Macy's Seasonal Cosmetics Sales Associate - Beauty Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Seasonal Cosmetics Sales Associate - Beauty Advisor Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Seasonal Cosmetics Sales Associate - Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (San Diego, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

I found an open postion posting on their website and applied online. I received an email within 30 min inviting me to schedule an interview through their online system. I had my interview the very next day at the store.

The Cosmetics department manager wasn't there that day, so I was interviewed by another manager. He was nice, and the interview went well. He told me that I "passed" and that he would recommend me to the Cosmetics manager.
He then explained me that the Cosmetics department has a 5-step hiring process, including several interviews, personnality tests, and interview with the vendor (i.e. Chanel, Benefit, or whatever brand you're gonna sell).

The next day, I received a generic email saying that they didn't have a job for me. I don't really know what happened, since the interview went very well. I wish I could have been interviewed by the person who made this decision instead.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work in a team to achieve goals.   Answer Question
  • How do you feel about applying products to customer's hands or face?   2 Answers