Macy's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,859 Interview Reviews

2.5

1,859 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Seasonal Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online and received an email a day later stating they wanted me to come in for an interview. The interview was about 15 to 20 minutes. They asked general customer service questions. I never worked in retail so that is probably one reason why I was not offered the job. Even though the job qualifications state that you do not have to have retail experience, I think you would have a better chance of being hired if you previously worked in retail. I think another reason is due to applying a little later than others. They probably already had people in mind of who they've wanted to hire at that time. I would definitely say that reviewing the interview questions on here helped tremendously because they were all similar to the questions asked during the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince a customer to buy a particular product over another product?   Answer Question

Omni Buying/Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

After being offered an interview, you have to take a retail math test online that is really easy because they supply equations and a critical thinking test that is a little bit more difficult. I had an on-campus interview consisting of two 30 min interviews. The first interview was purely behavioral, and the second interview was about the retail industry, which was much more difficult.

Interview Questions

• How would you decide if you should add a new purse to the sales floor?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

For someone equipped with extensive corp experience, and retail experience, the conversation could have been more mature rather than the template list of questions geared to inexperienced individuals. They require staff remain completely schedule flexible which is illogical for most people, especially if holding down more than one job.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Friendly. Had two interviews in one day but Interviewers were running behind. Read mainly from a generated interview questionnaire based on application and seemed robotic. Both were friendly and to the point. There was a moment with the second interview where it became more personal talking about our children and hobbies etc.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time when you had to handle a tough situation and how did you handle it?
      What do you currently do to improve sales and any results relating to that improvement?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Arcadia, CA).

Interview

I applied online after finding out that they had an opening on their website. The process took roughly two weeks until I received an interview request. The interview itself took about 30 minutes with the supervisor.

Interview Questions

• They asked the basic questions, shift, weaknesses, strengths, and gave scenarios in which you must answer.   Answer Question

Lancome Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Chesapeake, VA).

Interview

There were two interviews, one with Macys and one with Lancome. I was told different information from each which made it difficult to know which was accurate. They are looking for a one year commitment minimum.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to work every holiday, any shift and weekends?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Memphis, TN).

Interview

I applied online on a Friday. That following Monday morning I got an email from Macy's telling me to schedule my interview date and time. The interview was pretty neutral and fast & the interview process was about 6-7 minutes long

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

I got an email within a day or two. My interview was schedule at 2:45pm; but since I got there early, I was brought in at 2:15 pm. The interviewer was very kind, and decided that I was not fit for the role due to the fact that I was a full time college student. If you're planning to apply for the visual merchandiser position make sure that you will be able to work in the early mornings.

Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Phone interview asking about my resume and background. Why did I choose Macys and why was I interested in the role. What do you know about Macys. Why did you choose the career that you are in. The person interviewing me also asked the amount I was looking to make for a salary

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied for the full time position at North gate Macy's online, within three days was asked to schedule an in person interview. Arrived at my interview on time 11:30am, waited a few minutes for the interviewer to tell me that they were notified 11am the same day that the full time position has been filled and that they only have seasonal on call positions, clearly what I wasn't looking for. So I declined to move on further with the process. What a waste of my time and money!