Macy's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

5,856 Interview Reviews

2.2

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Gilbert, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

Positive interview experience. Applied online and got a reply within couple days for an invitation for an interview. Interview was a basic behavioral interview and also a situational interview. I was asked basic questions and given situations that would arise in Starbucks atmosphere and asked how I would respond. Overall it was a simple and good experience.

Interview Questions

• If one of your coworkers was not pulling their weight in your shared responsibility how would you react?   Answer Question

Impulse Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Allentown, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interviewing process was fairly easy. I had a positive experience as the Beauty Sales Manager and I were both from NYC. The questions were not hard if you have experience in sales and/or beauty. Knowledge of beauty products is not a requirement. However, the sales aspect is something that is important to land this position. Still waiting back from them :)

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you worked with a team, reached a goal, and contributed to that success.   Answer Question

Fitting Room Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was kind and easy to relate to. I was able to easily speak to the interviewer and honestly believe that I have a chance at getting the job. I applied only a few days ago and have not heard anything yet and am still waiting :-)

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Silver Spring, MD) in June 2017.

Interview

i apply on line and after 1 week i get a mail to schedule interview face to face with the manger . she was very kind and friendly make me feel comfortable

Visual Merchandiser Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Boca Raton, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online through the company website and received an email from the manager around two weeks later asking to set up an interview. I scheduled an interview for the following week and a week later received an email from Macy's telling me that I wasn't being considered any further.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Macy's (Miami, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

You had to wear very fashionable clothing. You have to show up before your appointment time or your considered late. You also have to look happy and be outgoing.

Interview Questions

• Where I would like to be in five years and did I enjoy my present job. They wanted to know why I wanted to leave my present employer even though I was happy there.   Answer Question

Retail Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (San Antonio, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and I received an email within the next two days asking me to come in for an interview. I arrived 5 minutes early, but the interviewer didn't call me in till 15 min after my scheduled interview time. After asking me a bunch of questions about my experience with working on a team and why I wanted to work at Macy's, the interviewer asked me if I could come in at 5:30 am and work till 3:30 pm when she had a copy of my availability that I filled out online. I don't why she called me in for an interview when I mentioned on my application that I could not come in before 1:00 pm due to a conflicting schedule of another job. Waste of my time and energy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Macy's?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you worked on a team and one of the team members was not cooperating. What did you do, and what were the consequences if any?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (San Jose, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Today my interview appointment was scheduled at 3p.m. I came in 2:45, because I like to come earlier. They said me to wait until 3. I didn't mind, but when it was already 3:10 I was very suprised, that person, who should assist me didn't do that. I was patient and was waiting for. They said me, that interviewer on his lunch and I have to wait. When it was 3:24 another girl came in and said, that her interview should be at 3:30, I said that mine at 3. We were sitting and waiting for someone. Finally, they came at 3:40 and invited the girl to come in and said me to wait until they will interview her. I was shocked. I just left. It was the worst interview forever.Come there was just waste of my time. And I will never come to Macy’s, even as a customer.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Gainesville, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied over the weekend and was invited to do an interview the next day. I arrived about 10-15 minutes early, everyone was very warm and welcoming, The interviewer was incredibly nice as well. The only thing is the position had already been filled and I wish I was told beforehand cause it was honestly a great interview and I really wanted the position. She said they would keep my application on file.

Interview Questions

• A part of working at Macy's includes being able to sell a Macy's credit card, how would you go about doing that?   1 Answer

Store Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The interview process was a two-part interview. The first was a behavioral interview going through my resume and a few other basic questions. The second part was a practical example with store management where you had to pick a store to help and justify why.