Macy's Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.7

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Summit application online, then you will be emailed to complete retail quiz, next step is a phone interview with the college relations team, then after the phone interview in person or video chat interview with both Macys department stores and Macys.com. Once all that was complete you hear back within 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation that did not require numbers to solve, but you did use numbers to solve?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's in October 2012.

Interview

30 of behavior with one manager and 30 mins of case study with another manager. The behavior included common question like your greatest strength/weakness. The case study was where the manager give you a sheet of paper with 5 employees with their personal traits and selling records for the past few months. Then, he left for fifteen minutes and told you to analyze the information and decide how the bonus should be split and who should be promoted. Each person had flaws, whether personality or technical so I don't really know exactly if there was a right answer.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most important? Technical skills or being able to work in a group of diverse people   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macy's in October 2012.

Interview

Signed up to interview through university job board. Was instructed to apply online for internship through Macy's, and took a 30 minute personality test before actual interview occurred. After being selected for a first round interview, found that it consisted of two parts: a one-on-one interview with a store manager and a case study scenario.

Interview Questions

• The case study was difficult because of preparation time constraints.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macy's in February 2014.

Interview

The interview was 2 hours long and included a case study. I though that I did well but was not offered the position. You interview with 2 people each for one hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Macy's (La Jolla, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Behavioral interview (about 30 minutes) followed by Skype technical interview with two interviewers (about an hour) that was focused on Java for the first half and swift for the second half.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Met with a recruiter during the job fair and connected with her. Then received an email to schedule a skype interview. Had a personality interview. Immediately after I spoke to one of the engineers there and asked me about my experience and roles on my projects. I was told i was to inexperience so i never had followup interview.

Interview Questions

• Telll me about your leadership roles in the projects you have done?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was in person. It was one-on-one and was very professional. They were testing your knowledge of retail and of Macy's specifically. They want candidates who come from diverse places, and will bring a fresh set of eyes and opinions to the company. They want to hire young and help you grow, so it helped to talk about long term career goals within Macy's.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was great. A pre-interview networking session was held the day before the interview in order to familiarize the candidates with the interviewers in a relaxing, easy manner.

Interview Questions

• When deciding how you want to launch a product, what are the steps you would take to launch and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The process was pretty simple. Apply, wait for a week, interview over phone then in person, then the offer then you sign the contract. Nothing out of ordinary. Good to have reference for better chance just like anywhere else

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Everyone was nice, it was straightforward. Your immediate supervisor as well as their supervisor would reach out to see if you have any questions. They are very understanding and flexible.