Macy's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017
6,117 Interview Reviews

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Kaneohe, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Kaneohe, HI) in October 2017.

Interview

Ricky interviewed me, he was very friendly and easy to talk to. The interview was about half an hour long. I got to choose which department I wanted to be in after being offered a position.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied for the full time position at North gate Macy's online, within three days was asked to schedule an in person interview. Arrived at my interview on time 11:30am, waited a few minutes for the interviewer to tell me that they were notified 11am the same day that the full time position has been filled and that they only have seasonal on call positions, clearly what I wasn't looking for. So I declined to move on further with the process. What a waste of my time and money!

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's in October 2017.

Interview

A bit of a rushed process. The two hiring managers were interviewing other potential employees, so I was interviewed by a sales manager. He read from a paper and asked questions about my availability, customer scenarios, and previous work experience that would help with a sales associate position.

Interview Questions

• During the holiday season, Macy's has extended hours. Are you willing to work late nights and/or early mornings?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (San Antonio, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

On phone, interview. They called me, and asked multiple questions on work ethics and personal experience that i bring to the company. They asked me if i was to able to work extra time during the holidays and finally explained the pay rate and the work descriptions.

Interview Questions

• Q: describe what you would do if you saw something unethical, how would you handle the situation.   1 Answer

Jewelry Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Merrillville, IN) in October 2017.

Interview

I should have not been called in for an interview, I work another job part-time. The application online has times & day blocks for you to highlite on what days and 3 hour shifts you can work. I highlited them exactly what days hours I could work . When I was called for an interview she said you can not work the hours for this position, I was confused why I was there.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tracy, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Tracy, CA).

Interview

I applied online, scheduled an interview, and was hired on the spot. The lady who interviewed me was really nice and friendly. Lots of questions about scenarios in past jobs.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to find an alternative solution to a problem.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Basic interview, interviewee was very open and honest on the questions I asked. Very helpful and knowledgeable answers. Ran into a couple of employees who worked there before the interview, they were very nice and talkative, really helped with the interview process.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

It was quick and easy. They ask basic questions like why do you want to work in Macy's and they want you to talk about your previous job experiences. You get your answer if you are not accepted or not.

Wedding Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Typically a sales floor manager will conduct the interview then the WGR supervisor will meet with you to do an interview. You are basically interviewing for a sales associate position but in the wedding and gift department.

Interview Questions

• How will you skills help you in this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Stockton, CA).

Interview

Showed up early and waited in a little waiting room. Fairly short, lasted only 15 minutes. Asked me the basic questions about my sales history. Got hired on the spot and chose what department to work in!