Macy's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 14, 2017
6,231 Interview Reviews

2.2

Omni Merchnadising Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Only had one interview and it was one hour long split into interviews with two people. One was more revolved around teamwork and business skills and the other was more behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work in a group that did not see eye-to-eye?   Answer Question

Omni Buying/Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

After being offered an interview, you have to take a retail math test online that is really easy because they supply equations and a critical thinking test that is a little bit more difficult. I had an on-campus interview consisting of two 30 min interviews. The first interview was purely behavioral, and the second interview was about the retail industry, which was much more difficult.

Interview Questions

• How would you decide if you should add a new purse to the sales floor?   Answer Question

Cosmetic Ringer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Edison, NJ).

Interview

It was a couple of minutes and consisted of typical interview questions. The interviewer spent most of the time asking "getting to know you" questions, but there was one or two scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager asked what I would do in this scenario: You are a cashier and there's a long line of people waiting, what would you say to them so that they don't get annoyed and what can you say to them to help drive sales as they wait. By the way, by the register is a display of accessories.   1 Answer

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview for a job was a breeze! Had some questions to answer about my availability and my ability to work with an app and comuters..other than that, I did well and got a job offer in one day

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?
      Describe a case when you had to switch your tasks at your previous jobs and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

For someone equipped with extensive corp experience, and retail experience, the conversation could have been more mature rather than the template list of questions geared to inexperienced individuals. They require staff remain completely schedule flexible which is illogical for most people, especially if holding down more than one job.

FT Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2017.

Interview

The woman interviewing me could barely read, which made answering the questions a little more difficult. Not only did she answer her phone during the interview but she made a phone call in the middle of my sentence. She kept asking me questions I had already responded to. And then she offered me a PT shoe fetching position, although that is not what I apply for and despite my many years of retail and store management experience. It was the worst interview I've ever had and a complete waste of time.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (San Antonio, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call a day later, and asked me to schedule an interview. The interview was quick and to the point, they told me they would call me or email me in a few days, they never did.

Overnight Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's in November 2017.

Interview

The interview began with an informal "hello" with no formal introduction, handshake or eye contact from the interviewer, Diana D from Glendale's Galleria location. I was given a very VERY mundane and ineffective set of questions that have no real semblance to the work I'd be doing nor any value out of my experience. We were sat in a gloomy hallway next to a fire escape door while the interviewer glowered at her list of useless questions that could've been answered during the initial application process. She then goes on to say that the position would require me to open my availability for any time the company deemed it fit for them-going against their stated overnight position. She walks away with her papers and later informs me that the position has been filled--which is quite rude and disrespectful. She could have just lied and said the usual let-off "we will call you of anything arises".

Interview Questions

• Explain a time in your retail experience where your contribution or advice helped the company(?)   1 Answer

Seasonal Receiving Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (San Antonio, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

I had to wait for the manager for about 15 minutes. The interview itself was pretty short, maybe 10 minutes total. Several questions were ones already listed here. No offer. After my interview she took my application to the HR office and came back and said all positions were filled.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Gratiot, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Fort Gratiot, MI) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview started on time, no delay. I was greeted and interviewed. I presented my resume, and I was asked about 5 questions, there were no positions available at the moment but I’ll receive a call once one opens

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with working with technology?   Answer Question
    • Have you been in a situation where a team member lacked their part? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Have you been in a situation where you were working alone and had a time limit? What did you do?   Answer Question
    • How would you sell a customer an item?   Answer Question