Macy's Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,469 Interview Reviews

2.1

3,469 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Greensburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Greensburg, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

They called me a day after I applied and did a phone interview. The phone interview lasted 10 minutes and I was offered the job. They set up a day and time for me to go into the store and fill out my hiring paperwork. It was overall an easy interview and hiring process.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Quick and efficient. Met in a private office. Very nice person. Was complete in 40 minutes. No worries. I felt valued and respected. They didn't bother anyone with a long application that no one ever reads.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle different departments?   1 Answer

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Honolulu, HI) in December 2016.

Interview

They asked what approaches I would use to help customers and what I would do to make their shopping experience more enjoyable. They asked what positive experience I had as a shopper and how that salesperson helped me.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (Lawrenceville, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

20 minute interview. Woman was very nice. Asked about my prior work and volunteer experience. She also asked if I applied to work anywhere else or any other positions in the store. She also asked why I wanted to work there, how much time I would be working there for, what kind of salary I would like, and what kind of hours I was looking for.

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Honolulu, HI) in December 2016.

Interview

Interviewer asked why I wanted to work for Macy's and asked how I could contribute to the store sales through the way I approach customers. Interviewer asked me to define what customer service meant to me.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe what I would do if I had a long line of customers and others waiting to be helped on the sales floor.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's in December 2016.

Interview

I had an over the phone interview. It was about 5 questions..didn't take more than 15 minutes. I was offered the job on the phone. They hire a company to make the calls, so the woman wasn't a Macy's employee. You just need to tell them what they want to hear.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you saw someone do something wrong   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The interview was pretty simple. I was asked questions about myself and to give a quick run down of my resume. Afterwards they ask many behavioral questions, be ready to get asked follow up questions once you answer as well. Many sales approach questions are also asked, so be ready for that as well.

Interview Questions

• If you saw a customer potentially stealing, how would you deal with that?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online and got an invitation for the interview the next day. It was quite easy. The interviewer was very nice. She just asked a few questions and wrote everything down. I didn't have a chance to negotiate the pay. I was hired on the spot. Not sure if my answers helped or that said I was available anytime.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The interviewer was very personable. She made the process very comfortable. First she asked about my experience in customer service then she asked only a few simple questions but she didnt ask any questions related to the specific job title. The interviewing process was very laid back.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went out of your way for a customer   1 Answer
    • Are you open to working holidays and overtime   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Paramus, NJ).

Interview

The best way is to apply online. If you are selected, you would need to make an appointment with them, which is usually a few days after you have applied. It is better to get the interview earlier, as they fill up the positions quickly. The interview was relatively easy. They ask about your background, any times were you had o work in teams. Also, they ask many if questions to see how you would react to a problem.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who is upset about one of your products?   Answer Question