Macy's Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

278 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Visual Merchandiser Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Boca Raton, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online through the company website and received an email from the manager around two weeks later asking to set up an interview. I scheduled an interview for the following week and a week later received an email from Macy's telling me that I wasn't being considered any further.

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a great experiences with Macy's hiring process. It was fast and straight-forward. Phone screening, then in-person interview with a department Buyer. The overall process took about 2 weeks. It's nice to see that the company really cares about the employees and applicants.

Interview Questions

• Describe a typical day at your current job.
      Why Macy's?
      How would you go about solving a problem?
      What's something you have to do at your current job and don't want to continue doing it at Macy's?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (North Naples, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. I applied to the company's website. After the application was accepted, I was sent an email to schedule a date and time for the interview. It was very convenient.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for the position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Nashville, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

Pretty simple. Applied online and got an email back to schedule an appt through a scheduling system. Went to the office and sat in a basic office with one person, really laid back

Interview Questions

• How do you handle pressure?
      What would you do if another co-worker was going against the rules?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Interview

Arrived early to the hiring center it's for a store that hasn't yet opened so they were interviewing in like a cubical office space. Interview was short asked situational question what was odd was she asked me if I would taking positioning in other areas in the store which I said yes. Then at the end of the interview she said I would be called for a second interview but that there was no more visual positions open. But I don't understand why I would interviewed for a visual position if they were no longer hiring.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to change direction and start a new project unexpected.   Answer Question

Retail Support - Visual Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview at HR office, Austin, TX.
    The interview was very relaxed, easy and "standardised". Indeed, the interviewer (she was super kindly and smiling! ) told me: "I'll ask you some questions that we ask to every our candidates, and I 'll report your answer in this paper". It was similar to a questionnaire. They were approximately 15-20 questions, and the flow of the interview was very quick. In some occasion, I tried to give an elaborated answers to her questions, but I understood that it was not so "necessary". The answers that she was looking for were more similar to a "check box" instead of articulated answers. The important thing is to show yourself as a good communicator, keep yourself talking for the all time of interview!
    Very simple and classic questions, like: "why Macy's", "What do you do if you see something strange in the store", "how you convince a customer to open a Macy's credit card", "describe a situation where you was inside a team", "describe a situation where you need to take difficult decision or a risk", "are you flexible" and other similar questions.

Although I applied online for a specific position, the interview was done for the future positions.

Interview Questions

• "why Macy's?",
      "What do you do if you see something strange in the store?",
      "how you convince a customer to open a Macy's credit card?",
      "describe a situation where you was inside a team?",
      "describe a situation where you need to take difficult decision or a risk?",
      "are you flexible?" and other similar questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I applied for a visual merchandising position and the next day received an email to schedule an interview. The day before my interview, I received an email that this position has been filled. Usually, a company will interview everyone that is scheduled and decide after.... A week later, this position came up on indeed.com so I reapplied thinking the person didn't work out or they needed another visual merchandiser. Next day, received an email to schedule an interview. When I went in for my interview the guy at the front desk said that this position has already been filled and that "they were suppose to" email people telling them that it has been filled. I explained to him what happened the prior week and he just slightly giggled and said sorry. This was very unprofessional and a waste of time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very fast process but they did not abide by his promise which is the second interview. I tried to reach out but the number was not an available number also office phone did not pick it up. In addition, I sent 3 follow up mail, it did not any response.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want work for Macy's?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Miami, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Received an email fairly quickly after applying online. The email was an invitation to interview and I was able to make an interview appointment online. After making the appointment, I went to interview. The process was very smoothly, but it seemed like they were interviewing a lot of people for the job and that there was no initial "scan" on who they brought in to interview.

Anonymous Employee in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (McAllen, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online on a evening and got an email to set up an appointment for the interview. I set up the interview for the next day. The interview was quick. They asked 5 behavioral questions. The hiring mnaher said it was a standard set of questions. I did not get the position I applied for but they offered a different position. After I did the interview I was told to choose the days for my training. They ended up calling me in to do the training the same day I did the interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a team member not doing his work and how you approached him/her.   Answer Question