Macy's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

5,967 Interview Reviews

2.2

Flex Merchandising Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Edison, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

I filled out an application online the next day (Friday) I was sent an email to schedule an in person which took place on Monday. I interviewed with the Merchandising Manager Al who was a delight. Quick and easy interview and very comfortable. The interview was not very long, the questions were not tricky and but easy going.

Interview Questions

• Tell me anything about yourself   1 Answer

Store Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The interview process was a two-part interview. The first was a behavioral interview going through my resume and a few other basic questions. The second part was a practical example with store management where you had to pick a store to help and justify why.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The job description for this role was somewhat misleading, and gave the impression that this was a full time, manager-level role dealing with customer service and/or employee relations. After some discussion with the HR manager however, it became clear that the position was in essence an entry level sales associate and would be responsible for using the register, pricing merchandise, stocking/resetting the sales floor and maintaining sales racks. Also, full time for this role was defined as 28-35 hours per week, paid hourly, working 5 days/off 2 per week with a mandatory Saturday or Sunday and at least two evening shifts.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked if I had ever observed anyone going against company policy while at work, and asked me to detail how I handled the situation.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Applied on line. Got an email to set up interview. Went to interview and got hired on the spot. Started two weeks later. Love my great job. yeah, yeah, heah

Beauty Advisor Interview

Interview

I got there at the time of my interview and let them know via phone that I was here and testy for my interview. They told me to wait in the lobby and they'll let me know when they're ready. I waited about half an hour and I saw a woman walk into HR and she came back out and called my name. She took me into a room and had sheets of papers filled with questions and asked me all of them. After the interview she said I'd be a good fit to work at Macy's but they didn't have any open positions for me because they have had a hiring fair the day before I came in. That really aggravated me because they had me come in to interview for no reason AND they were late. The interviewer put me on the "bench" where it's like a waiting list for jobs and she said she'd contact me if any jobs had opening which happened often and to see if I was still interested. The interview process itself was the worst experiences that I've ever had. Also putting into consideration, it was only the second day on the job of the person who had interviewed me.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

This by far had to be the best interview I have had. As soon as I arrived I was surrounded by very nice associates. Someone even apologized for my wait since the interviewer was a little late. However she was extremely kind and asked simple questions. The questions were from a packet that looked like something corporate creates for interviews. I responded with honest answers. It must have lasted no longer than 20 minutes. It was very comfortable and I left feeling good and not intimidated.

Interview Questions

• If you see a co-worker doing something wrong, would you report it?   Answer Question

I was offered a more stable position from another company a day before the recruiter called me from Macy's.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

after applying online i got an email to schedule an interview time on a website, i selected and was at the interview 15 min before. i walked in when i was called, the interviewer asked me a list of questions leading into sales scenarios. after all was done she checked in with the office.

Interview Questions

• If a customer walked into your department, how did you connect with the customer?   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

applied online and received an email invite to schedule an appointment. Once arrived, I was interviewed by a different department assistant (don't think it was a manger even). Very kind and polite.

Interview Questions

• how did you educate a costumer about a product and make them a repeat costumer?   Answer Question
    • How did you and a team accomplish a project in the past?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online with the macys website and got an email saying that I could choose the date for the in store interview almost immediately after submitting my resume

Interview Questions

• Name a time you encountered a conflict and what you did to solve it   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

It was really easy. Straight forward questions. Relaxed and laid back. They basically want to get to know you as a person. The interviewer is usually a sales or general manager.