Macy's Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 24, 2017

2.9

103 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Store Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The interview process was a two-part interview. The first was a behavioral interview going through my resume and a few other basic questions. The second part was a practical example with store management where you had to pick a store to help and justify why.

Store Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Macy's in January 2017.

Interview

I applied in October and was contacted regarding a "chat" in January. It took place over the phone. I found it to be pretty typical, just generally getting to know you questions. The HR rep told me more about the position during this time as well, which was helpful. I learned that this position would not be a good fit for me because it just seemed like shadowing in the store rather than actually having responsibility.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email a few days later asking to do a pre-screening phone call. The recruiter was really friendly. Once I passed the pre-screening I had one interview over the phone and was offered a second interview and was told it would be in person. It ended up being over the phone as well

Interview Questions

• why macys?
      tell me what you know about the company?
      Tell me about a time when...?
      How would you deal with...?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Received an offer letter. At-Will employment so was unable to negotiate but the offer was more than expected.

Restaurant Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Supposed to be phone, interviewer missed 3 scheduled times. made schedule difficult only accepting times before 7am and did not call. eventually i gave up, maybe that was her purpose.

Store Management Executive Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Eugene, OR) in November 2016.

Interview

30 minutes behavioral, then 30 minutes sales related scenario questions. Then there was a second round which I think would have lasted a whole day but I didn't move on to that round.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you faced a challenge and what steps you took to overcome it.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Columbia, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

2-part interview
    Part 1- Situational questions with different scenarios (about 6 different situations and how you as a manager would handle them)
    Part 2- Evaluation of your skills through questions (how have you exemplified leadership in a situation, etc.)

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an older employee of Macy's who does not want to change to the new technology being used in the stores?   Answer Question

Store Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macy's (Tallahassee, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a three part interview process. The first was a mandatory information session where we got to meet the interviewers and listen to their experiences with the company. The second part included your standard, run-of-the-mill interview questions. The final part was a "behavioral" interview where I had to respond to certain, hypothetical situations.

Interview Questions

• Situation: You have an employee who has been with the company for 20 years. They give a lot of push back when new policies and technology are introduced and constantly compare the changes to how things were when they first started. As a manager, it is your responsibility to ensure all associates are following company policy and utilizing all required technology. How would you encourage this employee to get more comfortable using new things that are introduce to the company?   Answer Question

Store Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's in May 2016.

Interview

Interview process was simple and conducted at my university. Just had one interview and was offered the job, everyone was very pleasant. I got a call a week after my interview with an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (Broomfield, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

After the initial call from a representative, I was set up with an orientation/online group interview with the recruiter where we learned more about the company and was able to ask questions. After the orientation/online group interview, I received a one on one interview with that same recruiter. Once that was complete and I moved onto the next stage, I interviewed with the regional manager who would be the deciding factor to whether or not I received the internship. The next day after the interview with the regional manager, the recruiter called back and gave me an offer. I had 14 days to accept or decline the offer.

Interview Questions

• What is it about Macy's that makes you want to work here?   1 Answer

I declined due to another internship offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Met at campus career fair. Was emailed for an interview. Interviewed with two people, about 15 min each - one asked more behavioral questions while other asked more personal questions.