Macy's Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Macy's

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Fairfield, CA).

Interview

I applied online and eventually got an email that took me to a calendar to set up a date and time, and with detailed instructions on how to get to the interview room through the store. I really liked that, I wish more placed did that.

The interviewer wasn't unfriendly or rude, but he also didn't feel very approachable or easy to talk to. It was a pretty clinical and to-the-point interview. I was asked some basic questions. Why did I want to work there, did I have experience, etc. I was asked what I thought about what associates say when they approach me to help. I think I may have bombed it there, because I actually rarely went into Macy's, so I had no idea what to say. My advice would be to actually shop at Macy's before applying, which in retrospect is sort of common sense. Whoops.

Interview Questions

• What do you like or dislike about being approached by associates with an offer to help in Macy's? Are they helpful? What would you change?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Orlando, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

Literally came in so nervous but was interviewed by one of the managers and he read questions off a paper and I just answered them. Pretty basic questions and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to handle a negative customer and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (San Mateo, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed along with one other candidate. The interviewer asked basic questions like what I would do if I were needed by a manager while helping a patient. She also asked about holiday availability. It was a short and professional interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if while you were helping a customer, your manager called you and needed you immediately?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Montebello, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Montebello, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online on the 27th and immediately received an email to confirm an interview. Went to the interview on the 30th and was asked easy situational questions. Hiring managers were friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Daytona Beach, FL).

Interview

I applied online and received a response after a few days to come in for an interview. Interview was standard questions like, what would you do if you saw coworkers stealing and give an example of how you had to work with others and what was the outcome.......

Interview Questions

• Give an example of great customer service   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. At this Macy's they start seasonal employees all out for $8.75 per hour. 👎🏻👎🏻

Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Came in and waited for the interviewer, didn't take too long. Was introduced and went in. Was asked typical questions, interviewer was very nice. Got offered a job and accepted. They set me up with the paperwork and explained what would be happening next. Overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got an email the next morning saying I had been selected for an interview. I chose an interview time that was a few days later and met with the hiring manager. The hiring manager was very friendly and made me feel comfortable during the interview.The interview itself was very generic and easy. I ended up getting a job offer in the manager's department (cosmetics/fragrances). The whole thing lasted less than 20 minutes with the majority of it consisting of the manager telling me what to expect during training and my first day.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   Answer Question
    • Think of a time that you had to sell a product or an idea. Tell about this experience   Answer Question
    • Macy's encourages it's customers to shop in stores and online. Explain how you comfortable you are using various platforms (social media, telephones/tablets, and laptops).   Answer Question
    • Think of a time you say someone doing something questionable/unethical. What did you do in this situation   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Tampa, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

It was very fast. I applied online and received and email asking to schedule an appointment for an interview. The interview was with a manager and after that he gave me a list to take documents the day of the training.

Interview Questions

• 1. Have you had a difficult situation with a customer? Explain what did you do.
      2. If a customer needs shoes, What would you ask to know what he/she needs?
      3. How would you promote our credit card?
      4. How do you deal with customers?   Answer Question

It was for night time and I couldn´t.

Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Hiring process easy. They sent an email saying CHOOSE your availability for the interview. Simple straight to the point. Comprises of two interviews. If you got the second interview you basically got the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer is angry?   1 Answer

Changed my mind.

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Akron, OH) in September 2013.

Interview

I got an e-mail telling me to pick a time on line and submit for the interview. 15 minute meeting with the store manager at the time, we had a general conversation about why I wanted to work there. He told me on the spot that I would get the job.