Macy's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

5,636 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Riverside, CA).

Interview

The process was rather fast. She asked me why I wanted to work for the company while walking to the interviewing room. She also asked about availability.I felt like the interview process was more of a fast pace. I think she looked at my previous experience and thought I would be a good candidate. I still have to interview with the brand although she gave me to brand options. From there I am supposed to interview with the talent plus?

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you lead a team what did you do what was the outcome?
      How do you feel about touching peoples faces?
      How would you sell me a Macys credit card?
      How would you make customers come back to you?
      How would you sell a specific product to me and have it in my basket to take home?
      1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Grove, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Macy's (Lake Grove, NY).

Interview

The process was quick and easy. We sat in a waiting room then got called in one by one. Questions were asked (both personal and situation Q's) and then we chatted a little.

Asset Protection Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I filled out an application online and was invited to do a phone interview. I scheduled my time for a few days later and prepared for my interview. I really need a job so I was looking forward to this opportunity. 4 MINUTES before my interview I received an email saying the position was filled yesterday. Are you kidding me?? This is ridiculously unprofessional and rude. Someone could have called me, but no. I get a lousy email 4 minutes before my interview. I didn't even see it until I had been waiting to get a call for 15 min. I will never apply to work at Macy's again, they obviously don't understand basic etiquette.

Vendor Interview

Interview

it was a basic interview you come in and they ask you a series of question and you answer them with ease but i will say that after you get the job you sometimes have to go through a lot to start work in that store because HR be doing to much work

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Interview

Arrived early to the hiring center it's for a store that hasn't yet opened so they were interviewing in like a cubical office space. Interview was short asked situational question what was odd was she asked me if I would taking positioning in other areas in the store which I said yes. Then at the end of the interview she said I would be called for a second interview but that there was no more visual positions open. But I don't understand why I would interviewed for a visual position if they were no longer hiring.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to change direction and start a new project unexpected.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I wore black, the color of their uniforms there for the most part, and I made it stylish. A sales manager asked me a series of questions that related to Macy's, selling, and customer service. Then they offered me a job right after and assigned me to an area. What I did find interesting was not being asked what areas I'd be interested in working because there are many clothing sections in the store. I was only asked about cosmetics, but nothing about clothes; however, that may not be common practice. Also, the person who was interviewing me was a manager from another section than the one I was assigned to, but I am glad I got that department in the long run and was happy that's the spot I was chosen for.

Interview Questions

• How would a customer get extra discounts and know about future sales?   1 Answer
    • If a conflict arose with a coworker, how would you approach it?   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Stamford, CT).

Interview

It was a short interview with most questions based on how to respond to customer querry and how to ensure customer gets great shopping experience. The interviewer was very friendly and professional. It was a good experience overall

Interview Questions

• If a customer is looking for an item that the store doesnt have in stock, how would you handle the situation   1 Answer

Counter Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Saw an advertisement for the position and applied online and got an appointment for an interview after 2days.
    I was told that they did not have an opening so go ahead apply for seasonal position..I felt like I wasted my time,gas and efforts for the job which was not even available .. or..maybe they didn't want me!
    Not a good experience at all

Interview Questions

• How do you introduce and sell Macy's credit card to customers?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

It was about 20 minutes. The manager was really friendly and nice. She just asked a few questions and I was hired. She offered me the job on the spot. I had to fill out some paperwork and I began training after a couple of weeks.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

It was a pretty straight forward interview they asked any regular questions that a retail store would ask. Just go in professionally dressed and bring your resume with you just incase they haven't printed out your resume.

Interview Questions

• Have you had prior experience?
      What hours are you available?
      Answer Question