Macy's Seasonal Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Seasonal Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.3

Seasonal Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Miami, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

It was pretty easy a lot of laughter ,talk a lot. I applied online and 2 or 3 days after I got an email telling me that I should schedule an interview I chose to schedule the interview the following day as early I could get there because I needed a job am a high school senior and I got hired on the spot just be honest , good to have prior experience which I did will be started next week .

Interview Questions

• One about integrity , why Macy's? And am I tech savvy etc   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate (Seasonal) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Tucson, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

I waited in a room with 6 other people. People were getting called in for individual interviews. The interviewers were running behind. I had to wait a little over half an hour before getting called. The interview only lasted about 10 minutes. She only asked about half a dozen questions. After, she said I would get an email telling me whether or not I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Macy's?   Answer Question
    • How would you try to sell someone something (anything)?   Answer Question
    • If we don't carry something the customer came in for, how would you sell them something else?   Answer Question
    • Integrity is very important to Macy's. If you saw a customer, coworker, etc. doing something wrong (i.e. stealing), how would you handle it?   1 Answer
    • Schedules vary based on customer needs. What is your availability like?   Answer Question

Seasonal Retail Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

You have to apply for the position online. If accepted, you will receive an email with instruction on how to schedule an interview. At the interview, you will be taken into a generic room where the interviewer will ask some pretty basic retail sales related questions - how would you handle rude customers, give an example of a difficult situation, etc.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle co-worker theft?   1 Answer

Seasonal Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Waterbury, CT) in November 2013.

Interview

I found the job on indeed.com, and I applied through the website. I received a phone call to set up a time for the interview.The interview process went smoothly it was a real simple and quick process for me. I interviewed with two managers they were both very nice and down to earth.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you provided excellent customer service in your last job.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (San Jose, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I originally applied online for a part time sales associate position. 5 days later I got an email requesting an interview and I got to choose the time and date available. Right after I did I got another email as a appointment confirmation. 7 days later I got another email (the day before my interview) as a appointment confirmation (again) as reminder for my interview the next day. I went to my interview the next day & on the way there I called the Macy's number I got on yelp & let them know I was gonna be a little late.. I was about 20-30 minutes late to my interview. My manager was super sweet & kind. She was glad I called her to let her know I was gonna be late, rather than just showing up late. During the interview, I was really nervous and was having difficulty with my answers (cause last time I interviewed at Macy's I didn't get the job). So I just told her that I was really nervous & she was really calm and funny and tried to get me to ease up a bit. I ended up feeling a lot more comfortable around her and at the end of the interview she told me because I didn't have any job experience, especially in retail, she feels leery about putting me in a commission job. She offered me another job as a recovery seasonal (she didn't tell me what the job was gonna be though until she asked me to come fill out paperwork 7 days later, she just described it to me). She said this job would be perfect beginners experience and it's like a foot in the door and if they like me after, they'll offer me another job to stay. She said if I was interested in the seasonal job for now, to call her back on Tuesday (6 days later) and she wrote down her number and extension number on a sticky note. I called her that Tuesday and she said she was just about to go into the meeting so to call her back tomorrow.. I called her the next day and someone else answered & told me she was in an interview and if I could wait about 20 minutes she would give me a call back.. Two hours passed so I called back twice and then finally my manager answered and apologized but she's just been really busy. She asked me to meet her in an hour to go and fill out paperwork. I called and left a message because I was gonna be late (AGAIN) and when I got there I ended up being an hour late (I have to take the train and it takes two hours to get there) She had me fill out the paperwork and went over it with me. She scheduled me to come back next week for training and then shook my hand and said "I'll see you next Tuesday and Wednesday".

Retail Sales Associate- Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Lakeland, FL) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied online. I recieved an email stating that I needed to pick an interview time 2 weeks from then. I went to the interview and spoke with a retail manager. I was offered job on the spot after I talked about making a outfit for a customer. I filled out some paperwork and was given an orientation date. At orientation, I was walking through the internal Macy's website insite and went threw 6 hours of training ( 75% cash register)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, but no. They were only going to pay seasonal position $7.50 an hour, no commision.