Macy's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

5,641 Interview Reviews

2.2

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Very easy process for an entry level job. Just look at this site and you will pretty much find all of the question they will ask you in the interview.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Macy's (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Great and fast, talked with the regional manager and asked questions mostly about knowledge of beauty and customer service. Ask a lot about what i know about products, make-up, etc. How I get my product knowledge and stay on track to what is trending.

Interview Questions

• When a customer comes up to a counter how would you get them to buy products.........   Answer Question

Store Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Macy's in January 2017.

Interview

I applied in October and was contacted regarding a "chat" in January. It took place over the phone. I found it to be pretty typical, just generally getting to know you questions. The HR rep told me more about the position during this time as well, which was helpful. I learned that this position would not be a good fit for me because it just seemed like shadowing in the store rather than actually having responsibility.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's in January 2017.

Interview

Had one interview said they have others to interview, if they wish to pursue me for employment any further there would be a second interview. Overall was a good experience but just wonder if any places are really hiring or it's a prank like Ashton Kushner! I don't know at this point but need a reason to even want to get out of bed. Rather be timeless than homeless.

Interview Questions

• How am I with the daily changes of work or something like that.   1 Answer

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty quick. Got an email right after I applied, to schedule a one-on-one interview. I was surprised I got called for a second interview, since I don't have retail experience. But didn't do so great on my second interview. I knew then that I wasn't getting hired.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a problem with a coworker how did you handle it?   Answer Question

On-Call Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

You have to go to the human resources office located inside of Macy's. The interview process was very quick and straight to the point, it was pretty easy. You are asked a bunch of questions about your previous experience and your strengths/weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• What is your strength/weakness?   1 Answer
    • Give an example when you solved a problem in a customer service setting   Answer Question

Receiving Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

They first emailed me to give a heads up of a phone interview. It was only a few hours wait before they called. The questions are the same as the rest of the reviews. After the questions they ask about your availability and about a few business days later I received a call to schedule my training.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation where the customer was frustrated? (the question was something like that)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

was typical of most interviews. was asked questions like previous job experience and how it pertained to the job applied for. interview was laid back and not difficult.got the job

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Phila, PA).

fun
    just be yourself
    the managers are ver outgoing and easy to talk to the also help ou learn magic selling
    because the sales floor is the bst experince they will walk with ou aftre hired to help you know our job duties

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

I received an email to come in for the interview,t they interview so many people every day so i waited aobut 1-2 hours just for the 1st interview , they said they would call back and i never received a call

Interview Questions

• they all ask what you know about the cosmetic brand   1 Answer