Macy's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017
5,856 Interview Reviews

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Apply online. There was a long, drawn out questionare that had to be completed... after that, a submitted resume and filled out application. Once it's reviewed, you have a face to face interview

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and they emailed me back a few days later to schedule an interview. I was able to choose my own date. They responded back a few hours later basically saying that they are going to persist with other candidates.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Miami, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied a Monday night and I received the confirmation of my application, next day I received the offer to schedule an interview and I choose Saturday afternoon, They confirm my interview and expect me that day. Friday night I received a reminder of the schedule time. Its really good how they work online for the applications.

Shoe Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Norfolk, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very nice and quick. The lady interviewing me was very nice and made me feel comfortable. The interview question was easy and comprehensive, she wrote down all my responses to the questions. Lastly the interview went well.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to work in a team to achieve a goal.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

went into macys store on 34th street. they told me that i was overqualified for the role being that i had just graduated from college and they did not offer me the next steps in moving forward.

Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (McAllen, TX).

Interview

You go to the HR room and wait for a manager to come interview you. Once the manager arrives you go into a little room to the side and answer a few questions. I applied for the wrong type of job for my experience and they helped to place me in an appropriate position.

Interview Questions

• How would you get a customer to apply for a credit card?   Answer Question

Support Signing Team Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's in May 2017.

Interview

I followed the directions about entering from the East entrance and going left on the marble until I saw HR. It was the executive office I needed to go to which is in the Juniors section by the West Entrance. The lady in front was very polite and I waited a bit until someone came and got me. She started off with saying the full time position had been filled. I did not receive a call, an email or anything. She said a 'flex' position was open, which pretty much means you are on the companies beck and call. It means you coming in at 6AM to put up signs before 10AM on whatever day the sale was going on and off.

When I said declined, had my schedule been available for such nonsense, I probably would've been offered the job but I didn't because I don't want a part time job where I have to have my entire schedule open. Especially when I know very well they wouldn't pay enough to make a decent living. I didn't stay long enough to find out the pay.

Interview Questions

• What days would you be available to work? Knowing full well we will need you to come as needed.   Answer Question

Administrative Support Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Came in for interview atleast 15 minutes early, waited half an hour after my interview time. spoke to the supervisor for 10 minutes only to be told in the middle of the interview that the position is filled and said she liked me but her hands are tied. So basically instead of giving everyone who applied for a chance, she decided to go on with the interview and acted like it was ok to waste an hour and a half of my life. If the position is filled the human resources department is suppose to call and let the person know not send a reminder when the position is filled.

Fraud Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Tempe, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

Apply online then the next day I had a phone interview. After telling me I passed the phone interview I had to pick a day when I could do the in person interview. When I showed up to the main head quarters I had to fill out paper work then after I was done I had to do a computer assessment. The assessment cover me doing four different situational calls dealing with customers needing a new credit card, a family vacation package, an increase on their credit card limit, and handling bill pay. It had to be done within an hour but it was not bad at all. After that I had to wait for the main interview. After waiting maybe 5-10 minutes in the lobby I was called to be interview by one of the hiring managers. The interview lasted probably an hour to an hour an a half. They asked me if I had retail experience and customer call experience and I said yes since I worked for Amazon as a customer call representative and started to sell myself on how I would make a great fit for this position. The hiring manager just wanted to make sure what I put on my resume was correct and made sure I was spot on with the dates of my past employments and my experiences matched what I put on my resume. After that they read off of a list on why do I want to work for Macy's, can I handle the call volume stress, name how you handled a situation with a rude customer and what the outcome was, why should we hire you etc... after all that the manager said will you did good and asked me if I wanted the job. I said yes, and he said okay congratulations welcome to Macy's and HR will be in here to get the paper work rolling. HR gave me the schedule of training that would be two weeks long after that I would get my schedule. They went over how much time off I would get, paid time off, and vacation time along with when I could use it and what would be gone at the end of the year. They made sure that I was okay with the two week schedule and that there would be nothing on my part that would interfere. I said no and they said okay will congratulataions I signed the paper work and how much I would start out which is $14.75 then a $1.00 more after six months when they do a review on my work progress. They also mentioned that if I settled accounts and bring in money such as selling products, family packages, settling accounts I could receive 10-18% reflected onto my paychecks which are every two weeks. Then I had to go and do a drug test at a faculty that was close to my house and they would send it to HR where all of that had to be done in 48 hours or else I could not have the job. Orientation in a month a way along with trading that day for two weeks. I think Macy's only hires people's at the end of April and beginning of May for the year. P.s also have availability open for the whole week I think that's why I also got the job. After that they seem to be flexible with your school schedule and life.

Interview Questions

• How many years of call center experience do you have?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a upset or rude customer over the phone and what was the outcome ?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (El Paso, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then I got an email to schedule an interview. They were actually tough questions for me. But it was dumb though because I got an email back saying I did not meet the availability qualifications even though I pretty much said I had open availability. They could've just told me I did not qualify overall instead of emailing a generic lie.