Macy's Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Macy's

2.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

I originally applied for a position but it was fulfilled. I got a call back and asked me questions prior to work experience. They called me in 2 weeks and offered me a better position and got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Sioux Falls, SD) in September 2017.

Interview

Not stressful. Needed to dress business casual. It is a good idea to bring a copy of your resume with you in case they don't have it with them easily available.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw somebody stealing something in the store?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's in April 2018.

Interview

It was over the phone, with only an email notifying me saying they would call me sometime in the next few days. Be prepared for a lot of provide example questions.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of when you had a coworker break the rules? How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Very easy process for an entry level job. Just look at this site and you will pretty much find all of the question they will ask you in the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Arcadia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Arcadia, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

It was brief...they didn't tell me that the position I had applied for was already filled until halfway through the interview. Unorganized and a tad unprofessional. It was messy, regardless of if it's the holiday seasonal hiring, they should have been more prepared. I ended up being offered a different position then what I had applied for. They began the interview later than the appointment time (I was prompt).

Interview Questions

• "We're so sorry but the position you applied for has been filled. Will you be able to accept this position instead?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

It went great I got the job. I was Relaxed, on time and had prepared myself that night for interview so I was prepared on what questions was going to be asked.

Interview Questions

• Why would I like to work for this company? When I look at the television Macy's comes on it just lights of my day. Saying to my self' I wish that I was still at Macy's. I liked the hours, and the store stayed busy. Customers was happy, and employees was happy to see smiling, face and no sad faces.Working for the Company was a great success so much to learned, and as a fast learner as myself I could do it all over again.   1 Answer
    • When hired can you show proof of working in United States? I have listed below all the proof that I had to show to the person at that time who interviewed me at that time and it was a great success that I had all the information that they needed.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Everett, WA).

Interview

It was very brief. they had an assistant manager basically ask me a series of questions and what i would do, very nice environment, Private and the employees there were really friendly and helpful

Interview Questions

• they asked me a lot of series of questions but one that stuck out to me was integrity .   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Daly City, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

The interview process was simple and straightforward. As my first job, I was a little nervous however the interviewers were professional and comfortable to talk to. They pretty much asked the typical questions any job would ask you, such as situational scenarios and whether or not you work well in teams.

Interview Questions

• If you witnessed a co-worker stealing/damaging company property, would you confront them first or tell your supervisor?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saugus, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Saugus, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Very easy process I interviewed right on time The interview was very casual and went smoothly The questions were all general questions that all employees ask so no surprises

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Auburn, MA).

Interview

Applied and was emailed an interview opportunity the next day. Process was rather quick and easy. Interview only lasted 10 min and was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Discribe a time where you disagreed with a coworker or peer. How did you handle the situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle stressful situations? Provide an example   Answer Question