Macy's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Interview Questions

Updated Nov 23, 2017
6,202 Interview Reviews

2.2

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

It was pretty easy. The interview took no more than 30 minutes. I met with HR at the store I was working in and mostly talked about my resume and behavioral questions.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Memphis, TN).

Interview

I applied online on a Friday. That following Monday morning I got an email from Macy's telling me to schedule my interview date and time. The interview was pretty neutral and fast & the interview process was about 6-7 minutes long

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Sacramento, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Was about 10 minutes early, but the interviewer met me immediately. She was apparently new and was a little scrambled, but she was very friendly and easy to talk to. Opened the interview by asking me to tell her about myself. Then there were about 15 questions before she left the room for about 5 minutes and came back with a job offer. I accepted and then she led me to another to schedule for training and give me a briefing of what to bring on my first day.

Interview Questions

• How would you calm down a customer that is upset if they aren't able to use a coupon on something.   1 Answer
    • Would you rather work on the floor or behind the register?   1 Answer

Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Phone interview asking about my resume and background. Why did I choose Macys and why was I interested in the role. What do you know about Macys. Why did you choose the career that you are in. The person interviewing me also asked the amount I was looking to make for a salary

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

I got an email within a day or two. My interview was schedule at 2:45pm; but since I got there early, I was brought in at 2:15 pm. The interviewer was very kind, and decided that I was not fit for the role due to the fact that I was a full time college student. If you're planning to apply for the visual merchandiser position make sure that you will be able to work in the early mornings.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Ten min process for the interview process. Stood in front of the store while being interview with another candidate and we both got the job. Would of liked to been sitting down in a private setting

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied for the full time position at North gate Macy's online, within three days was asked to schedule an in person interview. Arrived at my interview on time 11:30am, waited a few minutes for the interviewer to tell me that they were notified 11am the same day that the full time position has been filled and that they only have seasonal on call positions, clearly what I wasn't looking for. So I declined to move on further with the process. What a waste of my time and money!

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Washington, DC) in October 2017.

Interview

Great interview, short and to the point. But slow start process.
    The company did a two day paid training. I have been waiting to hear from them in preparing my schedule. I didnt know it would take this long to getting hired. Will I ever get a schedule?

Interview Questions

• What can you say about your work experience   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Interview

Meet with a recruiter who did behavior interview by asking pretty standard questions. Then met with an employee who asked me very basic business technical questions. Fairly easy interview overall.

Interview Questions

• Name some reasons for why a department's sales might be falling and how could you fix it?   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

It was quick and easy. They ask basic questions like why do you want to work in Macy's and they want you to talk about your previous job experiences. You get your answer if you are not accepted or not.