Macy's Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,529 Interview Reviews

2.1

3,529 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (College Station, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied in mid-April got an invitation for an interview a few days later. I accept and interviewed about half a week later on a Monday. Interview went okay. Pretty basic questions, got a little tour around the home and men's departments. Told I would be recommended for commissioned sales in jewelry (not what I was expecting) and told I would hear back in about a week. Never was contacted again and when I checked what jobs were open for application, the part time sales job was taken.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Looking for a salesperson but the interview process was quite lengthy for the type of position I was applying for. They wanted me to complete several interviews and since Im not in the area the phone interviews were difficult due to wifi issues.

Interview Questions

• How would I achieve my sales goals   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (City of Industry, CA).

Interview

Sat down in a room and was asked why I wanted to work for Macy's and mostly situational questions, as well as my availability. The interview was about 20 minutes and I received the job on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

It was a 1:1 interview with a Sales Manager. We went over some basic/easy interview questions and she took notes. Most of the interview was conversational and seemed to test how you could create conversation from those questions rather than the questions themselves.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Filled out a long test and then got an email back within a week. Was taken into a room with one of the managers and asked me a couple of questions. Got an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Describe a stressful situation.   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the advancement in Macy's technology?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I interviewed at Macy's (Edison, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

After I filled the application I got the email for interview at the same day. I had to follow the link given to choose the interview date and time. It was a simple process.

Fine Jewelry Clerical Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's in March 2017.

Interview

The process was rather fast. I applied online, got an email to schedule my interview time, and I was interviewed the very next day.

I was asked why I wanted to work for Macy's while walking to the interview room. The whole interview took about 15 minutes.

I was emailed the day after the interview that I didn't get the job because I wasn't available for the hours they needed, even though in my application I said I was available everyday of the week for morning, afternoon, and night.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Macy's?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you made a mistake that caused issues for others and how did you solve it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had to sell different options to someone.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had to quickly change what you are doing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (Columbia, SC) in March 2017.

Interview

Did application and scheduled interview for the following week. Hiring manager was really friendly. Asked scenario questions. Applied for full time but got offered full time bc of school schedule Got job offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was very easy and straight forward question, mostly related to the job advertisement.How can I solve any problem whether I have to do multitasking at a time.The manager was very well behaved. and she helped me to ease the environment for me.

Retail Fitting Room Associate, Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Sacramento, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an email the day after that I have been picked for an interview. There was a link in the email that would instruct you to choose a day for your interview.
    At the day of the interview, I went to the store and I had to wait for like half an hour until the manager came. She read the questions of a paper and filled them up. I did not have that much experience so I think that is why I was rejected.