Macy's Seasonal Part Time Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Seasonal Part Time Interview Questions

Updated Feb 27, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Stamford, CT).

Interview

It was a short interview with most questions based on how to respond to customer querry and how to ensure customer gets great shopping experience. The interviewer was very friendly and professional. It was a good experience overall

Interview Questions

• If a customer is looking for an item that the store doesnt have in stock, how would you handle the situation   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I aplied online and within three days I was asked to come in for an interview. The interview was pretty laid back and easy going. My interview responses were given to the manager for review. The next day I got a call regarding their decision

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you had to appeal to a customer?   Answer Question

Seasonal Fragrance and Cosmetics Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I applied online, then I got an email requesting me some info for an interview. I went for it and the interviewer was very friendly, it took only like 15 min and all went so good.

Floater Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Nyack, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (West Nyack, NY).

Interview

The first was a face to face interview with a superior. Just to assess you and quaifications then I attended a group interview process that lasted a few hours long. Of course we had to dress business casual. I reccommend all black as that is the dress code. They showed us videos and asked questions. It was a full out presentation. It wasn't my most enjoyable interview only because of the length but it wasn't difficult either. There were about 5 interviewees.

Interview Questions

• They asked what if questions regarding safety and shortage control.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

the hiring went very fast. I think they don't really care who are they hire for seasonal jobs. The manager asked me a few questions and brought the papers to sign right away.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest challenge regarding customer service satisfaction?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Olympia, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

I sent the application on Friday, they contacted me on Saturday to schedule an interview, a manager interviewed me on Monday and hired me. I started the training on Tuesday. It was all pretty quick!

Interview Questions

• How would you make a customer buy a product?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever witnessed someone doing something wrong? Tell me your experience and what actions did you take.   Answer Question
    • Do you feel comfortable using technologies?   Answer Question

Seasonal Beauty Advisor-FLEX Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and then got an email to schedule an interview appointment. I later went in for an inteview and it was fairly short with less than 10 questions lasting under 20 min. She later then asked me if I had any question.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Portland, OR) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online for a different position but I got a different one instead. I came in 20 minutes early, but I'm pretty sure they lost my informations because I was sitting there for like at least 30 minutes waiting for them to find my papers. The manager who was interviewing me was in a really big rush so she just have a list of questions on her hand. She just go down the list and ask questions and take note. The interview process took only 10 minutes, she liked my answers and I got hired. If you are new you need to go through this annoying computer lesson, it took me 2 days and 3 hours each. I don't think it was that useful.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Quick and efficient. Met in a private office. Very nice person. Was complete in 40 minutes. No worries. I felt valued and respected. They didn't bother anyone with a long application that no one ever reads.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle different departments?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online and got an invitation for the interview the next day. It was quite easy. The interviewer was very nice. She just asked a few questions and wrote everything down. I didn't have a chance to negotiate the pay. I was hired on the spot. Not sure if my answers helped or that said I was available anytime.