Macy's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

6,027 Interview Reviews

2.2

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Dublin, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Brief and to the point. Immediately started my interview because I arrived thirty minutes early. Interviewer was friendly and not at all pressuring. Questions were straightforward and were based off situations you will have to face when working as a retail associate.

Interview Questions

• If a customer cannot find an item he/she has been looking for, what would you say?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online to the position. The next day got an email that i would be interviewed over the phone today. Unfortunately, i missed the call and later received an automatic email to call at the given number for interview. I called the "job application helpline" and talked to the representative and she asked if i am willing to take interview at the moment, which i accepted. Answer all the questions and whole processes lasted about 15min. Then she offered me the job. Informed me about onboarding process, pay rate and details like employee discount etc.. Easy questions, basically everything depends upon your availability and if you are available for anytime 95% you will get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to macys?   Answer Question
    • do you have any idea what you would be doing as a retail support?   Answer Question
    • describe a time when someone in the team was not taking full load. how did you deal with the situation and what was a the result.   Answer Question
    • tell me if you find any team member, macys employee or customer, stealing a product, how would react to the situation ?   Answer Question
    • describe a time when you had to take a decision without any supervision available.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

After submitting an application online, I was sent an email to schedule myself for an interview. The interviewer went through a list of basic questions about background, experience and why I wanted to work for Macy's. After the interview concluded, she offered me a position and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for Macy's.   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor-Make Up Artist-Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online in the morning and got an email that same day in which said when I wanted to schedule an interview. I schedule for the following week at 11:00. I got there 30 minutes early and a nice lady told me to take a seat as I waited for the hiring manager. He gets there unprepared, didn't even have my resume and cover letter that I had sent with them (Good thing I brought a copy). He then greets me, and says to wait as he went to go take a phone call. He finally got off the phone and brought me back and asked me the basic questions. It was kinda awkward, but overall it went alright. He told me I would receive a phone call in a few days instead, about 3 hours letter I got an email stating that unfortunately my availability wasn't qualified for the position I applied for. FUNNY, because I was pretty much available all week.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's in September 2017.

Interview

Macy's interviewer was straight forward and easy to talk to. Even though he was easy, he still asked many questions about myself and what I would do in certain scenarios.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if i see a customer that needs help but there is also another big task that I need to take care of by the end of the day?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

it was a 20 min phone call , questions and scenarios i just answered them and she explained the different positions she had open full tie and part time

Interview Questions

• When you see someone doing the wrong thing what do you do   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Durham, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied for a seasonal position on Monday and received a email Tuesday telling
     me that i will received a phone call the following day. The phone rang at 9 am the next morning and they left a voice message telling to call back . I called macy's around 12:15 and she asked if we could do a over the phone interview which took like 20 mins i was on campus so it was hard finding a quiet spot. I was very nervous but i had experience at one of the stores competitors so all the questions she asked came easily.

Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Arrived on time. Waited about 10 minutes to be called for interview. Person conducting was very kind and personable. We shared a few laughs, and she asked me standard interview behavioral questions. Speak what is on your mind, not what you think they want to hear. It will help you relax.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time you had to switch tasks suddenly, and how did it impact your work?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time you saw someone steal, or do something wrong in the workplace, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the position you've applied for?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had to work as a group to get a job done and how it went.   Answer Question

Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Roseville, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview was fast and easy. It was one person interviewing and I was hired on the spot. They focused on availability and mentioned they have really flexible schedules. Interviewer was really nice and friendly

Loss Prevention Detective Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Macy's (Garland, TX).

Interview

I came in to the store asked to speak to the loss prevention head, who sat me down to fill out an application online,the next day I got an email to set up a phone interview and when she called she was 5 minutes late and when I called her right back as soon as she called me she said she had to reschedule it not even a minute after she called me. So the next day she called she asked me a few questions, she then said she would be intuch with me, a week and a half go by and I get an email saying my Availability didn't meet there needs ? She told me they needed full time and I applied for full time.

Interview Questions

• Can you respond to late night alarms   1 Answer