Macy's Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jan 15, 2016

2.6

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Everyone was nice, it was straightforward. Your immediate supervisor as well as their supervisor would reach out to see if you have any questions. They are very understanding and flexible.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (State College, PA).

Interview

There were two interviews. The first one was more of a "problem solver" interview on how to deal with employees and selling Macy's credit cards. Everyone was really nice though. The overall experience was not bad

Interview Questions

• How would you handle managing employees older than you?   Answer Question

I did not want to work retail

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied on campus through my school's career services site and got the interview. It was only one round of fit/behavioral interviews on campus; there was a pre-interview night they hosted on campus that was primarily just a panel of questioning and some networking.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I attended several networking events and company presentations. During this period I networked with a bunch of alums and the head recruiter. I also emailed back and forth with several Macy's employees. Just show your enthusiasm and network with as many people as possible. The interview consists of two 30 minute interviews with two different interviewers. It was primarily a behavioral interview and wasn't that challenging. It was very conversational and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you used quantitative analysis to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's in January 2015.

Interview

I met with 2 interviewers and spoke to each for 30 minutes back to back. They asked behavioral questions. They were very friendly and told me I did a great job at the end.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was not very hard. The questions were very straight forward and clear. The interviewer was particularly looking for a knowledgeable person, who is passionate about the subject. There were a few questions about the company in particular. Also there were a few personal questions regarding interests, goals and plans.

Interview Questions

• Describe the time, when you had to change other people's opinion and you succeeded in it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

on round to determine summer internship programs: let you know within 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• mostly behavioral questions so there were none that were too difficult.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Interviewed on campus. Asked basic behavior questions. 2 thirty minute interviews

Intern Interview

Interview

2 back to back 30 min interviews. 1 standard, one problem solving. Not the hardest interview, not the easiest. Just be well prepared!

Interview Questions

• Review sales score sheet and making a management decision   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Consisted of a Small Behavioral Case and then A Set of Behavioral Questions.