Macy's Stock Processing and Placement Associate/Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Stock Processing and Placement Associate/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

I applied for the job on the macys website and a day later received an email offering an interview. I just had to click on a link that led me to a variety of dates and times as to when I was available. I chose 12:15pm.
Macys then sent me a reminder via email of the date and time of my interview as well as very detailed instructions (and to some length confusing)
I arrived for my interview at least 10 minutes early and but I wasn't interviewed until an hour later because there was only one person doing the interviews and apparently everyone else (according to what I heard) was out to lunch. It was generally very disorganized. There was someone who had been around since 10:30am and was called in 2hrs later. The 1:15 appointment arrived a few minutes before I was called in. But once my name was called, everything (at least in my mind) went much better
---It eases any fears if you have prepared for the interview. I hadn't prepared specifically for this one, but I had prepared for an interview I had done a few days before and I was still at the top of my interview skill.
Plus the lady who interviewed me was just reading questions off the paper and writing something down. She didn't really look at me much-but it pays to dress well. I went in for a lower paying job but she offered me a better (a little) higher paying job :)

Interview Questions

• Why Macys?   1 Answer
  • What do you think about teamwork?   1 Answer
  • If you saw a colleague breaking a company policy, what would you do?   1 Answer
  • How flexible are you about working at other departments?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation but the interviewer said that I could earn money(sort of like doing small bonuses) by doing several things around the store...ie credit cards etc