Macy's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017
5,689 Interview Reviews

2.2

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I was interviewed by the District Director of Human Resource. After the interview, she set me up to talk to Assistant store manager for the second interview. I got hired the next day.

Interview Questions

• sometimes they need to reach out to additional resources, who did you work it and what was the over outcome?   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Stamford, CT).

Interview

It was a short interview with most questions based on how to respond to customer querry and how to ensure customer gets great shopping experience. The interviewer was very friendly and professional. It was a good experience overall

Interview Questions

• If a customer is looking for an item that the store doesnt have in stock, how would you handle the situation   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

It was about 20 minutes. The manager was really friendly and nice. She just asked a few questions and I was hired. She offered me the job on the spot. I had to fill out some paperwork and I began training after a couple of weeks.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Super easy. Just be confident and they'll like it. Speak capitalism to them, all about how you can make more money for them, how you're happy to work for them. Be honest, but away it to their favor.

Interview Questions

• If you saw someone stealing, what would you do. They asked for customer and co-worker.   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Warwick, RI).

Interview

"Describe the interview process" - I didn't even GET an interview. A day before my scheduled time, they called me and told me they "no longer had the available position." So unprofessional. I spent 3 days reviewing history about the company (both companies) and their procedures for this interview. Unbelievable and disappointed.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I aplied online and within three days I was asked to come in for an interview. The interview was pretty laid back and easy going. My interview responses were given to the manager for review. The next day I got a call regarding their decision

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you had to appeal to a customer?   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I interviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Robotic. Hiring manager had a stack of applications and I was one of them. Mgr asks you standard questions and does not look at your resume - don't bother printing it out. The standard questions did not apply to me and I had no way to make sense of this interview because I did not have previous experience in this role.

Interview Questions

• I prepared for this interview by looking at the interview questions provided by other glassdoor users. They're exactly the same. Why Macy's? Are you comfortable touching other ppl's faces? Etc..   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Sacramento, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, the process took about 3 days, got an follow up email to set up an interview. Set my interview for the next day. Had to wait about 20 mins before the interviewer saw me. The interview was basic and took about 30 mins. It went really good and she even told me I would be a great fit and I should be hearing back within the next week. The next morning I got an rejection email. I thought it went great, not sure what happened.

Retail Support - Visual Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview at HR office, Austin, TX.
    The interview was very relaxed, easy and "standardised". Indeed, the interviewer (she was super kindly and smiling! ) told me: "I'll ask you some questions that we ask to every our candidates, and I 'll report your answer in this paper". It was similar to a questionnaire. They were approximately 15-20 questions, and the flow of the interview was very quick. In some occasion, I tried to give an elaborated answers to her questions, but I understood that it was not so "necessary". The answers that she was looking for were more similar to a "check box" instead of articulated answers. The important thing is to show yourself as a good communicator, keep yourself talking for the all time of interview!
    Very simple and classic questions, like: "why Macy's", "What do you do if you see something strange in the store", "how you convince a customer to open a Macy's credit card", "describe a situation where you was inside a team", "describe a situation where you need to take difficult decision or a risk", "are you flexible" and other similar questions.

Although I applied online for a specific position, the interview was done for the future positions.

Interview Questions

• "why Macy's?",
      "What do you do if you see something strange in the store?",
      "how you convince a customer to open a Macy's credit card?",
      "describe a situation where you was inside a team?",
      "describe a situation where you need to take difficult decision or a risk?",
      "are you flexible?" and other similar questions.
      Answer Question

Planning Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

It was an on campus process. Their were several open info sessions followed by an on campus 1 hour interview. The staff was great throughout the whole process which made for a very fun and informative experience.