Macy's Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Macy's

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Macy's (La Jolla, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Behavioral interview (about 30 minutes) followed by Skype technical interview with two interviewers (about an hour) that was focused on Java for the first half and swift for the second half.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macy's in February 2014.

Interview

The interview was 2 hours long and included a case study. I though that I did well but was not offered the position. You interview with 2 people each for one hour.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was in person. It was one-on-one and was very professional. They were testing your knowledge of retail and of Macy's specifically. They want candidates who come from diverse places, and will bring a fresh set of eyes and opinions to the company. They want to hire young and help you grow, so it helped to talk about long term career goals within Macy's.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Met with a recruiter during the job fair and connected with her. Then received an email to schedule a skype interview. Had a personality interview. Immediately after I spoke to one of the engineers there and asked me about my experience and roles on my projects. I was told i was to inexperience so i never had followup interview.

Interview Questions

• Telll me about your leadership roles in the projects you have done?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macy's (College Park, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was easy because the people interviewing me were great. They asked a lot of scenario questions. First you spent a half hour with one person to tell them about you, the more normal interview type that you expect. Then you spent another half hour with a second interviewer where they had you think through a number of situations and how you would react.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I submitted my application online and was in contact with a recruiter. I had one phone interview and one Skype interview. Total process was 2-2&1/2 weeks. Both interviewers were very nice.

Intern Interview

Interview

On campus recruiting first. I submitted my resume on the campus recruiting platform. Then I had two 30 minute back to back interviews. One behavioral and one more about the retail industry. They let me know within a few weeks whether or not I got the job. Very friendly vibe and smooth application process.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's in October 2012.

Interview

30 of behavior with one manager and 30 mins of case study with another manager. The behavior included common question like your greatest strength/weakness. The case study was where the manager give you a sheet of paper with 5 employees with their personal traits and selling records for the past few months. Then, he left for fifteen minutes and told you to analyze the information and decide how the bonus should be split and who should be promoted. Each person had flaws, whether personality or technical so I don't really know exactly if there was a right answer.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most important? Technical skills or being able to work in a group of diverse people   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Interviewed on campus. Asked basic behavior questions. 2 thirty minute interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

There were two interviews, the first one with the head of college relations and once you pass that one; you interview with your potential boss.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any unexpected questions, all standard questions to be honest.   Answer Question

Negotiation

non existent. Very informal in that sense, and they always assume you automatically accept once you apply within the company.