Macy's Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,730 Interview Reviews

2.1

3,730 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Basic interview, interviewee was very open and honest on the questions I asked. Very helpful and knowledgeable answers. Ran into a couple of employees who worked there before the interview, they were very nice and talkative, really helped with the interview process.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Stockton, CA).

Interview

Showed up early and waited in a little waiting room. Fairly short, lasted only 15 minutes. Asked me the basic questions about my sales history. Got hired on the spot and chose what department to work in!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Dublin, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Brief and to the point. Immediately started my interview because I arrived thirty minutes early. Interviewer was friendly and not at all pressuring. Questions were straightforward and were based off situations you will have to face when working as a retail associate.

Interview Questions

• If a customer cannot find an item he/she has been looking for, what would you say?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Quick easy interview, great for first time interview, Simple questions and was a one on one interview. Be prepared to answer questions about past experiences similar to the position that you are applying for. Reference real life situations that may describe your work ethic

Interview Questions

• Name a time you came in contact with an unsatisfied customer and what would you/ did you do?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Set up an interview time online, which is convenient. Interview was short and to the point. Found out results within a few days. Simple questions and easy to answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

After submitting an application online, I was sent an email to schedule myself for an interview. The interviewer went through a list of basic questions about background, experience and why I wanted to work for Macy's. After the interview concluded, she offered me a position and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for Macy's.   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Durham, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied for a seasonal position on Monday and received a email Tuesday telling
     me that i will received a phone call the following day. The phone rang at 9 am the next morning and they left a voice message telling to call back . I called macy's around 12:15 and she asked if we could do a over the phone interview which took like 20 mins i was on campus so it was hard finding a quiet spot. I was very nervous but i had experience at one of the stores competitors so all the questions she asked came easily.

Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's in September 2017.

Interview

So I applied Macy's, received a email about couple days later to schedule a interview. I walked up to the HR office waited for about 15 mins they were pretty busy, finally got my name called to interview, the hiring manager took me to different office in Macy's, she was very nice made me feel comfortable, it was very basic questions about 10 situational ones and then about my availability. She then asked me if I was able to start right away I said yes, so then she said can you come back with me to my office and waited another 15 mins she came out and asked me to come in and she offered me the job, I'll be starting next week.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

it was fairly easy 2 interviews . they have you come in and meet the department manager, once you meet with them, if they like you you'll get a 2nd interview with 2 managers. they ask questions about your resume.

Interview Questions

• if I have any experience in retail?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Interview was fast to be scheduled once referred. The interview lasted about 30minutes in person and onsite. Offered the position on the spot, but did not call me to come in to work a shift. Had to call once a week for a month asking when my start day was- always got a voicemail, never an actual person on the phone.

Interview Questions

• If I can count easily to 100.   1 Answer