Macy's Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017
3,379 Interview Reviews

2.2

3,379 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I met with department manager. The meeting went smoothly. After talking about my recent experience. I had no job experience but just volunteer. After my interview I have gotten the job.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Towson, MD).

Interview

The interviewer asked questions about previous jobs why did I leave and how long was I there and also about your work ethic. One question was to give an example on when you had to deal with an angry customer .

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Applied online, the next day got an email to schedule an interview.
    Scheduled an interview at the same week and got the job!
    Was an easy interview, the standard interview questions.
    The training is easy, it took 12 hours of training then started working.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (San Jose, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Today my interview appointment was scheduled at 3p.m. I came in 2:45, because I like to come earlier. They said me to wait until 3. I didn't mind, but when it was already 3:10 I was very suprised, that person, who should assist me didn't do that. I was patient and was waiting for. They said me, that interviewer on his lunch and I have to wait. When it was 3:24 another girl came in and said, that her interview should be at 3:30, I said that mine at 3. We were sitting and waiting for someone. Finally, they came at 3:40 and invited the girl to come in and said me to wait until they will interview her. I was shocked. I just left. It was the worst interview forever.Come there was just waste of my time. And I will never come to Macy’s, even as a customer.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for a sales job on Saturday, and got an email on Monday asking to schedule an interview. I chose Wednesday, and showed up on that day. I arrived 15 minutes early, and only had to wait 10 minutes before I was interviewed. They asked a variety of situational questions based on prior experience in retail (which is easy if you have at least some experience). If you do some research on other interviews people have gone through like I did before you get called in, and answer them truthfully by being your best self, you're in good shape. Don't be afraid to keep the conversation going with your interviewer, the more honest you are and the more information you provide, the better. All in all, as long as you have some experience in retail and are comfortable and familiar with its responsibilities, as well as good social skills, the interview should be very easy. Got hired on the spot for a position I was interested in.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time you observed something wrong being done either by a coworker, a customer, or someone else? And if so, how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Sales Associaate Interview

Interview

As many other reviewers have said, the job role i applied for in the departments I selected was already taken - something they only told me after the whole interview took place. The interviewer said she did not want to let me go as I was an extremely good candidate so called in four different people from different departments who all asked me their own questions. However my availaibilty did not suit that departments needs. Of course, the department I did initially apply for did suit my availability but that was no longer an option. The vibe was overall positive and buzzing but frustrating to interview to 4 people only to find that there is no space for the times I was available to work. A waste of time overall, but an ego booster if nothing else to know they really liked me. Too bad they didnt like me enough to make space for me. Onwards and upwards!

Interview Questions

• describe a time in any situation you taught somebody something and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Silver Spring, MD) in June 2017.

Interview

i apply on line and after 1 week i get a mail to schedule interview face to face with the manger . she was very kind and friendly make me feel comfortable

Customer Service/Sales Agent - Call Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Clearwater, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was sent an email the following day to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was simple, lasted about 25 mins. You will have to explain what you did at each of your jobs and why you left them. I will list all questions asked in the question section. At the end of the phone interview, I was then offered a 2nd interview in person. We set up a time for the following day. Once at the in person interview, I first had to complete a personality assessment on the computer (about 25 questions about how others would rate you on certain things and how you would rate yourself) and also had to complete 4 simulated calls on the computer with headphones. This part is all done by yourself and takes about 30 mins. I then was brought in for the actual interview. Was told about what the position entails, pay rate and schedule. Asked mostly situational questions and to sell a cup of coffee that wasn't there. Was offered the position at the end of the interview. Had to submit personal information (address, name, social security) about myself on their computer and then was sent a link to choose which clinic I would take my drug test at. Had to pick the clinic while there and had 48 hours from the interview to complete the drug test. It was a urine test.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you dealt with it. (Phone interview)   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Macy's? (Phone interview)   1 Answer
    • Describe a time where you had to adjust to new, unfamiliar work conditions and how you dealt with it. (Phone interview)   Answer Question
    • Describe in detail the start dates of each position you have held, what your duties were, and why you left them. (Phone Interview)   Answer Question
    • Explain what you think the daily tasks of this position would be. (Phone interview)   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you had to deal with a complex situation and how you dealt with it. (In person interview)   Answer Question
    • What current skills or past positions have you held that will contribute to the role of this position? (In person interview)   Answer Question
    • Sell me a cup of coffee. (In person interview)   1 Answer
    • Describe a time where you have had to use your multi-tasking skills. (In person interview)   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

This by far had to be the best interview I have had. As soon as I arrived I was surrounded by very nice associates. Someone even apologized for my wait since the interviewer was a little late. However she was extremely kind and asked simple questions. The questions were from a packet that looked like something corporate creates for interviews. I responded with honest answers. It must have lasted no longer than 20 minutes. It was very comfortable and I left feeling good and not intimidated.

Interview Questions

• If you see a co-worker doing something wrong, would you report it?   Answer Question

I was offered a more stable position from another company a day before the recruiter called me from Macy's.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

after applying online i got an email to schedule an interview time on a website, i selected and was at the interview 15 min before. i walked in when i was called, the interviewer asked me a list of questions leading into sales scenarios. after all was done she checked in with the office.

Interview Questions

• If a customer walked into your department, how did you connect with the customer?   Answer Question