Macy's Sales Associate/Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate-Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

They send you an email asking you to come in for a face to face interview within two week. You choose whenever's most convenient for you but I would recommend going at the earliest date possible, because if they have more than a few positions, good ones get filled up first. The interview process was relaxed in my case but it really depends on the manager interviewing you. Depending on the position you applied for you could be at work in less than 3 weeks. But it can also take longer than a month.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to use your customer service skills and knoledge to resolve it.   Answer Question
  • Sell me something you are wearing   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Questions directly from a sheet, do not be surprised if what you applied for is completely different from what you are interviewing for. I originally applied for Women's shoes, interviewed with the home goods manager and was hired as a specialist after the second interview.I received an email with a link that listed available time slots 2days after I applied online. The interview process is simple and not too thorough

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you worked in a team?/What was your role   Answer Question
    • A time a team member wasn't doing what they were supposed to?   Answer Question

Sales Associate - Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Birmingham, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

It was easy going straight to the point they were very detailed about the job description they tell you about the different positions and what they expect from you and about attendance the point system

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about customer service   1 Answer

Sales Associate - Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

Interviewed for seasonal position. Hired on the spot. The culture of Macy's is every customer should leave happier than when they came in. The Interview was fairly easy. I was fresh out of college. They asked basic questions pertaining to customer service and selling abilities. Google retail interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness.   1 Answer

Negotiation

At the time I needed a job desperately so I did not even think to negotiate since what I was offered was more than I previously made. Now I wish I would have tried as I have a Bachelor's degree in Fashion Design and Marketing and don't even get $10/hr

Sales Associate Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

In order to get hire at macys you must apply online, they will call you and set up an interview. when you get there you waiting time is about a hour. The manger that wants you on there floor will be the one thats interviewing you. The will ask with basic questions about customer service and fashion. You must be friendly, a people person. Aslo its important to know how to sell.
    Interview questions are:
    How would you sell the macy card?
    What would you do if a customer was angry?
    What would you match these jeans with?
    If you had a favorite product in macy, how would you sell them to me?
    In what would you say to cross sell and up sell?

Overall review
    The culture enviroment is friendly, but they are alot of unanswered question by empoyees about benefits and promotions. There is alot of crazy work hours.Overall Macys is a great company and well respected and its a boost to the fashion industry.

Interview Questions

• There isnt really any real difficult question they are very straight forward.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

I knew the manager, so it was easy for me. just had to do a brief interview with HR.
    why do you want to work for macys?
    what experience do you have?
    what do you like about macys?

Sales Associate/Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's in October 2007.

Interview

I brought in a resume and as I turned it into HR they told me to wait and rang for the Cosmetics manager. I guess they had needed someone asap. She took me into her office and looked over my resume. She asked question about my make up artist license, like how long I have had it and who I have worked with before. It was most laid back interview I have ever done.