Macy's Seasonal Part Time Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 17, 2017

2.0

760 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (West Covina, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online on a Thursday, got an email the next day about setting up an interview. I got to pick what time and day I wanted to be interviewed. I chose the upcoming Tuesday and I now have a job at Macy's! The interview was about 15 minutes long and the interviewer was really nice and friendly, she left the room for about a minute to review my answers and came back and offered me the position I applied for. She then told me I would receive a call to set up orientation and training, I received the call the next day! (:

Interview Questions

• Describe the position you applied for, and what you think your duties will be for that position?   1 Answer

Seasonal Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online and received an email a day later stating they wanted me to come in for an interview. The interview was about 15 to 20 minutes. They asked general customer service questions. I never worked in retail so that is probably one reason why I was not offered the job. Even though the job qualifications state that you do not have to have retail experience, I think you would have a better chance of being hired if you previously worked in retail. I think another reason is due to applying a little later than others. They probably already had people in mind of who they've wanted to hire at that time. I would definitely say that reviewing the interview questions on here helped tremendously because they were all similar to the questions asked during the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince a customer to buy a particular product over another product?   Answer Question

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Interview

Applied and rec'd an email 2 weeks later with an email after that for a phone interview. They called asked questions re cust svc & on availability then discussed pay then offered job .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

For someone equipped with extensive corp experience, and retail experience, the conversation could have been more mature rather than the template list of questions geared to inexperienced individuals. They require staff remain completely schedule flexible which is illogical for most people, especially if holding down more than one job.

Seasonal Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I was quickly scheduled in for an interview after applying online. The interview itself took about 25 minutes. The interviewer asked about past experience and was very welcoming. Overall great experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where I had to quickly change tasks to assist another department and how I handled it.   Answer Question

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Easy interview, especially if you have any sort of customer service experience. Basic questions and was asked if my goal was to stay with the company after the season was over, I said no since I knew I would be moving to a different state at the end of the season.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I just walked in to their hiring event. The interviewer seemed to love me and told me she would call me back with a follow up interview with the cosmetics manager. However, 2 days later she just called and said they wanted me on board and i should show up for the on boarding on a certain date

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Sacramento, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Was about 10 minutes early, but the interviewer met me immediately. She was apparently new and was a little scrambled, but she was very friendly and easy to talk to. Opened the interview by asking me to tell her about myself. Then there were about 15 questions before she left the room for about 5 minutes and came back with a job offer. I accepted and then she led me to another to schedule for training and give me a briefing of what to bring on my first day.

Interview Questions

• How would you calm down a customer that is upset if they aren't able to use a coupon on something.   1 Answer
    • Would you rather work on the floor or behind the register?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kaneohe, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Kaneohe, HI) in October 2017.

Interview

Ricky interviewed me, he was very friendly and easy to talk to. The interview was about half an hour long. I got to choose which department I wanted to be in after being offered a position.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's in October 2017.

Interview

A bit of a rushed process. The two hiring managers were interviewing other potential employees, so I was interviewed by a sales manager. He read from a paper and asked questions about my availability, customer scenarios, and previous work experience that would help with a sales associate position.

Interview Questions

• During the holiday season, Macy's has extended hours. Are you willing to work late nights and/or early mornings?   Answer Question