Macy's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

5,632 Interview Reviews

2.2

Visual Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

They called me , I was phone interviewed, and then they called me back about 3-4 days later saying that I got the job and the informing me about the pay and what is expected from me working at that job.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a situation when you seen something suspicious?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. Since it was seasonal.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Degrading. The completely automated and very time consuming process culminating in an automated request for an interview was like a slap in the face.
    They didn't even have the decency to make a phone call to schedule an interview - instead the automated process wanted YOU to be available as a computerized time slot was sent.
    To make it more degrading, YOU had to check back through the computer system numerous times for the slot.
    This explains why the sales help at Macy's is the worst posssible and they are closing stores left and right.
    The "face of Macy's" that works directly with customers is lazy and generally illiterate - that is if you can find a salesperson.

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was smooth but comparitively long. It took around a month. It consists of an initial phone screen, app coding assignment, phone interview, on-site interview with 4 rounds.

Interview Questions

• Is retaining a fragment always the best choice?   1 Answer
    • Suppose you are creating a screen that shows lists and grids of images. What would you use for it? What about smooth scrolling? What about network requests?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with some basic questions. Then was brought in for an interview with 2 managers. Very easy questions again because of my experience in the field. Anyone with some experience could land a job here

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult situation and how did you overcome this situation   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online for the position. Got an email back 2 days later to schedule an appointment. I made the appointment the following Thursday. On Wednesday I got an email telling me they have already filled the position. I'm sorry this is super unprofessional in my opinion. They didn't even give me the opportunity to interview especially when I know I have the skills and experience for the job. That really irked me leaving a not so great view of the company.

Interview Questions

• We filled the position????   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

well the interviewer was laid back since she knew i was waiting for an hour , asked basic questions about customer service and incorperated a little makeup in there . very easy interview .. waiting on an email that i should recieve by saturday the 28th of january

Interview Questions

• Would you have a problem apply a product to a customers face or hand ?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Very easy process for an entry level job. Just look at this site and you will pretty much find all of the question they will ask you in the interview.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Macy's (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Great and fast, talked with the regional manager and asked questions mostly about knowledge of beauty and customer service. Ask a lot about what i know about products, make-up, etc. How I get my product knowledge and stay on track to what is trending.

Interview Questions

• When a customer comes up to a counter how would you get them to buy products.........   Answer Question

Store Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Macy's in January 2017.

Interview

I applied in October and was contacted regarding a "chat" in January. It took place over the phone. I found it to be pretty typical, just generally getting to know you questions. The HR rep told me more about the position during this time as well, which was helpful. I learned that this position would not be a good fit for me because it just seemed like shadowing in the store rather than actually having responsibility.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's in January 2017.

Interview

Had one interview said they have others to interview, if they wish to pursue me for employment any further there would be a second interview. Overall was a good experience but just wonder if any places are really hiring or it's a prank like Ashton Kushner! I don't know at this point but need a reason to even want to get out of bed. Rather be timeless than homeless.

Interview Questions

• How am I with the daily changes of work or something like that.   1 Answer