Macy's Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

442 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sort:

Commission Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Laguna Hills, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Must apply via the internet. I was contacted 1 week later for a face-to-face interview w/personnel. It was a one-on-one type screening interview. Representative said it went well and was going to setup a follow up interview with the cosemetic manager and myself. I am waiting for either an email or call to go to the next interview level.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever said anything that offended someone and how did I handle it?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Glendale, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

why do you want to work here. what skills can you bring on the table? what do you do for fun? what made you apply for macys pretty straight forward answer the questions interviewer said

Jewelry Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Mission Viejo, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

great interview with a manager and store manager they just need to be more upfront in the hours and benefits. I felt I was totally misled in the whole "make more money, get lots of hours

Interview Questions

• what would i do in these cases   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altadena, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Altadena, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Submitted an application online. Was invited through email for an interview. A department manager gave the interview business like yet casual. After each question, the interviewing manager will be taking notes of all your answers.

Interview Questions

• Stock associates are expected to use computer systems, websites, mobile applications, different technologies to get their work done. Share how you used these technologies and other technologies most recently?   Answer Question
    • When have you had to switch your focus or conversation to another and how did you handle the quick jumps back and forth?   Answer Question
    • Here at Macy's, integrity is a very important core value. Give an example of a situation were you witnessed a classmate or coworker steeling and how you handled the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Palmdale, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Asked a couple questions and when she asked about my school schedule and I explained I'm free for a month before I start back but I take morning classes she seemed fine but a day later got a email saying I didn't get because of my schedule.

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Westminster, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online and a week or two later got an email to select an interview time, showed up and got hired on the spot. It was a one on one interview that took about 30 mins. It was the usual questions and they asked for my availability after.

After the interview they ask you to select a date for your training, which consist of siting infront of a computer listening to animations and answering questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Valencia, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Honestly this interview was terrible. I went on glassdoor the day before to prepare myself, but when I got into the interview I was asked questions that I wasnt expecting at all, and they really didnt have anything to do with the position I was applying for so I was honestly confused and wanted to ask, "why are you asking me these questions when they don't relate to the position I am applying for?" haha. The person who interviewed me was also kind of rude so that automatically made the interview uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• When have you had to lead a team?
      When was a time you had to be a leader?
      When was a time you had to consult an angry customer?
      When are you able to start working?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview was short as my resume was really detailed. But mostly the questions were the classic questions like: What makes you applying for this job? Why did you left your previous job? What are some of your success? What are your weakness?
    The manager just ask some details about my past experiences as visual merchandiser. And what my previous manager would say about me if he would have contacted him.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montebello, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Montebello, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

This is the worst company to interview for. Both times I've applied for a position and by the time I go to the interview for my appointed time, the position has been filled. Why do you insist on wasting people's time or even care about having people come in for an interview if you're going to hire someone before even interviewing all candidates. I was scheduled on the day the Visual Manager wasn't even there. What a wasted.

I'm never applying for this company again.

Interview Questions

• When the lady told me the position had already been filled.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Interview

Arrived early to the hiring center it's for a store that hasn't yet opened so they were interviewing in like a cubical office space. Interview was short asked situational question what was odd was she asked me if I would taking positioning in other areas in the store which I said yes. Then at the end of the interview she said I would be called for a second interview but that there was no more visual positions open. But I don't understand why I would interviewed for a visual position if they were no longer hiring.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to change direction and start a new project unexpected.   Answer Question