Macy's Jewelry Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Jewelry Interview Questions

Updated Jan 23, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in New Castle, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (New Castle, DE) in December 2016.

Interview

A recruiter from my local store was scouting on my college campus. She asked us if we were interested in employment with Macy's and then proceeded to tell us more about the company. She then gave us business cards with information on how to apply on the back. I applied online and was notified that they would like to schedule an interview about 4 days after I submitted my application online. Had an interview with an HR associate who was very nice but you could tell she was listening to every word you said and grading your presentation which was a little intense. She also continuously scribbled my responses and her own remarks on a candidate dossier (one that no one read because she asked me a lot of questions that were clearly on my resume). After the intense grading, she concluded with a smile and informed me the role that she thought I would fill best would require a second interview with another representative. The second interview was exactly like the first with a gentleman from the fine jewelry department and he offered me a position at the conclusion of the interview. He went over compensation and benefits, and then took me to the HR office to finish onboarding with a secretary where I was given the dates I would begin training and login credentials as well as a generic onboarding Welcome to Macy's New Hire Orientation packet.

Interview Questions

• Pretend I am a new customer you have not seen before walking into your department, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • Name a time in which you upsold or suggestive sold something to a customer. What was the outcome? Were you successful? What strategies did you use and why?   Answer Question
    • Name a time that you caught someone else being dishonest. Who was it and what was your relationship to them? What were they doing? What did you do? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Fine Jewelry Commission Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Glendale, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Today I got interview at Macy's Glendale Galleria and my overall experience was good. Waiting for an update from the management. The interview process took about an hour and think I got the offer. Too bad they offered part time but I'd applied for full time.

Interview Questions

• Do you have cosmetics sales experience?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Jewelry Clerical, Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hurst, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (Hurst, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I arrived on time for my interview and waited a few minutes for the jewelry manager to bring me into an empty office only to be told the position had already been filled. She said other jewelry positions were open, but I asked if they were all sales. They were. I replied I was not interested in sales. In just a few minutes, my interview was over and my impression of Macy's hiring practices was made.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested only in part-time?   1 Answer

Fine Jewelry Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kenner, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Kenner, LA) in August 2016.

Interview

I did an application online then got an email back saying to set up an interview. I went in the lady was really nice I was dressed really had on heels with casual clothing. The interview lasted about 15 minutes she asked questions off a booklet. She left and came back saying that they had some full-time and part time positions. She told me that she was gonna give me a phone call and let me know. I was disappointed because I thought I didn't have the job because everyone on here say that got hired on the spot, but sure enough the next day she called and told me she a full-time position for me and a higher pay so I took it. Even though I filled out for a part time job she must really likes me to give me full time in a nicer department. So if they say they will call u back they just might will it happened for me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got an offer for a better position that I applied for. She called with the pay rate I accepted because it was higher than I expected.

Fine Jewelry Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The process took about 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's
    I went in and I had to wait for about 15 minutes.
    I was interviewed by an HR Lady, and she went down a list of questions such as why I wanted to work here, or any relevant experience that I had. The process took around 30 minutes

Interview Questions

• tell me a time where you had to be a leader of a group?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Orland Park, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

It's were good and very short..it were 30 min interview manger were nice she liked me on the spot..she hiried me as a full timer, interview question were so easy ...

Fine Jewelry Clerical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Torrance, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied Online for another position at macys, I did an interview 30 days after i applied. They saw my experience and they matched me with another position that was paying a little bit more so the day after i did another interview with the department manager and i got the job the same day

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aptos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Aptos, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I dressed in a white collar shirt, black pants, and black booties eventhough I was 15 minutes early the interview the environment felt very hostile, I waited for around 12 minutes, was taken into a private office room to interview with a man in his mis thirties and was asked what type of experience and qualifications I had. The experience I have is irrelavent (tutor). Definitely apply to work for this company only if you have previous and extensive experience.

The interview felt stressful, he asked questions that considered a fast and well thought out response.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was very simple and straightforward. The person interviewing me asked me very little about jewelry and more about my sales experience and my background. The person interviewing me said he was very impressed with my interview and that he though it went very well. He told me there were two current Macy's employees that had first choice of the job at the fine jewelry counter if they wanted. I received a call back within a week for the position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Easy...probably because they were desperate for people. Walked in and Macy's was having a recruiting event. Applied online at the store interviewed with a pathetic manager and got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a position that relates to the position you are applying for   Answer Question