. She also asked "why macy's"   Answer Question