Macy's Seasonal Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Seasonal Merchandiser Interview Questions

1.9

Seasonal Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I got a call from Macy's asking if I had time for an interview. The whole call took about 10 minutes. The questions were pretty straight forward. I was offered the job on the spot after the questions but told them I was waiting to hear from another potential application.

Seasonal Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Cajon, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (El Cajon, CA).

Interview

Around 5 mins waiting, 5 mins questions and they get back to you in the next 2 days. The question they take note of most is when you are available, good luck!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time a coworker or classmate was doing something unethical and you showed integrity   Answer Question
    • What made you want to apply to Macys?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time a member of a group was not up to standard and how did you address this and what was the result?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you were given tough deadlines and how did you handle them?   Answer Question

Seasonal Holiday Retail Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Valencia, CA).

Interview

I applied for the position online then was prompted to schedule an interview several days later. I went in for the interview today and she asked the typical questions describe yourself, why Macy's?, describe a time when you..., and then asked for my availability. After that she did not ask many more questions. Despite that I could still accommodate the schedule she said, if you do not have completely open availability you won't get the position (at this location). I wish they would have told me that on the posting then I would not have wasted my time.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online on a Friday and got an email the following Tuesday to schedule an interview. On the day of the appointment, I checked in at the office 30 minutes early, and the lady who checked me in was very friendly. My interview started on time. The interviewer explained to me the job responsibilities and the possible hours and asked me three behavior questions, which were not difficult to answer. I wasn't asked the dreaded "Tell me about yourself" question. Overall the experience was very pleasant and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Macy's?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had taught somebody a skill.   1 Answer

Seasonal Retail Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Cajon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (El Cajon, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied on august 2nd and got an email august 3rd
     to schedule an interview. I arrived about 10 mins early, the recieving manager was already in there talking to the receptionist. He took me back right away. He was very friendly and made it comfortable. I was asked about 3 questions and then my availability. He told me there was another position open and if I was interested in it. After the interview I was asked to go into the lobby and wait. After a few minutes I was given a paper to fill out and he asked if I accepted the pay. Now I'm just waiting for my background check to clear so I can attend an orientation. I went to macys thinking I wasn't going to get an offer after many interviews at other places and being turned down. Just be yourself , make sure to smile and be calm.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a rude customer? And how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to deal with a coworker who wasn't doing there job? How did you fix that issue   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to do a job without specific details?   Answer Question

Seasonal Retail Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Citrus Heights, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (Citrus Heights, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied on a Thursday and received a request to interview the following Tuesday. I then scheduled my interview for Friday. Interview was fairly quick since they scheduled them 15 minutes apart from one another and I had people waiting before and after me. She verified my address, contact info, and hours of availability before asking me about 4 or 5 basic questions that have all been said before on here. I'm glad I prepped beforehand using Glassdoor! After my interview I was told I would be contacted the following week about a second interview but the following Wednesday I received an email saying my availability didn't correspond with the days and hours needed for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Miami, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

I arrived 10 minutes early for my interview scheduled at 3:45 pm. I was told that the person who was going to interview me was at another department. I kept waiting until I was informed that such person had left for the day because she leaves everyday at 3pm!!! Well, the first manager that randomly walked by that office was the one chosen to interview me. She was a nice girl but only after we were finished she informed me that my availability for the position I applied for was not possible at that location due to the size of the store... I was offered another position which I declined.

Interview Questions

• 1) What would you do if I saw an employee stealing; 2) How would I handle a slacking team mate - I was asked more questions but I found this two the trickiest ones.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's in July 2016.

Interview

Typical interview process , back room office minor dialouge with manager. Dissused qualifications , expectations of the position, career goals, and availability. Manager was nice but a bit overworked , come prepared with answers to the questions and be honest.

Negotiation

Didn't try to negotiate

Seasonal Merchandiser Interview

Interview

Average interview. Completed the online application received an interview invite one week later. Meet with the store manager. Basic interview situational questions. STAR format questions then orientation lasted for one week.

Seasonal Visual Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Aventura, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview didn't start as scheduled, it actually started two hours later. When the interview started I was notified that the position was already filled and they asked me if I wanted to apply to other position, unfortunately I wasn't interest on that offer so I declined. Anyway they asked me a couple of behavioral questions. It was short and easy. The interviewer was really nice, she was sorry for all the time I had to wait.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever seen someone stealing something? what did you do?   Answer Question

I wasn't interested on the position they were offering.