Macy's Sales Associate In Macy's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Sales Associate In Macy's Interview Questions

2.1

Sales Associate In Macys Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

Very friendly interviewer. She was impressed by me more than the previous applicant because I stood up to shake her hand, i didn't say umm, i had a quick response to her questions and i was naturally friendly and we made small talk. These are all things she told me. She took me under her wing she was so excited to hire me!

Interview Questions

• She asked about my skills and why I wanted to work at Macy's   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Glendale, CA).

Interview

Applied online and received an email two days later. I scheduled an interview and arrived 30 minutes early. Was called in after a person was done with her interview. Do note that there were different supervisors interviewing people. Pretty much questions about myself and questions about being in situations and how would you handle them. It has been a week and I haven't heard back from them, but still hopeful. My advice is to be confident and be sure of your answers. Speak clearly and don't mumble your words. Overall it was a good experience as it was my first job interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself

What do you bring to retail?

Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a worker/partner. How did you handle it?

Tell me about a time you had to be quick on your feet?

Tell me a time you gave great customer service?

Tell me a time you had to work with others. How did you communicate with them?
      Answer Question

Sales Associate In Macy's Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's in March 2015.

Interview

Quick and easy, the staff was friendly. The person whom i was going to work with was very friendly since day one. Despite the fact that this my first real job interview the questions were fun and easy to answer

Sales Associate In Macy's Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The Group interview was brief with interestingly selected questions that were open ended. There were at least 20 in the group, so we had to answer quickly. I was surprised at how brief it was happy when they did call me to confirm that I was hired.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult problem to solve in sales?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Port Richey, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Port Richey, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online, received an email to schedule an interview day and time that was convenient for me. When I got there 15 minutes early, the interviewer thanked me and told me how grateful she was that I got there early considering she had 10 interviews back to back that day. We started out with her telling me about the job and what my responsibilities would be. She was so nice and personable. She asked me a lot of questions, I answered them and she hired me on the spot. Including signing the papers for employment, the interview took all of 6 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you used integrity in a previous job.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time in a previous job when you had to work in a team, what was your role, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time in a previous job when you were extremely busy, how you handled it, what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating. I was not asked what I wanted to be paid, instead I was told what I would be paid.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

it was 1 to one base interview which was about 20 minutes. before my interview i had checked websites on how to prepare my self. no wonder they are exactly same questions. but my answers are based on my own point of view. it was fun. as per my understand all they need to see how interested and passionate you are about any job. what you can offer to the business. how you pull yourself to the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Lawrenceville, NJ) in June 2014.

Interview

Had to go thru a three interview process. All of them were positive. I was asked questions regarding problem solving skills and what would i do or handle different situations. They asked me to tell stories about my past job experiences. Overall i could say it was not a bad experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a situation where you had to work in teams?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Fort Myers, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

Pass the fifth grade and your in, retail is detail and customer serivice is peak. Customers are sometimes crazy and rude but quiet down when you give them what they want and leave happily after their coupon is applied which macys has an superfluous amount. Open credits are a bonus and sales day are hectic.

Sales Associate In Macy's Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's in October 2013.

Interview

Applications begins online. After you fill out you basic information about previous work experiences, education..etc.. You will then be directed to take an assessment. If you get through the tedious assessment online you will shortly after receive an email with a link to schedule an interview over the internet. Once you do this, you will sit down with a sales manager or sales supervisor of the store you will be working in. The interview will take about a half hour and you will be asked many competency questions about how you will deal with certain situations while interacting with customers. Once the interview is completed you will know whether or not you are hired.

Interview Questions

• Describe a step by step sales process you would use to sell Macy's credit cards?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary will be negotiable over time but take it up with you HR rep when he is around, not your manager. Plead your case.

Anonymous Employee in La Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Macy's (La Mesa, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I had 1 interview and was hired on spot. Started seasonal and kept on as regular/flexible. It was pretty simple and fast interview. Their EIC Jennifer did my interview, she happens to now be one of my favorite managers there. She was very nice and professional. Also, Andy is my favorite manager there, if you get an interview hope for one of them.