Macy's Merchandising/Stock Associate (Seasonal) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Merchandising/Stock Associate (Seasonal)

Macy's Merchandising/Stock Associate (Seasonal) Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

2.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Merchandising/Stock Associate (Seasonal) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online about 2 weeks ago, and few days after I applied I was emailed to schedule my appointment, but unfortunate for me the earliest I could get was about a week and a half later. Anyway I did my research, I personally decided to wear all black( slacks, black button up, and the darkest shade of brown boots).

I arrived about 15min early, greeted everyone in sight and sat down waiting. Fast forward to the actual interview, my interview was quite pleasant. The department manager was very understanding that this would be my very first official job(even though i've done tons of voluntary work over the past several years). He also explained to me there were 3 type of positions involved in this particular department, which were merchandising/stocking(replenishment), processing( loading and unloading trucks), and pricing(price tagging,etc). I made it clear to him I was interested in the merchandising/stocking position, after a few more questions and scenarios, he said he would like to hire me. I start orientation/training next monday, I'll be more than happy to provide that experience as well if this review is received well.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me a time where you had to switch tasks in a quick manner.   2 Answers
  • If you saw an employee doing something wrong, what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

After our conversation, and his series of questions, he offered me the job. He was very considerate into making sure i was interested in the position, and I happily accepted. Also he mentioned that there will be paid training, but minimum wage(in Chicago, thats $8.25), and after training I would be making $8.50 an hour.