Macy's Part Time Retail Support Associate, Flex Team Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Part Time Retail Support Associate, Flex Team Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Part Time Retail Support Associate, Flex Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Nashville, TN) in May 2012.

Interview

Like pretty much everyone else, I applied online, received an email inviting me to schedule an interview time, and did so. I came in today and everyone seemed pretty busy and flustered, but ultimately nice. The secretary was actually expecting me, and knew my name. I waited about five minutes for a support manager to come and take me to her office for the interview. It was all behavioral, "tell me about a time when.." type questions. I don't think she had much experience interviewing; she read off the page in a very robotic tone, sometimes tripping over the words.

She then told me about the position, and said they only hire on-call for the support positions, and there are hardly any hours in June and July. She said, for example, this week none of her on-call people got any hours. So I declined the job, but she mentioned that the application is valid for a year, and if I saw a position open at another store, I could call them and ask them to pass along my info. She said I probably won't even have to interview again, and certainly not if I come back to that particular store in August, when they're a bit busier.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a team member wasn't participating or doing their share. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
  • Why Macy's?   Answer Question