Macy's Retail Sales Associate- Seasonal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Retail Sales Associate- Seasonal Interview Questions

2.0

Seasonal Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Miami, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

It was pretty easy a lot of laughter ,talk a lot. I applied online and 2 or 3 days after I got an email telling me that I should schedule an interview I chose to schedule the interview the following day as early I could get there because I needed a job am a high school senior and I got hired on the spot just be honest , good to have prior experience which I did will be started next week .

Interview Questions

• One about integrity , why Macy's? And am I tech savvy etc   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Retail Sales Associate (Seasonal) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Tucson, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

I waited in a room with 6 other people. People were getting called in for individual interviews. The interviewers were running behind. I had to wait a little over half an hour before getting called. The interview only lasted about 10 minutes. She only asked about half a dozen questions. After, she said I would get an email telling me whether or not I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Macy's?   Answer Question
    • How would you try to sell someone something (anything)?   Answer Question
    • If we don't carry something the customer came in for, how would you sell them something else?   Answer Question
    • Integrity is very important to Macy's. If you saw a customer, coworker, etc. doing something wrong (i.e. stealing), how would you handle it?   1 Answer
    • Schedules vary based on customer needs. What is your availability like?   Answer Question

Seasonal Retail Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

You have to apply for the position online. If accepted, you will receive an email with instruction on how to schedule an interview. At the interview, you will be taken into a generic room where the interviewer will ask some pretty basic retail sales related questions - how would you handle rude customers, give an example of a difficult situation, etc.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle co-worker theft?   1 Answer

Seasonal Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Waterbury, CT) in November 2013.

Interview

I found the job on indeed.com, and I applied through the website. I received a phone call to set up a time for the interview.The interview process went smoothly it was a real simple and quick process for me. I interviewed with two managers they were both very nice and down to earth.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you provided excellent customer service in your last job.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate- Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Lakeland, FL) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied online. I recieved an email stating that I needed to pick an interview time 2 weeks from then. I went to the interview and spoke with a retail manager. I was offered job on the spot after I talked about making a outfit for a customer. I filled out some paperwork and was given an orientation date. At orientation, I was walking through the internal Macy's website insite and went threw 6 hours of training ( 75% cash register)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, but no. They were only going to pay seasonal position $7.50 an hour, no commision.