Macy's Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Management Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.8

Store Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Macy's in January 2017.

Interview

I applied in October and was contacted regarding a "chat" in January. It took place over the phone. I found it to be pretty typical, just generally getting to know you questions. The HR rep told me more about the position during this time as well, which was helpful. I learned that this position would not be a good fit for me because it just seemed like shadowing in the store rather than actually having responsibility.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email a few days later asking to do a pre-screening phone call. The recruiter was really friendly. Once I passed the pre-screening I had one interview over the phone and was offered a second interview and was told it would be in person. It ended up being over the phone as well

Interview Questions

• why macys?
      tell me what you know about the company?
      Tell me about a time when...?
      How would you deal with...?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Received an offer letter. At-Will employment so was unable to negotiate but the offer was more than expected.

Restaurant Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Supposed to be phone, interviewer missed 3 scheduled times. made schedule difficult only accepting times before 7am and did not call. eventually i gave up, maybe that was her purpose.

Store Management Executive Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Eugene, OR) in November 2016.

Interview

30 minutes behavioral, then 30 minutes sales related scenario questions. Then there was a second round which I think would have lasted a whole day but I didn't move on to that round.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you faced a challenge and what steps you took to overcome it.   Answer Question

Store Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's in May 2016.

Interview

Interview process was simple and conducted at my university. Just had one interview and was offered the job, everyone was very pleasant. I got a call a week after my interview with an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (Broomfield, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

After the initial call from a representative, I was set up with an orientation/online group interview with the recruiter where we learned more about the company and was able to ask questions. After the orientation/online group interview, I received a one on one interview with that same recruiter. Once that was complete and I moved onto the next stage, I interviewed with the regional manager who would be the deciding factor to whether or not I received the internship. The next day after the interview with the regional manager, the recruiter called back and gave me an offer. I had 14 days to accept or decline the offer.

Interview Questions

• What is it about Macy's that makes you want to work here?   1 Answer

I declined due to another internship offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Met at campus career fair. Was emailed for an interview. Interviewed with two people, about 15 min each - one asked more behavioral questions while other asked more personal questions.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

They have a two part interview a behavioral and coaching part. Behavioral: what types of situations you have been in and Coaching: what you would do in a particular situation

Interview Questions

• Gave me 3 different scenarios and asked me how I would coach each associate according to his/her performance in accordance with the organization   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (State College, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a very simple recruitment process. They came to my college's career fair and I got an interview on the spot. They have an interview pre-night information session that is extremely helpful to go to prepare for the interview. The interview consisted of a behavioral interview and a case study. Both were relatively easy and conversational.

Store Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's in February 2016.

Interview

I met them at a career fair and it was a short interview process, they sat you down with 3 different store managers and asked you basic behavioral questions and got to know you.

Interview Questions

• When is a time at work or school you had to deal with a disagreement or conflict and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question