Macy's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

5,647 Interview Reviews

2.2

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Clearwater, FL).

Interview

rigorous process over 6 interviews with senior executive team, competed for attention with 5 other candidates, dinner was also like an interview as candidates were placed in strategic order.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I applied for a visual merchandising position and the next day received an email to schedule an interview. The day before my interview, I received an email that this position has been filled. Usually, a company will interview everyone that is scheduled and decide after.... A week later, this position came up on indeed.com so I reapplied thinking the person didn't work out or they needed another visual merchandiser. Next day, received an email to schedule an interview. When I went in for my interview the guy at the front desk said that this position has already been filled and that "they were suppose to" email people telling them that it has been filled. I explained to him what happened the prior week and he just slightly giggled and said sorry. This was very unprofessional and a waste of time.

Floater Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Nyack, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (West Nyack, NY).

Interview

The first was a face to face interview with a superior. Just to assess you and quaifications then I attended a group interview process that lasted a few hours long. Of course we had to dress business casual. I reccommend all black as that is the dress code. They showed us videos and asked questions. It was a full out presentation. It wasn't my most enjoyable interview only because of the length but it wasn't difficult either. There were about 5 interviewees.

Interview Questions

• They asked what if questions regarding safety and shortage control.   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor - Lancome Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

I mentioned that I had no previous retail experience, yet all of the interview questions were based on having prior experience. Wasn't surprised that I didn't get an offer. However, the recruiter shouldn't have scheduled an interview with me if they had known I had no experience (I wrote this on my resume AND cover letter).

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Orlando, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

If it's season they usually call automatically but if its not during season don't get offended they usually don't really call people. After answering the interview question I tried my best to kind of keep the conversation going for at least 30 more mins. After i did that I got offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were literally basic questions. Just try your best to answer it straight forward with confidence.   Answer Question

Visual Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

They called me , I was phone interviewed, and then they called me back about 3-4 days later saying that I got the job and the informing me about the pay and what is expected from me working at that job.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a situation when you seen something suspicious?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. Since it was seasonal.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Degrading. The completely automated and very time consuming process culminating in an automated request for an interview was like a slap in the face.
    They didn't even have the decency to make a phone call to schedule an interview - instead the automated process wanted YOU to be available as a computerized time slot was sent.
    To make it more degrading, YOU had to check back through the computer system numerous times for the slot.
    This explains why the sales help at Macy's is the worst posssible and they are closing stores left and right.
    The "face of Macy's" that works directly with customers is lazy and generally illiterate - that is if you can find a salesperson.

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was smooth but comparitively long. It took around a month. It consists of an initial phone screen, app coding assignment, phone interview, on-site interview with 4 rounds.

Interview Questions

• Is retaining a fragment always the best choice?   1 Answer
    • Suppose you are creating a screen that shows lists and grids of images. What would you use for it? What about smooth scrolling? What about network requests?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with some basic questions. Then was brought in for an interview with 2 managers. Very easy questions again because of my experience in the field. Anyone with some experience could land a job here

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult situation and how did you overcome this situation   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online for the position. Got an email back 2 days later to schedule an appointment. I made the appointment the following Thursday. On Wednesday I got an email telling me they have already filled the position. I'm sorry this is super unprofessional in my opinion. They didn't even give me the opportunity to interview especially when I know I have the skills and experience for the job. That really irked me leaving a not so great view of the company.

Interview Questions

• We filled the position????   1 Answer