Macy's Men's Shoe Sale Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Macy's

1.7

Sales Associate - Men's Shoes Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Kennesaw, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

One on one interview with a manager. I was told about the commission part of the position. The explanation regarding that issue was poor. I was hired immediately. This is a high turnover job because its retail so if you're given an interview, it's almost certain you'll be hired.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Sales Associate - Men's Shoes Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

Interview was straight forward 1 on 1. They ask typical interview question such as what experience do you have in retail and a bunch of customer service question. Like how would you handle a customer complaint, etc.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work with others?   1 Answer

Men's Shoe Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

I applied online to the Men's Shoe Sales Position on the 22nd of April. I received an email to confirm and pick a day to schedule the interview a couple of days later. Then 4 days after that, was the interview. I entered the Macy's and went to the 8th Floor, and was given directions to go to the HR room/department. I was greeted by a security guard, and had to sign my name on a slip and give them my ID, then I was given a visitor's pass, and was told to speak to a woman behind the desk, whom, I am assuming was the receptionist. I then gave her my visitor's pass, and was told to have a seat.

There were a bunch of chairs, kind of like when you go to the emergency room in a hospital. Three other applicants were there, and one was in the process of being interviewed. I would say each person was interviewed for 15-20 minutes. I was able to hear the questions being asked because the door was open. Basic questions like, what makes you better than any applicant here?, or Why should I hire you? Things of that nature.

We all were interviewed by the hiring manager, and was asked the same questions as the other applicants, I was told because I did not have any commission experience, that she did not want to put me straight into it. She told me that she was going to refer me to another department, to get interviewed by the department's manager, to see if there was a fit. I waited 30-45 minutes for the manager to come.

When the manager arrived, I was taken into the same room where the hiring manager was still holding interviews (as the room was nothing but little wooden tables/desk, which had two seats, there were about nine) and I was interviewed. Again I was asked about my experience, and my schedule, and I would say it went pretty well, and was told that they usually hire part time, and then when full time positions open, the part timers get more hours if desired. I explained that I did not want two part time jobs, so she then told me she would see if there were any full time positions, and headed out to the reception area/room.

She didn't come back, but the hiring manager did, and said come with me, and took be back to another office, and told me that the manager wanted to offer me the position, full time, for 8 an hour. Now 8 is not that great, I was not offered negotiation, I wish I had pushed for it. Alas, I accepted the position.

I start training next week, two days for 9 hours, and orientation another day.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you over any other applicant here?   1 Answer
    • How long do you see yourself working for Macy's?   1 Answer
    • Explain to me a time where you had to do something out of the ordinary that ended with good results?   4 Answers

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.