Macy's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2017
6,027 Interview Reviews

2.2

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I walked into the HR office in store and was greeted by the store manager. I interviewed with the Store manager then they had the HR rep meet with me and the HR proceeded to further interview me. I was offered the job a few days later over the phone contingent on successful passing of a background check.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle supervising different teams?   Answer Question
    • How would something you learned at your previous job help you in this position?   Answer Question

Asset Protection Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Got a phone call with no setup or warning, thankfully I was available to take it at the time.
    After acing the phone call with a puffed chest and bravado, got the invite to on-location interview. Pulled into a scary movie style interrogation room, where I spoke with an imposing older woman. After keeping my chest puffed out and answering all their incredibly basic questions with almost no relation to the job, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Bunch of stuff that was incredibly dumb and basic.
      'Tell me about a time where you had a tough problem you couldn't solve but you DID' or some nonsense. You've all heard this exact kind of stuff.   1 Answer

EDP MANAGER Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

One day process, not including phone interview. Three different interviews in person and on site. Typical behavioral based interview that anyone can pass with research on the company and common questions. If you prepare, I am sure you will do fine.

Interview Questions

Interview

They asked if was a team player and work my allotted hours . If I had any difficulties getting to work each day. Was I enthusiastic about working for Macy's.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Easy to complete online application that was followed by a friendly phone interview. Once approved for an in-person interview scheduling was accommodating. In-person interview explained the required duties of the position and was not intimidating but, more inquisitive. Opportunity to ask relevant questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your schedule availability?   1 Answer

Executive Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a 30 minute phone call with a recruiter, then a 30 minute Skype interview, and then an on-site final round that was 2 days and included a group interview, 2 30-minute interviews (one fit, one for an exercise they had us do in-store), and a 30-minute retail math test.

Interview Questions

• Why retail? Why Macy's? Tell me about a time you had a challenge leading. Tell me about difficulty you had working with someone.   Answer Question

MyShop Captain Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

As an experienced associate, I let myself be heard to the managers that I was interested in a higher position. A few months later after observing my customer service behaviors, they took me off the floor and interviewed me in an office.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself with Macy's in the next couple of years?   1 Answer

Assistant Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

- Four one on one interviews with Planners/Buyers
    - One HR interview
    - Floor walk of the store, business interview about observations
    - Group based project
    - Merchant Math test
    - Lunch with Assistant Planners and Buyers to gain perspective into their experiences

Seasonal Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Douglasville, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Douglasville, GA).

Interview

After applying online I received a call the next day to come in for an interview. The interview with the manager was very quick and easy. The people in management seemed to be very nice and were always quick to answer any questions I had. My impression was that it would be a great work environment.

Interview Questions

• What are some things you learned from previous jobs that will help you do well in this one?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL).

Interview

applied online and eventually received an invite for interview that I was able to set up with a set of dates and times. Met with a manager and was asked background questions and work history question. fairly easy dress nicely be friendly and you pretty much got the job.