Macy's Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Intern Interview Questions

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Macy's (La Jolla, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Behavioral interview (about 30 minutes) followed by Skype technical interview with two interviewers (about an hour) that was focused on Java for the first half and swift for the second half.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Met with a recruiter during the job fair and connected with her. Then received an email to schedule a skype interview. Had a personality interview. Immediately after I spoke to one of the engineers there and asked me about my experience and roles on my projects. I was told i was to inexperience so i never had followup interview.

Interview Questions

• Telll me about your leadership roles in the projects you have done?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was in person. It was one-on-one and was very professional. They were testing your knowledge of retail and of Macy's specifically. They want candidates who come from diverse places, and will bring a fresh set of eyes and opinions to the company. They want to hire young and help you grow, so it helped to talk about long term career goals within Macy's.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was great. A pre-interview networking session was held the day before the interview in order to familiarize the candidates with the interviewers in a relaxing, easy manner.

Interview Questions

• When deciding how you want to launch a product, what are the steps you would take to launch and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The process was pretty simple. Apply, wait for a week, interview over phone then in person, then the offer then you sign the contract. Nothing out of ordinary. Good to have reference for better chance just like anywhere else

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Everyone was nice, it was straightforward. Your immediate supervisor as well as their supervisor would reach out to see if you have any questions. They are very understanding and flexible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (State College, PA).

Interview

There were two interviews. The first one was more of a "problem solver" interview on how to deal with employees and selling Macy's credit cards. Everyone was really nice though. The overall experience was not bad

Interview Questions

• How would you handle managing employees older than you?   Answer Question

I did not want to work retail

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

I obtained the interview after attending several on-campus recruitment events. I started to build a relationship with the head recruiter and soon after applied for the Buying/Planning internships offered at my specific university.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Macy's?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's in January 2015.

Interview

I met with 2 interviewers and spoke to each for 30 minutes back to back. They asked behavioral questions. They were very friendly and told me I did a great job at the end.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied on campus through my school's career services site and got the interview. It was only one round of fit/behavioral interviews on campus; there was a pre-interview night they hosted on campus that was primarily just a panel of questioning and some networking.