Macy's Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

2.2

394 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Receiving Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, contacted via email from HR. Showed up to interview 20 minutes early and manager saw me and finished interviewing me within 10 or even less. The manager seemed uninterested, kept “mmmhmm”ing me as I spoke and made me felt rushed and unwanted.

Interview Questions

• What made you apply to Macy’s?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to work in a team and had someone difficult. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Integrity is a big thing here. Describe a time you witnessed something whether at school or at work where someone did something they weren’t supposed to do. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Are you able to work by yourself?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (West Covina, CA).

Interview

When I applied they responded back really quick. However I waited almost an hour to be interviewed. During the interview their question were all situation based (what would you do this, what would you do if, etc.). Their hours were bad, working only Tuesday's and Thursday's.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had to take control over a situation and how did that help you?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Culver City, CA).

Interview

it was very quick and to the point. The lady asked about 7 questions all related to how you deal with situations and to see if you are a team leader.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to work with difficult co-workers, and what did you do   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The man who interviewed me was very friendly and asked me several questions regarding the job. He made sure I was comfortable by smiling and looking me directly in my eyes to show that he was paying attention.

Interview Questions

• How did you help someone in making a difficult decision?   Answer Question

Asset Protection Detective Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Torrance, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Do not apply to Macy's- Applied online. Received email to schedule phone interview. When time for phone interview came NO ONE CALLED FOR OVER AN HOUR. I had to call to find out what happened, the woman who answered assured me "someone would call" me back without taking my name or the position I had applied/called for, and no time frame. So I get a voicemail later saying how "busy and understaffed" they are and to give a call back. So I call and no one answers. Now we're in phone tag. A different person calls and says the interviewer would have more time available the following morning only at a certain time and if I could call then. I did, the interview was basic questions, then says I will get a call or email to follow. So I get an email saying they can't proceed with the application. After ALL THAT, are you kidding me? The same application you bothered to try to interview me about after completely ignoring the scheduled interview time, and then making me reschedule it? Put me through that for what? It is not hard to see WHY they are understaffed. Even as a previous employee I receive this treatment; this is not the way you treat people. Macy's is a [horrible company to work for] and they will continue to close down locations until they are extinct like Robinson's May, a time which is rapidly approaching.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the asset protection position?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Northridge, CA).

Interview

Applied online and received an email to set up a date and time. The interview was brief, It was only like 10 minutes, a little awkward too. Maybe because it was my very first interview.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for a sales job on Saturday, and got an email on Monday asking to schedule an interview. I chose Wednesday, and showed up on that day. I arrived 15 minutes early, and only had to wait 10 minutes before I was interviewed. They asked a variety of situational questions based on prior experience in retail (which is easy if you have at least some experience). If you do some research on other interviews people have gone through like I did before you get called in, and answer them truthfully by being your best self, you're in good shape. Don't be afraid to keep the conversation going with your interviewer, the more honest you are and the more information you provide, the better. All in all, as long as you have some experience in retail and are comfortable and familiar with its responsibilities, as well as good social skills, the interview should be very easy. Got hired on the spot for a position I was interested in.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time you observed something wrong being done either by a coworker, a customer, or someone else? And if so, how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Very easy process. Nothing too major. The interview was staged. In other words, the questions asked were just read off a piece of paper. basic questions. which like why should we hire you? and what's your previous work experience? if any.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (City of Industry, CA).

Interview

Sat down in a room and was asked why I wanted to work for Macy's and mostly situational questions, as well as my availability. The interview was about 20 minutes and I received the job on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Redondo Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Redondo Beach, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Quick survey about people skills and ability to sell. I also got asked why I was choosing to work in retail. If I had any sales experience. What my availability is. What I hope to gain from working at Macys.

Interview Questions

• How would you greet a customer?   1 Answer