Macy's Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,766 Interview Reviews

2.1

3,766 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The process is Super easy. They want to make sure you are customer oriented and also can make a fashion choice. They also go over the history and ask you what department you would like to be in ie. fragrance, mens, womens, etc.

Interview Questions

• What is more important? Customer service or sales?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Scheduled interview on a hiring day. Asked about 7 questions related to my past experiences and the current position I was applying for. Great experience! The interviewer was nice and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation I was in a high stress situation? How did I impact the situation?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I just walked in to their hiring event. The interviewer seemed to love me and told me she would call me back with a follow up interview with the cosmetics manager. However, 2 days later she just called and said they wanted me on board and i should show up for the on boarding on a certain date

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

easy and quick. didnt have many questions and it was probably one of the easiest job interviews i have ever done. Got the job in around a week and the training process

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

It was pretty easy. The interview took no more than 30 minutes. I met with HR at the store I was working in and mostly talked about my resume and behavioral questions.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Memphis, TN).

Interview

I applied online on a Friday. That following Monday morning I got an email from Macy's telling me to schedule my interview date and time. The interview was pretty neutral and fast & the interview process was about 6-7 minutes long

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

applied online and interviewed next day. hiring manager was very nice and he went through a list of questions in his packet and then asked me when i am available

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Sacramento, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Was about 10 minutes early, but the interviewer met me immediately. She was apparently new and was a little scrambled, but she was very friendly and easy to talk to. Opened the interview by asking me to tell her about myself. Then there were about 15 questions before she left the room for about 5 minutes and came back with a job offer. I accepted and then she led me to another to schedule for training and give me a briefing of what to bring on my first day.

Interview Questions

• How would you calm down a customer that is upset if they aren't able to use a coupon on something.   1 Answer
    • Would you rather work on the floor or behind the register?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kaneohe, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Kaneohe, HI) in October 2017.

Interview

Ricky interviewed me, he was very friendly and easy to talk to. The interview was about half an hour long. I got to choose which department I wanted to be in after being offered a position.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Apply online. The next day I received an email to schedule the face to face interview. I was then interviewed by a general person, who told me to wait after I answered some questions. Then there was an interview with the head of the department, in which after told me I was hired.