Macy's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

5,640 Interview Reviews

2.2

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Sacramento, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, the process took about 3 days, got an follow up email to set up an interview. Set my interview for the next day. Had to wait about 20 mins before the interviewer saw me. The interview was basic and took about 30 mins. It went really good and she even told me I would be a great fit and I should be hearing back within the next week. The next morning I got an rejection email. I thought it went great, not sure what happened.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Apply online. Schedule your interview via an email link. Had two face to face interviews with two different Sr. Exec. Did not ask the typical interview questions. It felt very intense. A lot of company jargon used in the interview. Thought they were interviewing me for the NASA space program. Interviewers made no notes so not sure what or how they were rating my responses. It was about 24 interview questions altogether with side questions for clarification. Even though I prepped for the interview it felt like I was completely unprepared. It lasted about an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• How do you influence or inspire others? How do you handle an employee you like but does not perform well? How do you let stakeholders know that you have the company's best interest in mind?   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Detective Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Tacoma, WA).

Interview

Had a phone interview then a week later I had a in person interview and was told that Id hear back within a day or 2 because they were looking to fill the position quickly... almost week later, calls me to come in again (another mini interview) then was told that I'd hear back quickly about a phone interview with the regional LP manager, few days pass by and I get an email saying I didn't get the job, next day I get a call saying that I was going to get a call the next day (so I didn't lose the job). Did the interview the next day and was told that I'd hear back the next day if I got the job... almost a week later I got the call and I decided that I didn't want to work for a company who says one thing but does another, first impressions go both ways and while they were interviewing me, I was interviewing them at the same time. Plus pay was bad for the cost of living in the area and competitors, also have a degree and the most I'd make was just above minimum wage.

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty quick. Got an email right after I applied, to schedule a one-on-one interview. I was surprised I got called for a second interview, since I don't have retail experience. But didn't do so great on my second interview. I knew then that I wasn't getting hired.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a problem with a coworker how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Asset Protection Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I filled out an application online and was invited to do a phone interview. I scheduled my time for a few days later and prepared for my interview. I really need a job so I was looking forward to this opportunity. 4 MINUTES before my interview I received an email saying the position was filled yesterday. Are you kidding me?? This is ridiculously unprofessional and rude. Someone could have called me, but no. I get a lousy email 4 minutes before my interview. I didn't even see it until I had been waiting to get a call for 15 min. I will never apply to work at Macy's again, they obviously don't understand basic etiquette.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's in December 2016.

Interview

I had an over the phone interview. It was about 5 questions..didn't take more than 15 minutes. I was offered the job on the phone. They hire a company to make the calls, so the woman wasn't a Macy's employee. You just need to tell them what they want to hear.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you saw someone do something wrong   1 Answer

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Brooklyn, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a great interview, the interviewer took her time to review my file and i answered all the questions that was asked by the interviewer who made me feel calm and collected when i spoke.

Senior Coinsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Macy's (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2013.

Interview

Interview with prospective colleagues, immediate and second (higher) level supervisor, and general counsel. Asked about past experience and present career priorities. Interested in ability to work with others at all levels of company and work across areas of responsibility.

Interview Questions

• Demand years of consumer credit law experience for Credit Law Team   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (San Jose, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

No specific interview. Only had been asked routin quastion about can you walk all the day at work. Then I signed a paper and got the job. In Macy's you have to be shark and have a good relationship with managers to progress. It is so easy to hire as a seasonal but you should try to make a place for yourself to stay and hire permanent.

Interview Questions

• Can you stand for around 8 hours?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any sickness to share?   1 Answer
    • Do have a work permit in the us?   1 Answer

Store Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's in May 2016.

Interview

Interview process was simple and conducted at my university. Just had one interview and was offered the job, everyone was very pleasant. I got a call a week after my interview with an offer.