Macy's Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.7

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Macy's (La Jolla, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Behavioral interview (about 30 minutes) followed by Skype technical interview with two interviewers (about an hour) that was focused on Java for the first half and swift for the second half.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Met with a recruiter during the job fair and connected with her. Then received an email to schedule a skype interview. Had a personality interview. Immediately after I spoke to one of the engineers there and asked me about my experience and roles on my projects. I was told i was to inexperience so i never had followup interview.

Interview Questions

• Telll me about your leadership roles in the projects you have done?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macy's (College Park, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was easy because the people interviewing me were great. They asked a lot of scenario questions. First you spent a half hour with one person to tell them about you, the more normal interview type that you expect. Then you spent another half hour with a second interviewer where they had you think through a number of situations and how you would react.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was great. A pre-interview networking session was held the day before the interview in order to familiarize the candidates with the interviewers in a relaxing, easy manner.

Interview Questions

• When deciding how you want to launch a product, what are the steps you would take to launch and why?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Everyone was nice, it was straightforward. Your immediate supervisor as well as their supervisor would reach out to see if you have any questions. They are very understanding and flexible.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was in person. It was one-on-one and was very professional. They were testing your knowledge of retail and of Macy's specifically. They want candidates who come from diverse places, and will bring a fresh set of eyes and opinions to the company. They want to hire young and help you grow, so it helped to talk about long term career goals within Macy's.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (State College, PA).

Interview

There were two interviews. The first one was more of a "problem solver" interview on how to deal with employees and selling Macy's credit cards. Everyone was really nice though. The overall experience was not bad

Interview Questions

• How would you handle managing employees older than you?   Answer Question

I did not want to work retail

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied on campus through my school's career services site and got the interview. It was only one round of fit/behavioral interviews on campus; there was a pre-interview night they hosted on campus that was primarily just a panel of questioning and some networking.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I attended several networking events and company presentations. During this period I networked with a bunch of alums and the head recruiter. I also emailed back and forth with several Macy's employees. Just show your enthusiasm and network with as many people as possible. The interview consists of two 30 minute interviews with two different interviewers. It was primarily a behavioral interview and wasn't that challenging. It was very conversational and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you used quantitative analysis to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's in January 2015.

Interview

I met with 2 interviewers and spoke to each for 30 minutes back to back. They asked behavioral questions. They were very friendly and told me I did a great job at the end.