Macy's Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

1.8

97 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Hiring process easy. They sent an email saying CHOOSE your availability for the interview. Simple straight to the point. Comprises of two interviews. If you got the second interview you basically got the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer is angry?   1 Answer

Changed my mind.

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got an email the next morning saying I had been selected for an interview. I chose an interview time that was a few days later and met with the hiring manager. The hiring manager was very friendly and made me feel comfortable during the interview.The interview itself was very generic and easy. I ended up getting a job offer in the manager's department (cosmetics/fragrances). The whole thing lasted less than 20 minutes with the majority of it consisting of the manager telling me what to expect during training and my first day.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   Answer Question
    • Think of a time that you had to sell a product or an idea. Tell about this experience   Answer Question
    • Macy's encourages it's customers to shop in stores and online. Explain how you comfortable you are using various platforms (social media, telephones/tablets, and laptops).   Answer Question
    • Think of a time you say someone doing something questionable/unethical. What did you do in this situation   1 Answer

Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Came in and waited for the interviewer, didn't take too long. Was introduced and went in. Was asked typical questions, interviewer was very nice. Got offered a job and accepted. They set me up with the paperwork and explained what would be happening next. Overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Miami, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

My first interview was with a floor manager at the downtown Miami Macy's. I was applying for "a" seasonal position. The questions were probative to the point where I piqued her interest to the point where my second interview with the store manager and got an offer for a Seasonal Star Associate position

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had a customer service problem, and how did you solve it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Daytona Beach, FL).

Interview

I applied online and received a response after a few days to come in for an interview. Interview was standard questions like, what would you do if you saw coworkers stealing and give an example of how you had to work with others and what was the outcome.......

Interview Questions

• Give an example of great customer service   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. At this Macy's they start seasonal employees all out for $8.75 per hour. 👎🏻👎🏻

Anonymous Employee in Montebello, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Montebello, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online on the 27th and immediately received an email to confirm an interview. Went to the interview on the 30th and was asked easy situational questions. Hiring managers were friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Tampa, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

It was very fast. I applied online and received and email asking to schedule an appointment for an interview. The interview was with a manager and after that he gave me a list to take documents the day of the training.

Interview Questions

• 1. Have you had a difficult situation with a customer? Explain what did you do.
      2. If a customer needs shoes, What would you ask to know what he/she needs?
      3. How would you promote our credit card?
      4. How do you deal with customers?   Answer Question

It was for night time and I couldn´t.

Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I arrived 15 minutes early and waited in the hr department for the interview. the hiring manger was 15 minutes late. I was then taken to an office. I was the only person being interview. the interview was short. no need to bring your resume they don't even ask to see it.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me how you would go about selling a Macy's Credit Card.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Towson, MD).

Interview

Not too hard applied online and scheduled an interview 4 days later, General interview questions about 5-6. Previous job experience really helped me to form examples for the questions that were asked. Everyone was extremely nice!

Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The woman interviewing me was very nice. The overall experiecne was very positive. I would recommend macy's and this location to friends/family. I wasn't very nervous, but she was very calm and there was even some laughs shared.