Macy's Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,271 Interview Reviews

2.2

3,271 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Hurst, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Hurst, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Sent in an application about 2 weeks prior and then was sent another email about a phone interview. I guess they changed their minds because I never received the phone call but received another email to schedule an interview on 12/9. I scheduled it for 12/10 and was told the way to the interview and where to go on an email. I walked into the Executive Room and told them I had an interview. Waited about 3-5 mins and then was taken to another room to do interview. She asked very simple questions about 4 of them then about my availability then I was hired on the spot and start training Tuesday.

Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Olympia, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

I sent the application on Friday, they contacted me on Saturday to schedule an interview, a manager interviewed me on Monday and hired me. I started the training on Tuesday. It was all pretty quick!

Interview Questions

• How would you make a customer buy a product?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever witnessed someone doing something wrong? Tell me your experience and what actions did you take.   Answer Question
    • Do you feel comfortable using technologies?   Answer Question

Furniture Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The wait time was reasonable but the signing in process takes a while since there was an issue that my interview time was not showing up. There isn't that great of a wait time.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working together with a team of strangers to get a task done?   Answer Question

FJ Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Bellevue, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied during Holiday season - seasonal employee. Quick and easy online application, followed by an in-person interview at Macy's HR department. They included immediate feedback and on the spot hiring decision, which was awesome. I was able to start immediately. Training days were a bit long and boring, but otherwise fine.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a negative customer service situation? What would you say to your customer (in this situation)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (St.Louis, MO).
    The process was rather fast. She asked me why I wanted to work for the company while walking to the interviewing room. She also asked about availability.I felt like the interview process was more of a fast pace.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you lead a team what did you do what was the outcome?
      How do you feel about touching peoples faces?
      How would you sell me a Macys credit card?
      How would you make customers come back to you?
      How would you sell a specific product to me and have it in my basket to take home?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Portland, OR) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online for a different position but I got a different one instead. I came in 20 minutes early, but I'm pretty sure they lost my informations because I was sitting there for like at least 30 minutes waiting for them to find my papers. The manager who was interviewing me was in a really big rush so she just have a list of questions on her hand. She just go down the list and ask questions and take note. The interview process took only 10 minutes, she liked my answers and I got hired. If you are new you need to go through this annoying computer lesson, it took me 2 days and 3 hours each. I don't think it was that useful.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Greensburg, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

They called me a day after I applied and did a phone interview. The phone interview lasted 10 minutes and I was offered the job. They set up a day and time for me to go into the store and fill out my hiring paperwork. It was overall an easy interview and hiring process.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Quick and efficient. Met in a private office. Very nice person. Was complete in 40 minutes. No worries. I felt valued and respected. They didn't bother anyone with a long application that no one ever reads.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle different departments?   1 Answer

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Honolulu, HI) in December 2016.

Interview

They asked what approaches I would use to help customers and what I would do to make their shopping experience more enjoyable. They asked what positive experience I had as a shopper and how that salesperson helped me.

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (Lawrenceville, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

20 minute interview. Woman was very nice. Asked about my prior work and volunteer experience. She also asked if I applied to work anywhere else or any other positions in the store. She also asked why I wanted to work there, how much time I would be working there for, what kind of salary I would like, and what kind of hours I was looking for.