Macy's COSMETICS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 13, 2017

2.4

Impulse Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Allentown, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interviewing process was fairly easy. I had a positive experience as the Beauty Sales Manager and I were both from NYC. The questions were not hard if you have experience in sales and/or beauty. Knowledge of beauty products is not a requirement. However, the sales aspect is something that is important to land this position. Still waiting back from them :)

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you worked with a team, reached a goal, and contributed to that success.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Applied on line. Got an email to set up interview. Went to interview and got hired on the spot. Started two weeks later. Love my great job. yeah, yeah, heah

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

The HR was very nice and asked me to sit outside for waiting, and it took 30 mins.Even though I did not get the offer at last, it was a really experience for me.

Cosmetic Sales Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Thousand Oaks, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was pleasant, it is a very standard interview where it would be in your favor to go over your "go-to" stories the night before. They are looking for well thought out responses that have to do with your previous experience.

Interview Questions

• We value honesty in our company can you describe a time you had to deal with someone being dishonest and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Seasonal Fragrance and Cosmetics Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I applied online, then I got an email requesting me some info for an interview. I went for it and the interviewer was very friendly, it took only like 15 min and all went so good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty quick. Got an email right after I applied, to schedule a one-on-one interview. I was surprised I got called for a second interview, since I don't have retail experience. But didn't do so great on my second interview. I knew then that I wasn't getting hired.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a problem with a coworker how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Retail Cosmetics Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Las Vegas, NV) in December 2016.

Interview

I got a invite for an interview the day after applying for the job. All questions were based on what the interviewer had on a paper. Simple but really fast. Interview lasted about less than 5 mins tops.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about signing a customer up for a Macy's Credit Card   Answer Question

Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Albuquerque, NM) in December 2016.

Interview

Came in for an interview, but the person who was initially supposed to interview me was late, so the HR manager for the store took me back to conduct the interview. The first thing she told me was that they had already put an offer in to someone else for the position I was interviewing for (which meant my being there was an entire waste of time). I went through the process anyway, and she told me she would call me back that afternoon to let me know if there were any other positions available that suit my skill set.

At the end of the day, I was emailed and told that my availability schedule didn't match what they were looking for (even though I posted full availability, including overtime).

I ended up getting a recruitment email by the regional manager for Esteé Lauder, asking if i would be interested in meeting with Macy's for the same job that I had just applied for, that was apparently already closed for over a month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Waited 30 minutes just to be seen. The person who interviewed me was very unprepared, and the questions asked were very simple. I never heard anything back because the location closed down a few months later

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The interviewer was very personable. She made the process very comfortable. First she asked about my experience in customer service then she asked only a few simple questions but she didnt ask any questions related to the specific job title. The interviewing process was very laid back.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went out of your way for a customer   1 Answer
    • Are you open to working holidays and overtime   Answer Question