Macy's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

5,967 Interview Reviews

2.2

Fitting Room Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was kind and easy to relate to. I was able to easily speak to the interviewer and honestly believe that I have a chance at getting the job. I applied only a few days ago and have not heard anything yet and am still waiting :-)

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Silver Spring, MD) in June 2017.

Interview

i apply on line and after 1 week i get a mail to schedule interview face to face with the manger . she was very kind and friendly make me feel comfortable

Visual Merchandiser Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Boca Raton, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online through the company website and received an email from the manager around two weeks later asking to set up an interview. I scheduled an interview for the following week and a week later received an email from Macy's telling me that I wasn't being considered any further.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Macy's (Miami, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

You had to wear very fashionable clothing. You have to show up before your appointment time or your considered late. You also have to look happy and be outgoing.

Interview Questions

• Where I would like to be in five years and did I enjoy my present job. They wanted to know why I wanted to leave my present employer even though I was happy there.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Gainesville, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied over the weekend and was invited to do an interview the next day. I arrived about 10-15 minutes early, everyone was very warm and welcoming, The interviewer was incredibly nice as well. The only thing is the position had already been filled and I wish I was told beforehand cause it was honestly a great interview and I really wanted the position. She said they would keep my application on file.

Interview Questions

• A part of working at Macy's includes being able to sell a Macy's credit card, how would you go about doing that?   1 Answer

Customer Service/Sales Agent - Call Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Clearwater, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was sent an email the following day to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was simple, lasted about 25 mins. You will have to explain what you did at each of your jobs and why you left them. I will list all questions asked in the question section. At the end of the phone interview, I was then offered a 2nd interview in person. We set up a time for the following day. Once at the in person interview, I first had to complete a personality assessment on the computer (about 25 questions about how others would rate you on certain things and how you would rate yourself) and also had to complete 4 simulated calls on the computer with headphones. This part is all done by yourself and takes about 30 mins. I then was brought in for the actual interview. Was told about what the position entails, pay rate and schedule. Asked mostly situational questions and to sell a cup of coffee that wasn't there. Was offered the position at the end of the interview. Had to submit personal information (address, name, social security) about myself on their computer and then was sent a link to choose which clinic I would take my drug test at. Had to pick the clinic while there and had 48 hours from the interview to complete the drug test. It was a urine test.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you dealt with it. (Phone interview)   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Macy's? (Phone interview)   1 Answer
    • Describe a time where you had to adjust to new, unfamiliar work conditions and how you dealt with it. (Phone interview)   Answer Question
    • Describe in detail the start dates of each position you have held, what your duties were, and why you left them. (Phone Interview)   Answer Question
    • Explain what you think the daily tasks of this position would be. (Phone interview)   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you had to deal with a complex situation and how you dealt with it. (In person interview)   Answer Question
    • What current skills or past positions have you held that will contribute to the role of this position? (In person interview)   Answer Question
    • Sell me a cup of coffee. (In person interview)   1 Answer
    • Describe a time where you have had to use your multi-tasking skills. (In person interview)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (West Palm Beach, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview was good asked expected questions but she interviewer told me she would be in contact with me in 3 days and more than a week later there was no communication

Loss Prevention Detective Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview set up for a Tuesday at 3:30. They called me at 2:10 p.m. and said manager was busy. They rescheduled for Friday at 1:30 p.m.
    Friday came and nobody ever called or emailed or nothing. Two weeks later, ....still nothing.

Interview Questions

• Did Macy's ever contact you as promised?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Novi, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

I went through the whole interview and then the interviewer said, "let me see if the job is available" left the room and came back to tell me it wasn't.

Social Media Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Received a phone call two weeks after applying online. The interview was over the phone and lasted a few minutes. Recruiter wanted to know my experience but had to wait on the manager in the department for feedback on my interview before taking the next steps.

Interview Questions

• How could you contribute to the Creative Team?
      What do you know about the creative department?   Answer Question