Macy's Shoe Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Shoe Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Norfolk, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very nice and quick. The lady interviewing me was very nice and made me feel comfortable. The interview question was easy and comprehensive, she wrote down all my responses to the questions. Lastly the interview went well.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to work in a team to achieve a goal.   Answer Question

Ladies Shoes Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got an email telling me to schedule an interview so you can come in. It was pretty simple but he showed up 45 minutes after the time I was supposed to interview

Women' S Shoe Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clay, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Clay, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online, it was a very easy and basic application. Within a few days I received an email asking me to schedule an interview. Upon my interview date I was interviewed with the Women's Shoes manager (future boss) who asked very easy basic questions. Mainly focused on describe an instance when you were faced with a problem and how was it resolved, how comfortable are you with technology, what do you consider good customer service, describe an instance in which you had to present a customer with options, how would you do this/make a sale?
    Lasted about 20 minutes and was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Integrity: Explain a situation in which you witnessed a a situation that went against your personal integrity/morals (personal or professional)   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's in May 2015.

Interview

It was nice. Basic interview questions were asked. I think they want to see if you know what is needed to make customers happy such as smiles, helping out, giving information, etc. I think they just want to know that you are a nice person that is willing to help customers.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Macys?   1 Answer

Sales Associate - Men's Shoes Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Kennesaw, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

One on one interview with a manager. I was told about the commission part of the position. The explanation regarding that issue was poor. I was hired immediately. This is a high turnover job because its retail so if you're given an interview, it's almost certain you'll be hired.

Ladies Shoes Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

A couple of intense questions but nothing serious. Most of the questions required me to answer about team work and helping other customers. Dress with personality but professional as well. The interview only took a total of 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

the hiring process requires the applicant to fill out a questionnaire that takes about 30-45 mins to complete. Then you wait for HR to get into contact with you. The interview was very laid back and the lady didn't ask too many difficult questions. After the interview with HR I went to talk with my department manager and immediately the hiring paperwork got started.

Interview Questions

• The questions were based on circumstances and usually went like this: tell me of a situation where you had to deal with a problematic associate and tell me how you dealt with the situation.   Answer Question

Women' S Shoe Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Aurora, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

I just submit my application and resume on the website under seasonal and they either contact you via phone or email to interview you (in my case I scheduled my interview).

It's always good to come at least 10-15 minutes earlier. I came in earlier and was told to wait in the hallway. I also bring my printed resume too just in case if the interviewer needs the copy.

When it was my turn, we were in a room one-to-one and she asked me bunch of questions related to resume at first (my previous jobs) and gave me many scenarios of how I would solve the problem if a customer said/had a problem.

After if most likely you get the offer, she asked me how my hours are and congratulate on getting hired.

I would say be honest (never lie), stay calm, and give answers that reflect on your skills and personality in a good way. Also be creative with the sales/scenario questions too.

Interview Questions

• How has your last job ended up with you here?   1 Answer
    • Do you have an example where you fixed a mistake your coworker did?   1 Answer
    • How will you convince me as a customer to buy the shoe you're showing me?   1 Answer
    • She asked if I workout often (running through the inventory to get shoes for customers).   1 Answer

Sales Associate Women's Shoes Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Concord, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied for the job the night before I got two emails inviting me to come interview with Macy's/Bloomingdales and to schedule an interview. I got there and someone else had my interview time slot as well, which was strange to me. I was mostly prepared for the interview but there were like 3 pages worth of questions and I wasn't prepared for ALL of those...so, the interview ended, she asked my availability, told me about the points system and also that the position for shoes was filled... but asked me if there was anywhere in particular I would prefer to work. I told her I was flexible and could manage working in just about any department I was needed... and after all that, I still didn't get the job. I was informed by e-mail I didn't get it the next day.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you were faced with a difficult question in an unfamiliar subject and what solution did you come up with or something like that.   Answer Question

Women's Shoe Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Arrived at the interview but they were not prepared for me. They had to call in a different woman who was a cashier lead to interview me. It lasted about 10 minutes and I thought it went well. She said they were hiring many people at the time, so they would get back to me about the job. Received an email about 4 days later saying that I didn't get the job and that I could apply in the future. I was very disappointed especially because about a week after my rejection I saw a posting for the same job position open again.

Interview Questions

• If offered a high position that you did not want would you take it and why?   Answer Question