Macy's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,714 Interview Reviews

2.5

1,714 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Asset Protection Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I filled out an application online and was invited to do a phone interview. I scheduled my time for a few days later and prepared for my interview. I really need a job so I was looking forward to this opportunity. 4 MINUTES before my interview I received an email saying the position was filled yesterday. Are you kidding me?? This is ridiculously unprofessional and rude. Someone could have called me, but no. I get a lousy email 4 minutes before my interview. I didn't even see it until I had been waiting to get a call for 15 min. I will never apply to work at Macy's again, they obviously don't understand basic etiquette.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Friendly and nice presentation of the line.To be sure about the products for to keep the clients permanent and some gifts from our company in lovely manners. To see them soon.

Interview Questions

• My prior experience. If I know Macys store enough If I like people to get good rate sales.Also about the salary and benefits events and week ends able to work.   Answer Question
    • If I can start inmediately.   1 Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Interview

Arrived early to the hiring center it's for a store that hasn't yet opened so they were interviewing in like a cubical office space. Interview was short asked situational question what was odd was she asked me if I would taking positioning in other areas in the store which I said yes. Then at the end of the interview she said I would be called for a second interview but that there was no more visual positions open. But I don't understand why I would interviewed for a visual position if they were no longer hiring.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to change direction and start a new project unexpected.   Answer Question

Counter Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Saw an advertisement for the position and applied online and got an appointment for an interview after 2days.
    I was told that they did not have an opening so go ahead apply for seasonal position..I felt like I wasted my time,gas and efforts for the job which was not even available .. or..maybe they didn't want me!
    Not a good experience at all

Interview Questions

• How do you introduce and sell Macy's credit card to customers?   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Warwick, RI).

Interview

"Describe the interview process" - I didn't even GET an interview. A day before my scheduled time, they called me and told me they "no longer had the available position." So unprofessional. I spent 3 days reviewing history about the company (both companies) and their procedures for this interview. Unbelievable and disappointed.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I aplied online and within three days I was asked to come in for an interview. The interview was pretty laid back and easy going. My interview responses were given to the manager for review. The next day I got a call regarding their decision

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you had to appeal to a customer?   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I interviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Robotic. Hiring manager had a stack of applications and I was one of them. Mgr asks you standard questions and does not look at your resume - don't bother printing it out. The standard questions did not apply to me and I had no way to make sense of this interview because I did not have previous experience in this role.

Interview Questions

• I prepared for this interview by looking at the interview questions provided by other glassdoor users. They're exactly the same. Why Macy's? Are you comfortable touching other ppl's faces? Etc..   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Sacramento, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, the process took about 3 days, got an follow up email to set up an interview. Set my interview for the next day. Had to wait about 20 mins before the interviewer saw me. The interview was basic and took about 30 mins. It went really good and she even told me I would be a great fit and I should be hearing back within the next week. The next morning I got an rejection email. I thought it went great, not sure what happened.

Seller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

not very good but the pay more than made up by also being very bad took all my money now broke not very good but the pay more than made up by also being very bad took all my money now broke

Interview Questions

• not very good but the pay more than made up by also being very bad took all my money now broke   1 Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I applied for a visual merchandising position and the next day received an email to schedule an interview. The day before my interview, I received an email that this position has been filled. Usually, a company will interview everyone that is scheduled and decide after.... A week later, this position came up on indeed.com so I reapplied thinking the person didn't work out or they needed another visual merchandiser. Next day, received an email to schedule an interview. When I went in for my interview the guy at the front desk said that this position has already been filled and that "they were suppose to" email people telling them that it has been filled. I explained to him what happened the prior week and he just slightly giggled and said sorry. This was very unprofessional and a waste of time.

Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
Macy's Beauty Advisor Interview My prior experience. If I know Macys store enough If I like people to get good rate sales.Also about the salary and benefits events and week ends able to work.
Macy's Beauty Advisor Interview If I can start inmediately.
Macy's Visual Merchandiser Interview Los Angeles, CA Tell me about a time you had to change direction and start a new project unexpected.
Macy's Counter Manager Interview How do you introduce and sell Macy's credit card to customers?
Macy's Barista - Starbucks Interview Warwick, RI They didn't ask anything!
Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview San Diego, CA Can you describe a time when you had to appeal to a customer?
Macy's Beauty Advisor Interview Atlanta, GA I prepared for this interview by looking at the interview questions provided by other glassdoor users. They're exactly the same. Why Macy's? Are you comfortable touching other ppl's faces? Etc..
Macy's Retail Sales Associate Interview Sacramento, CA Mostly situational, and customer service based.
Macy's Seller Interview New York, NY not very good but the pay more than made up by also being very bad took all my money now broke