Macy's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017
5,637 Interview Reviews

2.2

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I was interviewed by the District Director of Human Resource. After the interview, she set me up to talk to Assistant store manager for the second interview. I got hired the next day.

Interview Questions

• sometimes they need to reach out to additional resources, who did you work it and what was the over outcome?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Super easy. Just be confident and they'll like it. Speak capitalism to them, all about how you can make more money for them, how you're happy to work for them. Be honest, but away it to their favor.

Interview Questions

• If you saw someone stealing, what would you do. They asked for customer and co-worker.   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Warwick, RI).

Interview

"Describe the interview process" - I didn't even GET an interview. A day before my scheduled time, they called me and told me they "no longer had the available position." So unprofessional. I spent 3 days reviewing history about the company (both companies) and their procedures for this interview. Unbelievable and disappointed.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I aplied online and within three days I was asked to come in for an interview. The interview was pretty laid back and easy going. My interview responses were given to the manager for review. The next day I got a call regarding their decision

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you had to appeal to a customer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was interviewed by the men's department manager. I was asked about customer service and about selling the perfect product to clients. The job was offered right there, and training was scheduled the following week. Interview was short but a long wait for it to happen. Managers were always busy.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle multiple customers at once?   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I interviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Robotic. Hiring manager had a stack of applications and I was one of them. Mgr asks you standard questions and does not look at your resume - don't bother printing it out. The standard questions did not apply to me and I had no way to make sense of this interview because I did not have previous experience in this role.

Interview Questions

• I prepared for this interview by looking at the interview questions provided by other glassdoor users. They're exactly the same. Why Macy's? Are you comfortable touching other ppl's faces? Etc..   Answer Question

Administrative Support Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Aventura, FL).

Interview

HR manager very friendly. Willing to give you an opportunity. So sad they don't train as you expect, they lack of standards operation procedures, they don't follow up after interviews, you need to be calling to updates.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

It was good, they asked a lot of questions but it was ok the good thing i was prepared and practiced a lot because it was my first interview ever and they were friendly

Seasonal Fragrance and Cosmetics Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I applied online, then I got an email requesting me some info for an interview. I went for it and the interviewer was very friendly, it took only like 15 min and all went so good.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online. I got an email for an interview the very next day. The interview process was very quick and easier than I anticipated. The lady who interviewed me was very friendly.