Macy's Fitting Room Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 15, 2017

2.4

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was kind and easy to relate to. I was able to easily speak to the interviewer and honestly believe that I have a chance at getting the job. I applied only a few days ago and have not heard anything yet and am still waiting :-)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

i walked in and i told them i had an interview. they didn't even know, which was sorta a turn off because if you want to hire people for certain positions, you should stay up to date on interviews. but anyway, after waiting 25 minutes for them to get a manager to interview me, the store manager finally came. the interview had to be about 10 to 15 minutes. she asked me 3 questions about past experiences in certain situations, asked about availability and why i want to work at macys. she said she would get back to me thru email if they want to offer a position

Interview Questions

• What is your availability? Name a time where you had to take control of something all of the sudden? Tell me about your past work experiences?   Answer Question

Retail Fitting Room Associate, Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Sacramento, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an email the day after that I have been picked for an interview. There was a link in the email that would instruct you to choose a day for your interview.
    At the day of the interview, I went to the store and I had to wait for like half an hour until the manager came. She read the questions of a paper and filled them up. I did not have that much experience so I think that is why I was rejected.

Seasonal Retail Fitting Room Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied in late October, got an email three days later offering me a phone interview. I had the option of calling them first or wait until they contacted me. The interviewer told me in advance it was going to take about ten minutes (which it did), so it doesn't take much time. Simple questions, not too hard, the interviewer was also nice. They sent me an email, about three weeks later, saying I hadn't got the job. I'm convinced the reason why I wasn't offered another interview was due to my availability. Being a full time college student can interfere with time, especially since the position I applied for was seasonal.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were a leader and came across some difficulties.
      Tell me about a time you saw someone doing something bad. What did you do?
      Why do want to work at Macy's?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied online. Got a link for an interview in about less than 30 minutes. The interview, for me, was pretty quick. Even though I was declined the job, the lady interviewing was pretty nice.

Fitting Room Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

My interview was very short. Didn't last probably 15 minutes. Some of the questions she would nod agree with my answer. Although I felt I wasn't given a good interview.

Anonymous Employee in Kahului, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Kahului, HI) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got invited for an interview via email the next day. The interview was easier than I anticipated, was about 45 minutes to an hour long, and the questions mainly revolved around past experiences. You usually get an email about if you’ve been offered said position or if they chose to hire someone else. Thankfully, I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? Weaknesses?
      Describe a time where you gave excellent customer service and how did you benefit from it?   Answer Question

Seasonal Retail Fitting Room Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

First I scheduled my interview online after the initial application process. Then I received an email conformation the day before my interview directing me where to go for my interview. On the day of, after I found the office I told a man at the desk I was there for my interview appointment at 3:15. I got there around 3. I waiting till around 3:300 to be interviewed since all the manger were in a meeting. The interview itself was pretty simple. It was relaxing with most of the questions that I read on her. At the end I did not get the position I applied for but was offered a different position. I declined because the work was a lot more heavier since it was in the recovery on the dock unloading the merchandise. But the interview itself was a great experience!!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Macy's?   1 Answer
    • How would you get someone to apply to a Macy's card?   1 Answer
    • We here at Macy's value integrity. Explain a situation where you had to demonstrate this.   1 Answer
    • How would you expand on a customers purchase on a pair or pants.? And how would you celebrate their purchase?   1 Answer

The work they were offering me was heavy work and I couldn't do it because of a back condition that I had from a car accident I recently got into.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

Was very fast and easy. Got called three days after applying online. Went for the interview, got hired immediately and started training that same week. Training consisted of a group of us in a room with computers and cash registers. Showing us how to work the registers and how to handle different situations that may arise in a workplace. I started working a week after.

Interview Questions

• How to handle an upset customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (San Diego, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

I applied online and was given a time to come in for the interview. The interview process itself was pretty fast although the wait time was pretty long. Probably about 30 min. I was interviewed one on one by the interviewer but was in a room where other interviews were taking place. It was hard to concentrate on the questions and my answers when I was hearing 5 other people being interviewed at the same time. The interviewer didn't really seem to care about getting to know me but wanted to get the interview over and done with.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the products here at Macy's that you have some knowledge about?   Answer Question