Macy's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

6,027 Interview Reviews

2.2

Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Roseville, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview was fast and easy. It was one person interviewing and I was hired on the spot. They focused on availability and mentioned they have really flexible schedules. Interviewer was really nice and friendly

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in July 2013.

Interview

Very lenthy on line application. Seemed like a personality test. When completed, you can schedule your own interview through their calendar system. You will get a confirmation e-mail and the interview is at the store with a manager. A series of questions are asked. The interview lasts about 30 minutes. You receive their decision via e-mail.

Interview Questions

• Questions about your experience, customer service, experience dealing with difference situations.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Springfield, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

it was very easy. My interviewer was very calm and friendly. I waited about 20 minutes before he came and grabbed me to interview. Others ladies at the desk were rude and seem annoyed but my interviewer was kind and straight forward.

Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Arrived on time. Waited about 10 minutes to be called for interview. Person conducting was very kind and personable. We shared a few laughs, and she asked me standard interview behavioral questions. Speak what is on your mind, not what you think they want to hear. It will help you relax.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time you had to switch tasks suddenly, and how did it impact your work?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time you saw someone steal, or do something wrong in the workplace, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the position you've applied for?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had to work as a group to get a job done and how it went.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Durham, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied for a seasonal position on Monday and received a email Tuesday telling
     me that i will received a phone call the following day. The phone rang at 9 am the next morning and they left a voice message telling to call back . I called macy's around 12:15 and she asked if we could do a over the phone interview which took like 20 mins i was on campus so it was hard finding a quiet spot. I was very nervous but i had experience at one of the stores competitors so all the questions she asked came easily.

Fine Jewelry Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Interview

Discuss personality and drive to make sales. Had to talk about prior experience with customer service and how I would handle difficult experiences. I had to wait for the management approval and background check and criminal background check.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

it was a 20 min phone call , questions and scenarios i just answered them and she explained the different positions she had open full tie and part time

Interview Questions

• When you see someone doing the wrong thing what do you do   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's in September 2017.

Interview

Macy's interviewer was straight forward and easy to talk to. Even though he was easy, he still asked many questions about myself and what I would do in certain scenarios.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if i see a customer that needs help but there is also another big task that I need to take care of by the end of the day?   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor-Make Up Artist-Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online in the morning and got an email that same day in which said when I wanted to schedule an interview. I schedule for the following week at 11:00. I got there 30 minutes early and a nice lady told me to take a seat as I waited for the hiring manager. He gets there unprepared, didn't even have my resume and cover letter that I had sent with them (Good thing I brought a copy). He then greets me, and says to wait as he went to go take a phone call. He finally got off the phone and brought me back and asked me the basic questions. It was kinda awkward, but overall it went alright. He told me I would receive a phone call in a few days instead, about 3 hours letter I got an email stating that unfortunately my availability wasn't qualified for the position I applied for. FUNNY, because I was pretty much available all week.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Jersey City, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

Short and sweet. I met with the counter manager. It was a very open and friendly interview it actually felt more like a regular conversation rather than an interview. Very laid back