Macy's Commission Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

2.2

Retail Commission Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Macy's (Brooklyn, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

It was really easy, they asked why Macy's, asked if I was familiar with the home and bedding department, my availability and how soon can I start. The woman was nice, its good to come dressed as if you got the job, me doing that got me on payroll that same day

Interview Questions

• What experience can I bring to the company?   1 Answer

Fine Jewelry Commission Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Glendale, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Today I got interview at Macy's Glendale Galleria and my overall experience was good. Waiting for an update from the management. The interview process took about an hour and think I got the offer. Too bad they offered part time but I'd applied for full time.

Interview Questions

• Do you have cosmetics sales experience?   1 Answer

Retail Commission Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Fayetteville, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

It's so fast, after applying position, they sent schedule interview date. I chose next week first date. When i went there there are a lot of waiting documant about next intervieweer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Aventura, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

i got an email a few days after asking me to go online and pick a day for the interview. The next available date was about two weeks later. the interview was at 2. I arrived at the office around 1:30 and signed in and gave the paper to the secretary. After about an hour she notified me that the interview was at the other macys building. So i ended up almost two hours late.

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Bethesda, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was okay for me but it was one of the harder interviews I had, but they ask typical interview questions so be prepared, such as "name a time where you had a challenge and how did you overcome it?" Before I entered the interview, I looked up Macy's interview questions so that should help. Also, since I was home for the summer from college, I was told that they normally do not hire seasonal employees but I was an exception because I have a lot of potential. I went through 2 interviews and the second one is easier and you're told about the position and if it goes well, then you are told that you get the job.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge you had and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer
    • If you had to sell a Macy's credit card service, how would you do it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I arrived 15 minutes early and sat in the lobby for close to an hour. I was pretty upset, but tried to keep myself relaxed. Eventually the manager came and took me to the back and began asking a few questions. However, she eventually told me she was not the right manager and thought I was there for a cosmetics position. She continued with the interview and then asked me about my availability before leaving. The actual manager came up with follow up questions and then offered me a position right then and there. She was very friendly and I really enjoyed the interview because of her as she explained everything very well.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I've interviewed and worked in countless Macy's. I've come across the worst managers to the rare and few gems.

The interviews are easy. They ask about your past job experiences in customer service, "tell me about a time you had a difficult customer, how did you handle it?" They're scenario questions mostly, and of course just one asking about yourself. Depending on the manager of course, there are some that don't go off the printed questions and just want to get to know you.

You can tell right away if they'll hire you. If the manager seems bored and passionless, they probably hired someone else already. If they tell you they'll call you or send you an email the next day, it means they didn't hire you. They will usually hire on the spot if they do want you. You just need to be friendly, positive, and outgoing. Also, don't be afraid to ask for higher pay, especially if you have over a year of experience. Trust me, do not accept the job if they offer minimum wage. You can apply to other positions or wait for a new openings. People quit often mostly due to team and manager incompetence. There's plenty of other coworkers who have no experience who are getting payed more. You basically are doing the same or even more work if you're an above average employee for the same or less pay.

If you do get hired, and notice your manager sucks, you do have the option of asking for another manager. You don't have to continue working under an incompetent manager, just speak to AST or HR. I learned this the hard way and don't want others to go through the same unfulfilling job in a team where everyone is out for themselves.

If the manager leaves the room after interviewing you and comes back with a different pack of paper, you got the job. If you impress your managers once you're in, it's easy to get promoted. All you have to be really is an above average or really good person/employee. They notice this since they see people quitting all the time for the silliest reasons.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a fairly simple hiring process, I applied online and then i got and email the very next day to set up an appointment for my interview. They ask for your experience in retail and how you will handle a difficult and complicated problem. I was asked about my availability. Ask questions and express yourself fluently. Dress the part.

Anonymous Employee in Braintree, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Braintree, MA).

Interview

If you have a pulse...you're in. I forget exactly how the interview went, it was a few years ago, but I do know that it was the easiest interview I had ever been involved in. I truly do think that they hire just about anyone that walks in the door.

Interview Questions

Interview

Fairly simple process, they just ask you your experience in retail and how you will handle customers. Just be honest and truthful, it is a very simple interview but of course express you excitement to work there.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is one of the best thing to do with a customer?   Answer Question