Macy's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

6,193 Interview Reviews

2.2

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altamonte Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Altamonte Springs, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

Panel was very professional in the interview process,questions were fair and easy to answer based on different scenarios however its very competitive as lots of people are being interviewed .Overall I think the experience was good and people were very nice

Interview Questions

• Gave Scenarios and asked what could they expect from u in the given scenarios   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kaneohe, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Kaneohe, HI) in October 2017.

Interview

Ricky interviewed me, he was very friendly and easy to talk to. The interview was about half an hour long. I got to choose which department I wanted to be in after being offered a position.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's in October 2017.

Interview

A bit of a rushed process. The two hiring managers were interviewing other potential employees, so I was interviewed by a sales manager. He read from a paper and asked questions about my availability, customer scenarios, and previous work experience that would help with a sales associate position.

Interview Questions

• During the holiday season, Macy's has extended hours. Are you willing to work late nights and/or early mornings?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (San Antonio, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

On phone, interview. They called me, and asked multiple questions on work ethics and personal experience that i bring to the company. They asked me if i was to able to work extra time during the holidays and finally explained the pay rate and the work descriptions.

Interview Questions

• Q: describe what you would do if you saw something unethical, how would you handle the situation.   1 Answer

Jewelry Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Merrillville, IN) in October 2017.

Interview

I should have not been called in for an interview, I work another job part-time. The application online has times & day blocks for you to highlite on what days and 3 hour shifts you can work. I highlited them exactly what days hours I could work . When I was called for an interview she said you can not work the hours for this position, I was confused why I was there.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Sacramento, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Quite a few interview questions. Nothing too hard. More of "tell me a time when". Manger was really nice and explained the questions in an easier way. She gave me a job on the spot and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you worked in a group and someone wasn't helping.   Answer Question

Executive Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's in October 2017.

Interview

Applied through University recruiting. Met with team members at Career Fair as well as information sessions. First round Interviews were virtual on-campus with two directors. I did not get invited to the final round at their headquarters in Cincinnati.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's in October 2017.

Interview

Fairly standard. Very welcoming recruiters who were interested in meeting applicants. Two thirty minute interviews as a first round. Spoke to both HR and actual store managers who were highly knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to sit down with a superior to discuss something important?   Answer Question

My Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was great really easy and fun the interviewer made me feel very comfortable. She even asked me if I would consider different positions. Macy's was really great!

Interview Questions

• Name a time your were under pressure at work how did you deal with it and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

very simple process. Apply online. They'll send you a link to schedule an interview time within 24 hours of your application if they're interested. Each interview time slot is 15 minutes. Asked me about my past jobs and some basic retail questions. Hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a coworker doing something they shouldn't be doing?
      What is your definition of customer service?   Answer Question