Macy's Sales Associate In Macy's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Sales Associate In Macy's Interview Questions

Interviews at Macy's

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

simple and informative. they gave me a step by step guide. on how to not only conduct as well as how to approach work and remain safe and policies. the process was respected and informative. the staff were precise and polite. i feel that i can always return to Macy's for work as an associate welcomed.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at Macy's   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Concord, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

The interview is one on one and very friendly. The interviewer asked of what types of fragrances you prefer to use and are you interesting in working in the fragrance department? Can you work in the ready to wear departments? Are you flexible with long working hours? You know the result right after the interview. The interviewer will go over with you the pay rate and you will get your information folder which tell you of where you will be reported to.

Interview Questions

• If you see your coworker do something wrong which against the store guidelines what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (San Jose, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview at Macy's was your standard, entry-level position interview. I started by applying online, got an interview through a phone call, set up an interview date, went in and they offered me the position after. After the interview, i was required to train through various computer modules.

Sales Associate In Macy's Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's in March 2015.

Interview

Quick and easy, the staff was friendly. The person whom i was going to work with was very friendly since day one. Despite the fact that this my first real job interview the questions were fun and easy to answer

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Lawrenceville, NJ) in June 2014.

Interview

Had to go thru a three interview process. All of them were positive. I was asked questions regarding problem solving skills and what would i do or handle different situations. They asked me to tell stories about my past job experiences. Overall i could say it was not a bad experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a situation where you had to work in teams?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (San Jose, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Group interview, there was about 8 of us. We all watched a video and just talked for a bit about ourselves. It took roughly 45 mins and after that they told us their offer of 9.50$/ hour

Interview Questions

• If you saw one of your employees stealing what do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

it was 1 to one base interview which was about 20 minutes. before my interview i had checked websites on how to prepare my self. no wonder they are exactly same questions. but my answers are based on my own point of view. it was fun. as per my understand all they need to see how interested and passionate you are about any job. what you can offer to the business. how you pull yourself to the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

The hiring process was very quick. I applied online. I was invited to interview online about one week to two weeks later. I made one job interview appointment. I attended the interview. I was interviewed by one person (the manager of the department). After the interview, I was hired that day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Macys?   Answer Question
    • What is your idea of excellent customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Glendale, CA).

Interview

Applied online and received an email two days later. I scheduled an interview and arrived 30 minutes early. Was called in after a person was done with her interview. Do note that there were different supervisors interviewing people. Pretty much questions about myself and questions about being in situations and how would you handle them. It has been a week and I haven't heard back from them, but still hopeful. My advice is to be confident and be sure of your answers. Speak clearly and don't mumble your words. Overall it was a good experience as it was my first job interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself

What do you bring to retail?

Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a worker/partner. How did you handle it?

Tell me about a time you had to be quick on your feet?

Tell me a time you gave great customer service?

Tell me a time you had to work with others. How did you communicate with them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Fort Myers, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

Pass the fifth grade and your in, retail is detail and customer serivice is peak. Customers are sometimes crazy and rude but quiet down when you give them what they want and leave happily after their coupon is applied which macys has an superfluous amount. Open credits are a bonus and sales day are hectic.