Macy's Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,775 Interview Reviews

2.1

3,775 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Not hard. But 3-4 questions about situation, past experience and availability. I was waiting one week after interview to get a result. Its not comfortable. The interview took 15 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

Simple and straightforward. Fast interview process. Easy process. Questions were easy . Two people interviewed me on the same day. But it was simple. Just be true and be yourself

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Simple and straightforward. It was just with one person from management, she was warm and welcoming. She asked me about whether or not I had customer service experience and after the rest of the questions immediately told me I got the position.

Interview Questions

• What is a problem you had to deal with and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The interview was quick. They asked basic interview questions. I have heard many people have had unpleasant experiences with their interviewer. Mine happened to be a good one, so I got lucky. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell me your purse?   1 Answer
    • How would you make me open a star rewards account?   1 Answer

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview for a job was a breeze! Had some questions to answer about my availability and my ability to work with an app and comuters..other than that, I did well and got a job offer in one day

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?
      Describe a case when you had to switch your tasks at your previous jobs and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

For someone equipped with extensive corp experience, and retail experience, the conversation could have been more mature rather than the template list of questions geared to inexperienced individuals. They require staff remain completely schedule flexible which is illogical for most people, especially if holding down more than one job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (San Antonio, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call a day later, and asked me to schedule an interview. The interview was quick and to the point, they told me they would call me or email me in a few days, they never did.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Gratiot, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Fort Gratiot, MI) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview started on time, no delay. I was greeted and interviewed. I presented my resume, and I was asked about 5 questions, there were no positions available at the moment but I’ll receive a call once one opens

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with working with technology?   Answer Question
    • Have you been in a situation where a team member lacked their part? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Have you been in a situation where you were working alone and had a time limit? What did you do?   Answer Question
    • How would you sell a customer an item?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Macy's in November 2017.

Interview

Interview took less than 20 minutes. I was asked at the beginning of the interview if I was looking for seasonal or permanent part time work. I said that I applied for seasonal but I would be interested in a permanent part time position if one was available. The manager was very pleasant and seemed genuinely interested in my answers. I was asked about my availability as well as my past work experience. At the end of the interview, I was hired.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that I witnessed someone (a co-worker, friend, student, etc.) doing something that they were not supposed to and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a call back about 3 days later. Initial phone interview was screening and just basic retail related questions, then out of nowhere he offered me the position and rate of pay and told me to wait for a email with initial on boarding process. I thought it was weird but I didn’t think anything if it. So on my first day of “training” two hours in they pull me aside and said that they failed to run a background check (which I totally thought was weird)

So they have my do this background check and say that they should know after 3-5 business days. Since this is a seasonal position I’m like SO WHEN WILL I WORK!?

after a week I get a call about the background check needed additional information which I NEVER HEARD OF , so due to a pass arrest(from 2014J they are interrogated me like I’m a convicted felon, they made me feel so low with the questions they are asking.

So now I have to wait for them to “ assess the situation” which is absolute bull

FOR THE LOW PAY THIS JOB IS ACTING LIKE IT IS NOT RETAIL