Macy's Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,062 Interview Reviews

2.1

3,062 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

It was really easy. Straight forward questions. Relaxed and laid back. They basically want to get to know you as a person. The interviewer is usually a sales or general manager.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Apply online. There was a long, drawn out questionare that had to be completed... after that, a submitted resume and filled out application. Once it's reviewed, you have a face to face interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and they emailed me back a few days later to schedule an interview. I was able to choose my own date. They responded back a few hours later basically saying that they are going to persist with other candidates.

Shoe Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Norfolk, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very nice and quick. The lady interviewing me was very nice and made me feel comfortable. The interview question was easy and comprehensive, she wrote down all my responses to the questions. Lastly the interview went well.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to work in a team to achieve a goal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (El Paso, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then I got an email to schedule an interview. They were actually tough questions for me. But it was dumb though because I got an email back saying I did not meet the availability qualifications even though I pretty much said I had open availability. They could've just told me I did not qualify overall instead of emailing a generic lie.

Full Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, CA

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Richmond, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I began my interview process online. I then received an email from the hiring department and scheduled an interview online. The process took about 4 days. The interview was great. I spoke with a supervisor and she loved my personality. I answered all the normal questions. About 12 in total. And I received an offer on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Very easy process. Nothing too major. The interview was staged. In other words, the questions asked were just read off a piece of paper. basic questions. which like why should we hire you? and what's your previous work experience? if any.

Fine Jewelry Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vero Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Vero Beach, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Easy and comfortable. You can talk to the administrators like they're people. They did a second interview on the spot. My position wasn't available at that time due to some sort of site error on their jobs site, so I was reinterviewed by a really nice guy for a Sales Lead position. Things didn't work out for me so well in the second interview, but in spite of that they liked me and offered me a position in women's shoes. I accepted their offer and begin tomorrow. Just letting people know; the key to successful sales is to be your best self. Success lies with your ability to be organic and real. I feel like I made friends through the process. Good luck everyone!

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to lead a team to success, experienced failure, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't any room for negotiation, which is pretty normal in such a large entity as Macy's.

Sales Associate/Cashier, Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Austin, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I went 15 mts early
    Main thing about retail job is your availability weekday evenings and the weekends
    If you are not available that time then you won't get the job for sure
    The online process asks for your availability
    But when we go for the interview they will say they need you in different timings
    They won't interview saying they need u in the weekends
    The lady who interviewed me didn't continue to ask questions since I chose I am not available for weekends
    Then I had to convince her that the online application didn't mention anywhere that weekends is a must
    I thought I will get the job for sure
    But ☹️ No

It's almost a week I didn't get any call back

Waiting!!!

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's in May 2017.

Interview

I arrived on time. It was very casual. The interviewer was nice. She just asked a set of questions about previous experience with customers, how you develop relationship with customers, how you handle conflict in workplace, etc.