Macy's Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,552 Interview Reviews

2.1

3,552 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (City of Industry, CA).

Interview

Sat down in a room and was asked why I wanted to work for Macy's and mostly situational questions, as well as my availability. The interview was about 20 minutes and I received the job on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's in April 2017.

Interview

I walked to HR 15mins early and was told to have a seat and to please wait. About 10 mins after I was brought back to the room with a supervisor and another lady. I want to say she was a manager/lead for a department..we went over the typical questions. The whole process was about 10 mins long and I was NERVOUS..but they excused themselves then came back and extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• Our customers are our number one priority, how do you make guests welcomed?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (College Station, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied in mid-April got an invitation for an interview a few days later. I accept and interviewed about half a week later on a Monday. Interview went okay. Pretty basic questions, got a little tour around the home and men's departments. Told I would be recommended for commissioned sales in jewelry (not what I was expecting) and told I would hear back in about a week. Never was contacted again and when I checked what jobs were open for application, the part time sales job was taken.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Looking for a salesperson but the interview process was quite lengthy for the type of position I was applying for. They wanted me to complete several interviews and since Im not in the area the phone interviews were difficult due to wifi issues.

Interview Questions

• How would I achieve my sales goals   1 Answer

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

The HR was very nice and asked me to sit outside for waiting, and it took 30 mins.Even though I did not get the offer at last, it was a really experience for me.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

It was a 1:1 interview with a Sales Manager. We went over some basic/easy interview questions and she took notes. Most of the interview was conversational and seemed to test how you could create conversation from those questions rather than the questions themselves.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Filled out a long test and then got an email back within a week. Was taken into a room with one of the managers and asked me a couple of questions. Got an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Describe a stressful situation.   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the advancement in Macy's technology?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I interviewed at Macy's (Edison, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

After I filled the application I got the email for interview at the same day. I had to follow the link given to choose the interview date and time. It was a simple process.

Fine Jewelry Clerical Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's in March 2017.

Interview

The process was rather fast. I applied online, got an email to schedule my interview time, and I was interviewed the very next day.

I was asked why I wanted to work for Macy's while walking to the interview room. The whole interview took about 15 minutes.

I was emailed the day after the interview that I didn't get the job because I wasn't available for the hours they needed, even though in my application I said I was available everyday of the week for morning, afternoon, and night.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Macy's?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you made a mistake that caused issues for others and how did you solve it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had to sell different options to someone.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had to quickly change what you are doing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (Columbia, SC) in March 2017.

Interview

Did application and scheduled interview for the following week. Hiring manager was really friendly. Asked scenario questions. Applied for full time but got offered full time bc of school schedule Got job offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation   1 Answer