Macy's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2017
6,121 Interview Reviews

2.2

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Interview was fast to be scheduled once referred. The interview lasted about 30minutes in person and onsite. Offered the position on the spot, but did not call me to come in to work a shift. Had to call once a week for a month asking when my start day was- always got a voicemail, never an actual person on the phone.

Interview Questions

• If I can count easily to 100.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Really simple process. On campus interviewing conducted, had two 30-minute interviews and that was it. Really great people and genuinely want to get to know you! The questions were behavioral and straightforward. No trick questions, they just want to see if you are a good fit for the company and its culture.

Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

We sat down. He Informed me of the job duties and hours. I worked for the company before so i was asked about those experiences. Then I was asked 5 questions. He excused his self for about 2 minutes and came back with job offer paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when a coworker was not doing there job. What did you do?   Answer Question

Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Roseville, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview was fast and easy. It was one person interviewing and I was hired on the spot. They focused on availability and mentioned they have really flexible schedules. Interviewer was really nice and friendly

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Skokie, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and after submitting I received a confirmation email. One day later I received an email that said they were interested in meeting with me and I was sent a link to schedule an interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe your sense of fashion   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Macy's in September 2017.

Interview

they asked me about my experiences. ( I had none) still got hired. interview was very easy. I got hired and started working within a week. worked there for over a year. good experience.

Retail Administrative Support Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

It was friendly, but had very generic interview questions. The interviewer was kind and very professional and seemed to enjoy her job. She started off by being upfront about the varying hours, which I appreciated, then asked if I would like to continue with the interview. I explained that the hours would not work well for my schedule, but we continued anyway. She asked a variety of behavioral questions, then explained the tasks of the job in more detail.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about a time you dealt with a difficult situation with a customer and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Fragrance Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's in September 2017.

Interview

Sat with the Cosmetics Manager for 15 minutes. Was very nervous, so try not to be nervous. They expect some experience in sales. The manager asked basic questions and wrote my responses down. Overall, a laid-back interview. I was myself.

Beauty Advisor-Make Up Artist-Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online in the morning and got an email that same day in which said when I wanted to schedule an interview. I schedule for the following week at 11:00. I got there 30 minutes early and a nice lady told me to take a seat as I waited for the hiring manager. He gets there unprepared, didn't even have my resume and cover letter that I had sent with them (Good thing I brought a copy). He then greets me, and says to wait as he went to go take a phone call. He finally got off the phone and brought me back and asked me the basic questions. It was kinda awkward, but overall it went alright. He told me I would receive a phone call in a few days instead, about 3 hours letter I got an email stating that unfortunately my availability wasn't qualified for the position I applied for. FUNNY, because I was pretty much available all week.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's in September 2017.

Interview

Macy's interviewer was straight forward and easy to talk to. Even though he was easy, he still asked many questions about myself and what I would do in certain scenarios.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if i see a customer that needs help but there is also another big task that I need to take care of by the end of the day?   Answer Question