Macy's Beauty Advisor - Part Time Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Macy's

2.5

Beauty Advisor - Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Yonkers, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied on line, received a response within 24 hours that my app was being reviewed, then was invited to schedule my interview online. I arrived for my interview 10 minutes early and had to wait for 30 mins before someone called me to interview. There were several other applicants there but for different positions.

I wasnt offered a job just yet, still awaiting a call back to meet with the Account Manager.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a situation where you worked in a group to reach a common goal, and what was your role in the group?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Beauty Advisor (Part-time) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Denver, CO) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received an invitation for an interview via email. Very easy process. Picked a time online that worked, and came in to interview with HR. He asked very basic questions and it lasted only 15 minutes. He said he liked my experience and would pass my resume on to the cosmetics manager. I was invited back a few days later to interview with her and she said she really liked me and I was what they were looking for because she liked my sales background - even though I had no cosmetics experience. Same type of questions, nothing difficult - standard questions. A week later I was interviewed with the brand manager. This one lasted 2 hours. An hour with him and I got grilled. Then he softened up and started to like me, so I knew it was heading in a good direction. He then brought me down to the counter. I was then interviewed by the counter manager and someone else associated with the brand but I forget what she does. They really liked me and offered me the job right after. I was able to negotiate a better base and I'm satisfied. Base plus 3% commission - and very happy with it. Everyone was super nice. Just be confident and you have to sell yourself. It was harder than I thought to get a beauty advisor job but I like the flexibility of the hours. Weekends are required.

Interview Questions

• All very standard: name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer; how comfortable are you working on a team; are you comfortable working for commission; can you work nights and weekends   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered me a base. I asked for 3 extra dollars per hour. He said he couldn't go that high. I said I would meet them in the middle. I was offered $1.50 extra per hour.